Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.62 Now Available, Adds Four Vehicles Including Corvette Concepts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 513 comments
  • 89,192 views
Last edited:
1756383666979.webp


200.gif
 
:confused: If anything, I would think having no Snow tracks in the section labelled 'Dirt/Snow' from the 2017 launch of GT Sport (featuring equippable snow tyres) through to GT7 Spec-II 6 years later was a rather unfortunate situation, and getting 6 snow layouts was quite a nice early Xmas present.

We know from updates and full releases that PD complete work on at least two track locations per year, in addition to maintenance on the existing ones, so even if we see just one more track location in the next 16 months, there'll be about five we've not seen potentially ready for GT8 by then. Maybe they'll even revisit Eiger's dirt trails, or Chamonix, just to upset you.
Hah. Yeah. No.

Maybe if they had continued to release tracks..but spending all of that time on some weird lame snow track, when they could have done something cool, such as road America, was a waste of resources (to me).
 
I think they mean “sublime view, which…”
I also think that, and I've probably done worse, but it's amusing that this should appear (twice) in an update in which "we repaired various text localization issues" :lol:
 
The Chevrolet Corvette CX Concept is a good car despite being an EV. Maybe too powerfull for no good reason, still much more permissive than a Porsche Mission X. A cheat code for the Hypercar Parade races.

The Chevrolet Corvette CX.R is a scam. Advertised as a version designed for endurance, it fails on this very goal. The sound isn't that amazing, the engine sounds muffled.

The AFEELA 1 is a good handling car, but as an advertisement product, it fails. We still don't have its full specs and the dashboard which is one of its selling point is dead.

The Renault Avantime is THE car I was waiting to try with this 1.62 update and it doesn't disappoint. I'm glad I can finally explore it. Its tuning options are wide open and quite demonstrative. I would have preferred the engine swap to be a V10 or V12, but I guess going with another 3.0L V6 was the way to go. It saves the update on its own.
 
Is there any update regarding cars available with Sophy? Or which cars can be used with which tracks? Any sophy updates at all? I haven't seen them yet.
 
The normal CX is surprisingly good to drive, even though it runs on Sports Softs and handling over 2000 horsepower. I managed to do 5:55 on the Nordschleife with it... with those tires.
Very realistic indeed. PD ruined this car. They should have made it heavier at least.
 
What's the clean race bonus for the Spa race? Seems like a pretty good payout for a ~20 minute race.
 
Question is it normal you cant use VGT cars against others cars in custom races

I see you can only do One-Make races with the CXR?:(
 
Question is it normal you cant use VGT cars against others cars in custom races

I see you can only do One-Make races with the CXR?:(
If you play with Sophy many cars are not available to use. But those VGT races are just a mess sadly.


So the SPA 900 is a good event for earn money?
 
Loving the CX Concept Vision GT so far, both models are very fast, but my favorite is the EV model.
The feeling I have with this can be summarized by this one video and my thoughts are the same as Clarkson at 6:03 mark.

It felt raw and kind of barely contained chaos feel that none of the Vision GT EVs had but too bad about its top speed, 2145 HP yet it hit a weird limiter that capped its top speed to 243 mph and simply couldn't keep it there as well.
Also, once you get the annoying but weirdly addictive four-wheel spin under control then it simply flies, almost as fast as Jaguar VGT SV model.
Other Vision GT EVs simply felt too grippy and safe in comparison especially Porsche VGT.
Mission X is almost undrivable at lower speed CX Concept felt more usable to me while also more powerful.
Shame about CX.R's small battery that couldn't recharge fast enough on racing model, it loses like 1500 HP once the battery runs out it's so jarring.
Avantime is beautiful inside out I love cruising around in its purple color and excellent visibility meant it's a joy to drive in cockpit view as well, V6 power also kept it from feeling too slow it actually surprisingly brisk and sporty for such a tall MPV.
Afeela did nothing other than impress a few of its fans that can actually afford one and actually wants to buy one IRL, oh well at least it's free.
 
Last edited:
From now on, please refer to her as Le Mans winner Avantime. This is why I love this game. 10/10 update and I haven’t even tried the other three cars
 
IMG_6995.webp

With added racing tyres, brakes and trans and no tuning it’s pretty handy! I think I can get it over 320km/h with improved gearing
 
Advertised as a version designed for endurance
Where? The press release at most mentions "the future of Corvette GT racing" which isn't necessarily endurance.
What's the clean race bonus for the Spa race? Seems like a pretty good payout for a ~20 minute race.
Same as usual: +50%.

I did some quick maths earlier and it's pretty comparable to WTC800 at Spa. Close enough to be an alternative if you're after something in quicker machinery and which takes less of a time commitment.
 
Solid update, not the best but the cars are fun, only negative for me is the afeela, basically is adding nothing new compared with the concept (besides the ability to add a wing XD)
 
Where? The press release at most mentions "the future of Corvette GT racing" which isn't necessarily endurance.
Mentions endurance efficiency (ha) here

The Corvette CX.R Vision Gran Turismo Concept possessed a more aggressive aerodynamic package, lower stance, and a lighter build than the standard CX Concept. Underneath, it featured an advanced E-Fuel/Electric hybrid powertrain—two electric motors up front, one at the rear, and a compact, high-revving twin-turbo V-8, delivering both the performance and the efficiency needed for endurance racing.
 
Lake louise was a kick in the junk.
Hah. Yeah. No.

Maybe if they had continued to release tracks..but spending all of that time on some weird lame snow track, when they could have done something cool, such as road America, was a waste of resources (to me).
Goodness gracious, I don't even remember when (if) was the last time I agreed with someone 101% over here...

And Road America, is The Dream Track (not on Earth, in Heaven).
 
The way Andrew Evans worded his thoughts under the "New Races" heading suggested he had similar thoughts. Obviously not for certain.
I got that impression too first time reading it but I figured no way Famine would think of the CX.R as being close to Gr.2.
I didn't expect 1000pp tbh but I thought surely a solid 900s.
 
Last edited:
Why does the American car have a PP of 911
1701142011367843.gif
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing the year PD put 1957 and not 1967 to match the year of the car.
They use the model year of the car typically so this makes a lot of sense.

The tin foil hats are everywhere it’s bizarre as hell!
 
Back