Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.62 Now Available, Adds Four Vehicles Including Corvette Concepts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 513 comments
  • 89,192 views
I’m loving the Vettes, but I have just two quality of life upgrade suggestions:
1: Remove restrictions on EVs (and the go-kart and CX.R) for the cars you can race against in custom races. It’s absurd that they are restricted to one make races (besides online and the campaign).
2: Batteries on Hybrid cars shouldn’t drain when there’s no fuel consumption. This is the main reason I don’t use Hybrids for custom races (other than the Tomahawks). They’re at a huge disadvantage when races are longer than 5 laps. I understand that it’s realistic for the battery to drain, but having no fuel consumption isn’t, so why do the batteries still drain? Absurd.
Because of this I’m a tad disappointed when the CX.R goes from track monster to Gr.2 in just 5 minutes. Despite that, I was looking forward to racing it against the many cars in my garage, but I cannot because of reasons unknown.

Also, I feel like the CX Concept’s top speed should be higher than the Jaguar VGT SV’s. They weigh the same, but the Vette has more power and lower drag. But alas, the CX tops out around 250mph (depending on the wind) while the Jaguar eclipses 300mph.

The less said about the AFEELA the better.

The Avantime is a joy to drive in all configurations, Stock, Tuned, and Engine Swapped. Not to mention the amount of dopamine I get when I dust a field of race cars with it.
Just one complaint about it:
There’s far too much aura farming going on with the amount of Espace F1 liveries uploaded.
 
With my limited skills and other people's decals, I had a go at creating the Ferrari SP3 Daytona (the $26m one), the Koenigsegg CCGT, and trying to make something a bit Avant-garde for the Renault (it does look a bit messy), and I just made a few changes to the Sony car.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20250828211941.webp
Gran Turismo™ 7_20250828212745.webp
Gran Turismo™ 7_20250828213136.webp
Gran Turismo™ 7_20250828213539.webp
 
I'm guessing the year PD put 1957 and not 1967 to match the year of the car.
They both say 1967.

EDIT: Ahhh I see what they were implying now. I wasn't aware of any correlation between the year and the mileage.
 
Last edited:
Team Kaz made a typo! 🤣🤣🤣
I'm guessing the year PD put 1957 and not 1967 to match the year of the car.
They use the model year of the car typically so this makes a lot of sense.

The tin foil hats are everywhere it’s bizarre as hell!
The odo reading isn't necessarily the year of the car, but may be a year that's otherwise significant to the brand.

1957 saw Toyota's first operations in the USA and its first entry into motorsport (to become the first Japanese manufacturer to enter international motorsport) with the Toyopet Crown taking part in the Round Australia Trial rally. Actually in the same month: August.

1756422712525.webp
 
As someone who went into this update incredibly excited for the Corvette CX.R, I have to say I’m quite disappointed in its implementation. Maybe it was due to the quick turnaround from its reveal, but the car seems bugged in quite a few ways. For one, it’s, to my knowledge, the only non-EV that forces you into a one-make event for Custom Race, which completely takes away any opportunity to place it against its potential rivals (Ferrari VGT, X2019, Non-Gr1 versions of the Hyundai, McLaren, Bugatti, and Mazda). In addition, the Hybrid simply does not replenish anywhere near fast enough, and without the hybrid assist the car becomes completely unusable. It feels bugged in a similar way to some of the LMP1 cars before they were patched (2016 Audi R18 as a prime example). I partially expect them to patch it (The in-game mention of endurance racing makes this car feel a bit like a joke) but maybe that’s just wishful thinking as they never updated the Ferrari VGT which has a similar, if far less pronounced issue. To add insult to injury, you can still hear the electric motors screaming at full tilt even when the car’s battery is dead. Overall the Corvette just feels completely useless in its current state, I hope they make some adjustments in the future, it’s a shame as when it’s working it’s a really good car to drive.
 
