Gran Turismo Movie Thread

• Thread starter ro_har_
  • 1,255 comments
I have no doubt I'm gonna enjoy it and I'm 56.

Just sayin'. :gtpflag:
I'm 53 and i'll be right along with you! I've been playing Gran Turismo since the release of GT1. I was grinning like a little kid at the trailer. I jokingly told my wife i was going to wear my two Gran Turismo Jackets, Gran Turismo hoodie, and Gran Turismo tee shirt in August to watch it on its release date. :D

Half way thru there should be an pop up-

"An unexpected error has occurred".
Or-
"The host has ended game".
This Is How It Ends The End GIF by Breaking Bad

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

New Gran Turismo Movie Promo Features Jann Mardenborough and Behind-the-Scenes Footage

As most regular GTPlanet readers know, the upcoming Gran Turismo feature film will tell the true story of 2011 GT Academy champion Jann Mardenborough. Now, Sony Pictures has released a new promotional video for the film featuring Jann himself talking with actor Archie Madekwe who will play him in the movie...

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

New Gran Turismo Movie Promo Features Jann Mardenborough and Behind-the-Scenes Footage

As most regular GTPlanet readers know, the upcoming Gran Turismo feature film will tell the true story of 2011 GT Academy champion Jann Mardenborough. Now, Sony Pictures has released a new promotional video for the film featuring Jann himself talking with actor Archie Madekwe who will play him in the movie...
Well, I am truly humbled by this.

This movie is going to flop so hard. 🫤

GT gamers : mildly interested at best
other gamers : couldn’t care less
everyone else : certainly couldn’t care less

This movie doesn't convince me.

The only thing that interests me about this film is whether at the time of its release it will influence the addition of some content in GT7, such as the Hungaroring or a other new track, race cars and tutti quanti.

Last edited:
This movie doesn't convince me.

The only thing that interests me about this film is whether at the time of its release it will influence the addition of some content in GT7, such as the Hungaroring or a other new track, race cars and tutti quanti.
This would be great but I am curious to see what the director will do with the racing. Some behind the scenes footage would be interesting.

This movie is going to flop so hard. 🫤

GT gamers : mildly interested at best
other gamers : couldn’t care less
everyone else : certainly couldn’t care less
the story looks decent and the visuals look good enough for people to give it a go. Motorsport is getting more popular thanks to DTS. Personally, I wished they used the budget to bring back gt academy

Completely forgot about Ginger Horner. Wonder if we'll see anything new for GT7, regarding Red Bull. Whether the partnership with GT is still there or not.

Alrighty, saw the trailer in the theatre, before watching Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. When the LMP car flips, people in the audience gasped. At the end, a few people were saying they didn’t know it(the game or the true story?) was that serious. Seemed to get some good chatter before the main feature started. We‘ll see how it does soon enough.

Come to think of it, when I recently saw GotG Vol.3 in the local Regal, there was a trailer for the GT movie. So I can definitely confirm that part of the article.

Last edited:
Just when I thought this timeline couldn't get more strange.

Back