Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R3V
Haven't had time to test as I haven't finished the licenses.

I don't know if I started being more concious of the throttle being applied more than GT sport, or if it's turning down wheel sensitvity to 1 as someone suggested, or if the IA and higher tests have better tyres, or if I started playing while I'm energetic. I'm definitely more on top of the rear tyres now and topped all but 1 S license tests. I haven't done the Super Formula yet but the rest were a lot of fun.

Seems like it is indeed lack of rear tyre grip and not having feedback. With the supra on tokyo I had to memorize when/where the rears snap because I got no warning from the wheel. Will just drive at 95% of the limit going forward.

There's no reason why the car pulls the hand brake when braking at 10% while turning in an FF car, while it doesn't happen with FR. It's very exaggerated in the free Yaris car. It's more fun than the terminal understeer we got in FF cars in the past, but also broken.
I’m sorry my friend I never wrote that.. someone had asked me that question. I have no clue how that ended up as my quote.

Can someone please explain to me where this not using TC thing comes from?

Yeah in an Elise that doesn’t have it, but a 450hp road car that in most you can’t fully disable it makes to sense unless you are doing stuff for the photographer for EVO and want those full on sideways shots…

Is the no TC thing some sort of badge?

You have to lift off earlier than previous games, let the car balance and then brake. You can’t just be binary anymore in turning one on and the other off. It’s a positive nuance in the handling department, it’s all so quite a shift in how weight transfer happened in sport.
I was replicating exactly what's in the demo. I'll give it another try later when I go online and record clips.

Could you also call it a shame that some people are having trouble with cars, so the game has to be broken? I had crazy amount of trouble going from GTS to AC.. I couldn’t get a single clean fast lap done for sometime, I wonder if I went on the AC forums after not even a week of game play and said the game is broken because I can drive better in GTS. It would not be good.😂

Also I am not for telling anyone they stink the physics are fine you just need to get better attitude.. I had major problems in the beginning and even now on highpowerd cars I use TCS. I just got the LaFerrari and I would never take TCS off on that thing.. not until i get better at least. The physics that people seemed to be called broken is going way over the top in my opinion.
Exactly, when I first got AC it took me me a week to be able to string 3 laps together with the F2004 (stock setup!), and I'm a pretty fast guy. Unless you drive those cars regularly it won't feel natural at all. The only thing a road car and an F1 car share is the number of wheels and the gravity affecting them.

R3V
I was replicating exactly what's in the demo. I'll give it another try later when I go online and record clips.

The NSX hairpin license was a challenge with a controller took be a few hours, but I ignored the demo braking point but did take the wider angle but waited much longer to get on the throttle so had better drive. Just an example of how the demos are the best times they achieved that are challenging for a gold time not the best out and out single sector approach

Yeah in an Elise that doesn’t have it, but a 450hp road car that in most you can’t fully disable it makes to sense unless you are doing stuff for the photographer for EVO and want those full on sideways shots…

It's faster. I drive every car without TC, even if it's an FXXK in the torrential rain for that reason. It's also more fun. I delve in ABS off too a lot of the time for that reason. TC isn't that great in GT games

It's faster. I drive every car without TC, even if it's an FXXK in the torrential rain for that reason. It's also more fun. I delve in ABS off too a lot of the time for that reason. TC isn't that great in GT games

In the real world yes when you can feel the car, in a game where you are robbed of the one sense which is the most important, that makes you fast and self preservation is a key factor it makes zero sense until you can get that digital fidelity tuned to the new way the game works.

In the real world yes when you can feel the car, in a game where you are robbed of the one sense which is the most important, that makes you fast and self preservation is a key factor it makes zero sense until you can get that digital fidelity tuned to the new way the game works.
I got used to the game within a few hours so I guess that wasn't a problem for me. I've always liked the baptism by fire approach for myself. I already know it's faster so I stepped right into it

I got used to the game within a few hours so I guess that wasn't a problem for me. I've always liked the baptism by fire approach for myself. I already know it's faster so I stepped right into it

It will be faster in the game because if you are comfortable with feeling the slip limits you can drive to 101% the car will always be on the cusp of losing grip. And to be fair that’s where you want to be when racing in the real world.

It all comes unstuck when you miss an apex and have a deeper line modulating the frustration in the right foot is harder.

But fair play!

The NSX hairpin license was a challenge with a controller took be a few hours, but I ignored the demo braking point but did take the wider angle but waited much longer to get on the throttle so had better drive. Just an example of how the demos are the best times they achieved that are challenging for a gold time not the best out and out single sector approach
I had a really hard time with this test for a super dumb reason... my DS4 was resting on one of the triggers, causing the throttle to never go below 15% so I couldn't ever get the car stopped in time. :lol:

It will be faster in the game because if you are comfortable with feeling the slip limits you can drive to 101% the car will always be on the cusp of losing grip. And to be fair that’s where you want to be when racing in the real world.