Last edited:
As someone who went into this update incredibly excited for the Corvette CX.R, I have to say I’m quite disappointed in its implementation. Maybe it was due to the quick turnaround from its reveal, but the car seems bugged in quite a few ways. For one, it’s, to my knowledge, the only non-EV that forces you into a one-make event for Custom Race, which completely takes away any opportunity to place it against its potential rivals (Ferrari VGT, X2019, Non-Gr1 versions of the Hyundai, McLaren, Bugatti, and Mazda). In addition, the Hybrid simply does not replenish anywhere near fast enough, and without the hybrid assist the car becomes completely unusable. It feels bugged in a similar way to some of the LMP1 cars before they were patched (2016 Audi R18 as a prime example). I partially expect them to patch it (The in-game mention of endurance racing makes this car feel a bit like a joke) but maybe that’s just wishful thinking as they never updated the Ferrari VGT which has a similar, if far less pronounced issue. To add insult to injury, you can still hear the electric motors screaming at full tilt even when the car’s battery is dead. Overall the Corvette just feels completely useless in its current state, I hope they make some adjustments in the future, it’s a shame as when it’s working it’s a really good car to drive.
You’re not the only one who feels this way. The problem is getting our thoughts to the people that matter at PD, otherwise these Corvette Concepts will just be more dust collectors which is a damn shame. Especially since the CX is one of the few EVs that I actually enjoy using.
 
As someone who went into this update incredibly excited for the Corvette CX.R, I have to say I’m quite disappointed in its implementation. Maybe it was due to the quick turnaround from its reveal, but the car seems bugged in quite a few ways. For one, it’s, to my knowledge, the only non-EV that forces you into a one-make event for Custom Race, which completely takes away any opportunity to place it against its potential rivals (Ferrari VGT, X2019, Non-Gr1 versions of the Hyundai, McLaren, Bugatti, and Mazda). In addition, the Hybrid simply does not replenish anywhere near fast enough, and without the hybrid assist the car becomes completely unusable. It feels bugged in a similar way to some of the LMP1 cars before they were patched (2016 Audi R18 as a prime example). I partially expect them to patch it (The in-game mention of endurance racing makes this car feel a bit like a joke) but maybe that’s just wishful thinking as they never updated the Ferrari VGT which has a similar, if far less pronounced issue. To add insult to injury, you can still hear the electric motors screaming at full tilt even when the car’s battery is dead. Overall the Corvette just feels completely useless in its current state, I hope they make some adjustments in the future, it’s a shame as when it’s working it’s a really good car to drive.
It's not the only "non-EV" that's forced into a one make (in Custom Races). There are a number of ICE vehicles that also suffer from this strange limitation. For instance, The Toyota Himedic.
 
It's not the only "non-EV" that's forced into a one make (in Custom Races). There are a number of ICE vehicles that also suffer from this strange limitation. For instance, The Toyota Himedic.
Oh I’m sure there are a few I’m not aware of, this one just feels particularly arbitrary. My only thought is that they might have given it the same restrictions as the non-VGT version, which is a full EV. Restricting the cars at all feels silly regardless, as any car can be selected as an opponent, including EVs. I don’t get why only the player can’t drive certain cars.
 
The odo reading isn't necessarily the year of the car, but may be a year that's otherwise significant to the brand.

1957 saw Toyota's first operations in the USA and its first entry into motorsport (to become the first Japanese manufacturer to enter international motorsport) with the Toyopet Crown taking part in the Round Australia Trial rally. Actually in the same month: August.

View attachment 1475338
They need to put this car in the game!
 
To add insult to injury, you can still hear the electric motors screaming at full tilt even when the car’s battery is dead.
Out of interest, are you sure that's the motors and not the active fan system?
 
Out of interest, are you sure that's the motors and not the active fan system?
I suppose it could be, would at least make a bit more sense. Those would be some very loud fans though, must be sourced from a gaming laptop.
 
WTC900 is missing. Saint Croix is missing. Yes I can do WTC800 races.

Is my game scuffed? I’ve already done a couple of shutting down the game and restarting the PlayStation. What’s next?
 
I drove the Avantime at Le Mans yesterday and it was a proper laugh because the front end would always protest whenever I took a corner. It just isn't built for performance driving😹 The whole experience is a novelty and that's what makes the car special. I don't care if it was a commercial flop because the whole story around it is soo intriguing and very much a part of French motoring folklore.
 
