Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
So for the X2019 race at Spa in GT League, what sort of tires should I go with? I wanted to used Hards, but I can't even pass anyone unless they pit, so I'm thinking of using softs instead, especially with the rate that I use fuel. But at any rate, how many pit stops should I expect? Two, or three? Because I usually do two, (with one at lap 10 or so, and another at around lap 20) but that's also when I'm using Hards. What about BB? I'm thinking -1, given the drivetrain, and so that the front and rear tires get worn at a more uniform rate.

EDIT: And is there any evidence that the Zagato VGT has a Nissan engine, and there was meant to be another version with a Callaway engine? I can't find any evidence. I know there's apparently another version of the VGT with a more notable rear wing, but I can't find any other info that implies any of the other bits of info.

EDIT2: It says right on the news release article here that it uses a Callaway engine. Nothing about a Nissan engine. Also interestingly, there's nothing to imply there were meant to be two different versions. The 1:1 model that's in that article is more like the in-game model, without the rear wing, and every single depiction of the Zagato VGT in both those screenshots and the video does have the rear wing. So my guess is that maybe the winged version was a pre-finalized design that was used in promotional materials (i.e. the screenshots and video), whereas the wingless version was the final version. And there's not too much to imply that it can't necessarily race with Ferraris and Lamborghinis even as it is - just not in the context of every participating car being in the same group. (I'd personally have it be tunable insofar that its maximum weight can still overlap with the tunable weight range seen on the 458 and Huracan. And then I'd have it be part of an event where there's a maximum power and minimum weight that'd allow it to compete, provided those settings are tuned to follow those regulations.)

EDIT3: Ah, I think I see what they mean. The engine, according to in-game stats, is 4494cc, which correlates to a Nissan engine - the VH engine, in particular, which is seemingly used in the Infiniti Q45, so I bet the Zagato VGT has a tuned version of that engine. This engine also has about 559hp, and both of those stats (displacement and HP) run against the article's statement, which says the engine is a 6.2L and can produce up to 997 hp. Very interesting. Perhaps these stats could be referring to the model with the rear wing? I could ask Callaway themselves about it, too, if they know anything - I live less than five minutes away from them!

Last edited:
Just my photoshop works, but which do you prefer?
1. Mercedes-AMG GT S wheels
Normal
EDXsgqFVAAIItxA

Optional
EDXsgqFUUAE5WhA

2. Alfa Romeo 4C headlights
Europe
EI7-Q0CUUAEptUB

US, etc...
EI7-Q0CU0AECsYW

Just noticed that I love making these kinds of photoshop images.

Quick question from someone who only watches the racing on streams etc. Do PD ever do BoP changes? Cars that were off pace a year or more ago still seem to be off pace with the same cars being chosen for the same tracks, are there any alterations being made?

Quick question from someone who only watches the racing on streams etc. Do PD ever do BoP changes? Cars that were off pace a year or more ago still seem to be off pace with the same cars being chosen for the same tracks, are there any alterations being made?
Nearly every game update also includes some minor BoP changes

Just my photoshop works, but which do you prefer?
Just noticed that I love making these kinds of photoshop images.

Huh, I thought the EU headlamps were just on the Launch Edition? That makes more sense from what I know otherwise.

Also, I had no idea there wasn't going to be any SEMA awards this year. That's too bad. But I don't think that means it's completely stopped, and even if it was, there could still be cars from SEMA that could come to the series, much like how there are other cars from the Tokyo Auto Salon, even though only two years had the GT "Best in Show" award. (I think it was specifically for 2007 and 2008.)

I also wonder if skipping SEMA this year could have something to do with the costs of doing that event on GT/PD/Sony's end? It could be that the FIAGTCs are pretty expensive to host as they are, so maybe they couldn't afford to go to SEMA this year. (I do hope they return, though, or at least continue to scan cars from there, as it's the oldest of the three auto show awards that GT has given out, between SEMA, Pebble Beach, and the Tokyo Auto Salon. I suppose it'd be too much to see if they'd return to the Tokyo Auto Salon, though, given that they haven't had the award in over a decade. But then again, we didn't need a Tokyo Auto Salon award to have the S-FR Racing Concept, for example.)