It all comes unstuck when you miss an apex and have a deeper line modulating the frustration in the right foot is harder.

But fair play!
I’m faster with it off also, but depends on the situation. If I’m driving a BRZ I’m good with taking TC off.. I’m not taking it off on the LaFerrari even if I’m faster because the difference I’m finding with GT7 vs GTS is that edge is a lot more dangerous in GT7! You could drive on the edge on GTS easily.. if the cars got outta wack it wasn’t hard to bring it back.. extremely forgiving. In GT7 mess up a small bit and it’s good night, and with a high powerful car with no electronic aids on that how it should be.

Last edited:
Good opportunity to train that right foot and induce a slight powerslide to get it turned faster! Turn obstacles into opportunities I guess 😁

I’m faster with it off also, but depends on the situation. If I’m driving a BRZ I’m good with taking TC off.. I’m not taking it off on the LaFerrari even if I’m faster because the difference I’m finding with GT7 vs GTS is that edge is a lot more dangerous in GT7! You could drive on the edge on GTS easily.. if the cars got outta wack it wasn’t hard to bring it back.. extremely forgiving. In GT7 mess up a small bit and it’s good night, and with a high powerful car with no electronic aids on that how it should be.

If I’m driving 300hp stuff no tc is fine and manageable by the nature they aren’t going as fast and torque isn’t as high or finite.

Anything stupid power to weight wise it is the stuff of the very few quite honestly.

In a 10 lap race I cannot maintain the absolute lines and perfect braking or acceleration lines consistently enough.

So I get my limits, consistency and focus on a game are not the same as lapping my faster car or bike and the feedback is way different.

As you can tell I’m not worried about being the fastest gamer, but I do like to hold my own where real rubber meets road 😃

Good opportunity to train that right foot and induce a slight powerslide to get it turned faster! Turn obstacles into opportunities I guess 😁

Might me this thread or another but it was literally one of the things I’m coming to terms with, where I’d take trail braking liberties to almost unsettle the car that has been changed on how you do that, so I’m adjusting!

If the physics were realistic, you wouldn't need any "getting used to it".

The reason why everyone has to get used to it, is because they are not realistic.
I never had to get used to them. Don’t say everyone has had to get used to them when it’s not true.

Man the feedback you get on these tracks are great… They really stepped it up compared to GTS… the different sensation you get from the track is amazing! If the can get that straight line road feel you in AC GT7 would be even better!

Are there other T300 users feeling the different sensation you get from the track.. I feel as I can actually feel the tires flexing some times.. just got done doing American club 700 Daytona Road Course which is amazing btw with my ZL-1 Camaro 1LE and the road sensation you on that track from the banks, uneven surface bumps I just can’t express this experience GT7 is giving me. I was extremely close on getting a PC and AC but if PD can expand on this I will be pleased! Wobble Cam 2 takes some time to get use to but it’s the best view because it gives you that perspective of you were actually on track driving! It’s amazing I wish I could adjust it a little bit though, I would tone it down just a little bit. What’s cool through the stiffer the car the better the view is. I drove my 930 last night and it was like a floating boat compared to the ZL1 Camaro 😂

This was true for GTS. But that seems to depend on what kind of car and tires your using in GT7.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what's ya'lls time in S licenses?

But fair play!
It's not about comfort. TC off in GT, even GT7 is just faster. TC kills off your momentum where it's most important, at the exit. You lose time not just off the corner but all the way to the next braking point. It's faster to go 10% easier on the throttle with TC off than turn it on most of the time.

With no feedback I'm just having to memorize where/when the rears slip in this game.

Man the feedback you get on these tracks are great… They really stepped it up compared to GTS… the different sensation you get from the track is amazing! If the can get that straight line road feel you in AC GT7 would be even better!

Are there other T300 users feeling the different sensation you get from the track.. I feel as I can actually feel the tires flexing some times.. just got done doing American club 700 Daytona Road Course which is amazing btw with my ZL-1 Camaro 1LE and the road sensation you on that track from the banks, uneven surface bumps I just can’t express this experience GT7 is giving me. I was extremely close on getting a PC and AC but if PD can expand on this I will be pleased! Wobble Cam 2 takes some time to get use to but it’s the best view because it gives you that perspective of you were actually on track driving! It’s amazing I wish I could adjust it a little bit though, I would tone it down just a little bit. What’s cool through the stiffer the car the better the view is. I drove my 930 last night and it was like a floating boat compared to the ZL1 Camaro 😂
I used to drive at 3-5 in GTS and GT6. It feels different in GT7 but I've been doing 3-1 now because for some reason it's easier to catch the rears that way.

edit

A safe way of finding grip is doing a lap with TC1 and hearing when the throttle gets cut off. Just drive 10% less throttle at that point in the next attempt wihout TCS and you'll gain time.