Is it me or the CX Concept EV driving weird?
When you brake you can't turn the steering wheel!!! it's like it's dead!!
And the other thing is that when the battery runs out, it becomes so slow.
 
Last edited:
The new Corvette VGT the non electric version. Wow that thing it’s out of this world. That beast howls, screams and growls I love it! Drives awesome too. I think overall this could be the best VGT that’s more believable. The Tomahawk is the craziest of the lot and probably the most popular but not realistic. Just a tone of fun. But this Corvette seems like a hypercar with zero restrictions if that makes sense. Try it in VR around Spa. It’s pretty epic.
 
It's amazing how futuristic the Avantime looks in terms of its interior. Well ahead of its circa 2002. While I'm very vocal about VGTs and their inclusion in GT, I have to admit that the new CX.R VGT actually looks fantastic and feels like it could be something that would be possible in a few years time.
 
It's amazing how futuristic the Avantime looks in terms of its interior. Well ahead of its circa 2002. While I'm very vocal about VGTs and their inclusion in GT, I have to admit that the new CX.R VGT actually looks fantastic and feels like it could be something that would be possible in a few years time.

Fun fact (in case you didn’t know) Avantime is a French/English wordplay and literally means ahead of its time.
 
I really like the Corvette VGT, especially in the Atomic Orange that's on the C6.

View attachment 1475471
It is quite good lookin and all, even fun to drive, BUT.. the fastest electric car (production) IRL is the Xiaomi SU7 Ultra with time 7.04.
And I saw someone driving this thing under six minutes in this very forum.
So why did they had to make it so unrealistic? And 1400kg 🤣 FFS! Even the battery weighs that almost 🫤

The answer: it's a car from the future dummy, that's why of course.
 
Last edited:
And 1400kg 🤣 FFS! Even the battery weighs that almost 🫤
If you took the one off the beginning, you'd be closer to the mark.

The combined weight of the cells is about 350kg or so (Lithium Ion batteries have an energy density of about 260Wh/kg; 90kWh = 350kg), but they're only about 60% of the total weight of a battery pack - at least in production specification. That'd mean that the pack as a whole would weigh about 560kg or so. Unless they're imagining a near-future with higher energy density (which has been improving over time) and a high performance application battery pack with fewer and/or lighter components to account for not necessarily being a road car.
 
Mildly disappointed with the CX.R VGT. It's a shame it wasn't a Gr.1 with better regen. I was shocked by how much of a turd it was when the battery was depleted. Other than that, it looks, sounds, and drives pretty good.

Avantime is just a legend. 👍
 
If you took the one off the beginning, you'd be closer to the mark.

The combined weight of the cells is about 350kg or so (Lithium Ion batteries have an energy density of about 260Wh/kg; 90kWh = 350kg), but they're only about 60% of the total weight of a battery pack - at least in production specification. That'd mean that the pack as a whole would weigh about 560kg or so. Unless they're imagining a near-future with higher energy density (which has been improving over time) and a high performance application battery pack with fewer and/or lighter components to account for not necessarily being a road car.
I was exaggerating of course my dear, put some lapin lisää/lap land addititon if you know what I mean.
 
I was exaggerating of course my dear,
I am not your "dear", nor do I appreciate the flip to this kind of condescension after your exaggeration was corrected.
put some lapin lisää/lap land addititon if you know what I mean.
I do not, because I am not Finnish (all messages on GTPlanet must be posted in English) and "addititon" isn't a word in English. Perhaps you could explain in English (all messages on GTPlanet must be posted in English)?
 
I am not your "dear", nor do I appreciate the flip to this kind of condescension after your exaggeration was corrected.

I do not, because I am not Finnish (all messages on GTPlanet must be posted in English) and "addititon" isn't a word in English. Perhaps you could explain in English (all messages on GTPlanet must be posted in English)?
Oh sorry, this happens when you're typing on cellphone. But Im sure you did understand the word I was after. Hint: remove one letter.
 
Back