I also wonder if skipping SEMA this year could have something to do with the costs of doing that event on GT/PD/Sony's end? It could be that the FIAGTCs are pretty expensive to host as they are, so maybe they couldn't afford to go to SEMA this year. (I do hope they return, though, or at least continue to scan cars from there, as it's the oldest of the three auto show awards that GT has given out, between SEMA, Pebble Beach, and the Tokyo Auto Salon. I suppose it'd be too much to see if they'd return to the Tokyo Auto Salon, though, given that they haven't had the award in over a decade. But then again, we didn't need a Tokyo Auto Salon award to have the S-FR Racing Concept, for example.)
You're looking too far into it mate.

SEMA is great if you're into automotive sacrilege but not much else. Would much rather stock classics be included in the game instead, so not unhappy that PD isn't there this year.

Another new game(28th time). :lol::D

THIS time, I'm attempting to see how much Cr. I can build up in Campaign, before the GR Supra GT4(Gr.4) is gifted(December 16). Should be fun.

Completed 100% of Campaign(GT League remaining): NO cars purchased, other than MiEx points(10000 used for the M4 Safety Car, RC Z Gr.3 road car and 500 for Driver Pose 18)
EJE86izVUAAfEgk

My starter car(Megane R.S. Trophy '11) and two Daily Workout Gift cars(Camaro ZL1 & MINI Cooper S '05), are the only cars gifted outside of Campaign. I deleted two duplicates( Falken BRZ and Camaro '69 - a silver one).
EJE9dMCUEAAtZ7w

EJE9X-_U0AAIWcn

EJE9Pe2UEAI44av

EJE9JEKUEAEF3L9

If someone buys the game from now until the next(possible) update, end if November, they could do well to complete Campaign before venturing into Sport Mode or not.

could someone explain to me what is the BEEP sound on the porsche taycan ?? sometimes it is activated in full acceleration of other times in full braking !!

could someone explain to me what is the BEEP sound on the porsche taycan ?? sometimes it is activated in full acceleration of other times in full braking !!
It’s just a generic sound that all electric vehicles have in GT Sport. It’s there for you to know when the car is accelerating I guess...

It’s just a generic sound that all electric vehicles have in GT Sport. It’s there for you to know when the car is accelerating I guess...
thank you ! but I think there is another explanation to this! If other people have an opinion do not hesitate!

I am curious how Trial Mountain and Deep Forest would work in Sport Mode, with strict rules and championships.

I spoke in another topic. It would be interesting for PDI to keep the same layout, but it could bring the trackside similar to Dragon Trail and Maggiore, with kerbs in the bus stop chicanes and widening of the run-off area.

I'm in love with the layout of both tracks. But, currently, I confess that bothers me the "visual arcade" of some sectors of both tracks.

For example, in Deep Forest, the sidewalk of Curve 4 and the unprotected cliff are uncomfortable. In Trial Mountain, the last chicane bothers me, there it can be used as a jump ramp; and right after the tunnel, with the slopes at the margins of the straight.

In my opinion, it would be very cool for PDI to do a structural upgrade in both circuits, but without losing the original location. Anyway, as in real life: made renovations and upgrades to make them two viable racing circuits.

Last year a user made a sketch. Maybe not so radical, but It is something to that effect:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ep-forest-arent-in-gt-sport-yet.372543/page-3

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me what is offensive about the word nightmare? Because I tried to name a livery "Technicolor Nightmare" and the entire word was replaced with asterisks.
The word filter suffers from the Scunthorpe Problem (i.e. they thought that you are including profanity in your sentence when it is actually not.)

Can someone please explain to me what is offensive about the word nightmare? Because I tried to name a livery "Technicolor Nightmare" and the entire word was replaced with asterisks.

I tried putting the word Night into a text box in Call of Duty last night and it got censored. It's Sony's crappy profanity filter at play.

Back