Last edited:
I had a league race on ACC last night which was good to compare FFB to having been on GT7 pretty much exclusively since Friday... I would say that the FFB in ACC is better quality, you get more sensations from the road in the wheel, but there is something 'natural' feeling to GT7's that meant post-race I could jump back into it and pick up with little adjustment.

I do think there are some good similarities between the way the GT3/Gr3 cars behave in these two titles though.

R3V

It's not about comfort. TC off in GT, even GT7 is just faster. TC kills off your momentum where it's most important, at the exit. You lose time not just off the corner but all the way to the next braking point. It's faster to go 10% easier on the throttle with TC off than turn it on most of the time.

With no feedback I'm just having to memorize where/when the rears slip in this game.

I used to drive at 3-5 in GTS and GT6. It feels different in GT7 but I've been doing 3-1 now because for some reason it's easier to catch the rears that way.

edit

A safe way of finding grip is doing a lap with TC1 and hearing when the throttle gets cut off. Just drive 10% less throttle at that point in the next attempt wihout TCS and you'll gain time.
Thanks for the tips man! I have no problem with GT7 physics and I also can feel every though my wheel! One thing I will disagree with you on the TCS system. GTS tcs would kill your time it would kick it under small traction lost vs GT7 doesn’t kick in unless you loose the car or have a powerful car… that’s what I have seen so far with my driving. Not saying your wrong that it makes you slower in GT7, but from me using it, it didn’t cramp my speed and also helped me with consistency.

@danardif1 I completely agree with you even in AC the road feel is amazing ACC is better, but I use AC a lot because AC also had the road cars vs only GT cars in ACC.

Last edited:
R3V

edit

I haven’t used my wheel properly in GT7 but on the dualsense using buttons, gold on most up to s license. I’m taking my first bronze and moving on to progress the game or fill 10 mins here or there.

The thing with no tc is absolutely fine to do with a controller but because they aren’t analogue anymore you have to lift/tap coast more than previous games.

I do have my stick sensitivity at max and use the abs min just because you don’t have the roll on to the brake from analogue buttons. But I do lift before braking now wait a fraction and then load the front which is how it should be, just different from muscle memory.

I haven't used TC for years now, in any situation barring the wet, but I have always wondered why people are always wearing it as a badge of honor or trying to shame it, especially online. It's not even much of an advantage. Many of the lobbies back in the day had 'no aids' in the title. Like, damn, barring F1 I feel like most top racing series' have some sort of driving assist, even today. Are they noobs too?

GT has always been kind of weird with assists, because they're generally slower by quite a bit than without, when I feel like we've gotten past the point of horribly intrusive electronic assists IRL.

I was wrong.

1.1s from 262 kmh down to 181 kmh in both. Same grip I guess. Seems the demo run lifts, coasts and brakes longer then turn the wheel fully while 100% brake (albeit at a lower speed). I'm used to trailbraking early to point the nose towards the corner and have some oversteer carry me out.

I wish we had GT6's data logger, or every other game's replay feature so you can replay each corner to figure out how to get it right in each car/game.

1646858568295.png

1646858590219.png

1646858611105.png

1646858635048.png

hi guys dont know if this was posted but what do you guys do to control your car in rally when u hit a pump and jump ? my car just go crazy as if like i pulled the E brake

Last edited:
hi guys dont know if this was posted but what do you guys do to control your car in rally when u hit a pump and jump ? my car just go crazy as if like i pulled the E brake
I just use throttle control before going over in.. the first time I thought it was like GTS and once i hit the ground I few over the barrier I was cracking up lol!! You can just go flat out over them.

Gr3 cars with race soft handle just like GTSport, so I think it's just the sport tires are better and nobody ever used passenger cars in GTsport so we all think this **** is whack.

So any car nuts out there know what makes the Gr4 cars so much more grippy than their road brethren?

I'd be keen to see if you can mod a road car to handle more like a Gr4 car by doing certain upgrades and tuning adjustments. I tried a bit last night with the 911 GT3 '01. I even threw on a ballast and cranked it to the max and right to the front, to get a 48:52 weight bias (car is obviously very rear heavy by default). Increased spring stiffness and camber. Felt a lot better, but still nowhere near as grippy as the Gr4 cars.

Gr3 cars with race soft handle just like GTSport, so I think it's just the sport tires are better and nobody ever used passenger cars in GTsport so we all think this **** is whack.
Nah, I booted up GTS last night and took the exact same road car for a spin. Increased power and decreased weight to match. And made the setup the same. Same RH tyres. It's far more controllable in terms of oversteer on GTS. But it also feels a lot more lifeless.

Last edited:
Back