Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
and they bothered to model Horse Thief Mile and Streets of Willow which are both terrible.

They're good for one thing, and one thing only.

tenor.gif

9xlX.gif

Last edited:
Looking back at the screenshots I have on my laptop has made me appreciate once again just how superb the car models are.

Now I can't wait for my house move to be over and I can have the G29 set up again and get back into it.

Even though numbers show not many players play online, the game still feels online based. That's PD's aim for this game.

I'm curious if PD were to have done GT League as they did the seasonals and Daily Races, more people would be online

I'm saying that all the content is online, but has a branch for multi-player and a branch for single player. The single player content might remain as fresh as Sport Mode.

Custom Race would probably be the only offline feature.

Even though numbers show not many players play online, the game still feels online based. That's PD's aim for this game.

I'm curious if PD were to have done GT League as they did the seasonals and Daily Races, more people would be online

Did they produce any numbers around the seasonals?

The only reason I cared for the seasonals in GT5 was because of the payout, otherwise it's the same dish just served in a different container.

Did they produce any numbers around the seasonals?

The only reason I cared for the seasonals in GT5 was because of the payout, otherwise it's the same dish just served in a different container.
It'd be freshly cooked, instead of leftovers though.

The things with the seasonals at least early on, was that the races were limited life and expired when the next ones came on.

With GT6 they just recycled stuff half way thru... and then reduced the intervals from 1 week to 2 weeks (for example).

Where have we heard this story before with 'daily races' and "Women's Weekly"....

If they had some monthly updates to GT Sport... even weak ones with maybe 3 cars no track and some filler league stuff then that would sort of sustain something.

Unless I'm missing something there has been almost no mention at all of GT Sport's 3rd Anniversary on October 17th. From what I recall the release date was a few days later depending on the region, but even still I think the lack of response sends a clear message that most people want to or have moved on from GT Sport. Hopefully most people come back for GT7, because even though Sport was on average underwhelming, there are parts of the game such as the car models, physics, and livery editor that can lay the groundwork for GT7 to be a return to form for the Gran Turismo series.

Unless I'm missing something there has been almost no mention at all of GT Sport's 3rd Anniversary on October 17th. From what I recall the release date was a few days later depending on the region, but even still I think the lack of response sends a clear message that most people want to or have moved on from GT Sport. Hopefully most people come back for GT7, because even though Sport was on average underwhelming, there are parts of the game such as the car models, physics, and livery editor that can lay the groundwork for GT7 to be a return to form for the Gran Turismo series.

It's more like a memorial with GTS.

whats amazing to me is that they are still runnning e-sport comps and time trials for it with RBR etc but no updates...

I know people say that they need their manpower to prep GT7 but that's literally years away.

I dont think we will see anything for this year.

Last edited:
whats amazing to me is that they are still runnning e-sport comps and time trials for it with RBR etc but no updates...

I know people say that they need their manpower to prep GT7 but that's literally years away.

I dont think we will see anything for this year.

It's more like a memorial with GTS.

As a newcomer to the GT series, I never played before GTS, I don't see these problems at all. I haven't ever seen a game celebrate its birthday before. And while updates are fun the things that makes me still think this game is great is the new races, the ability to pickup and play and the fun that it still is racing.
I understand that if you are done with the game you are done but I don't understand how an update should fix that for more than a few weeks.

As a newcomer all you're going to see is a new game with a fair bit of content. Of course your experience wont be the same.

Even last year there seemed to be a fair bit of updates every month to six weeks whatever.

As I said before, Sport was as low as $10 usd during the sale? For a new buyer thats great value albeit at a huge download cost.

As a newcomer all you're going to see is a new game with a fair bit of content. Of course your experience wont be the same.

Even last year there seemed to be a fair bit of updates every month to six weeks whatever.

As I said before, Sport was as low as $10 usd during the sale? For a new buyer thats great value albeit at a huge download cost.
I think the problem is you feel that this game should be what the older games where, only with better graphics and physics. You do not see it as a game in it self but as an extension of the older games.
And I can understand the frustration of getting a game with almost no content at start but there's lots of content now at least.
I don't know how much the game was when I got it close to two years ago, it was a gift, but even with the silly penalty system it's still the best driving game I have ever played.
Yes, updates would be nice but hey, they updated the game for free on a regular basis for 3 years. Who else does that?

English is not my first language but I'm not sure what to make of the phrase "modest updates".

I have a modest income. Its not zero income.
English isn't my first language either,so I am sorry for not understanding what you mean by that? I haven't used the expression "modest update".

As a newcomer to the GT series, I never played before GTS, I don't see these problems at all. I haven't ever seen a game celebrate its birthday before. And while updates are fun the things that makes me still think this game is great is the new races, the ability to pickup and play and the fun that it still is racing.
I understand that if you are done with the game you are done but I don't understand how an update should fix that for more than a few weeks.

I'm happy you don't see any problems as a new comer. It's well worth the money now as it's pretty close to what one would expect from a full game.
As someone who played since the first day of the BETA and reached a fair bit into A+, Level 50 and Platinum trophy I have seen it all. It has been a comedy to say the least. The last straw for me was sometime last year when they changed the handling physics to heavy understeer. I literally thought my controller was broke or something was broke. Took me 3 months or so to get back up to speed.

A compilation of GT Sports worst bugs and decisions would be a painful but interesting watch. Expect more with GT7.

I'm happy you don't see any problems as a new comer. It's well worth the money now as it's pretty close to what one would expect from a full game.
As someone who played since the first day of the BETA and reached a fair bit into A+, Level 50 and Platinum trophy I have seen it all. It has been a comedy to say the least. The last straw for me was sometime last year when they changed the handling physics to heavy understeer. I literally thought my controller was broke or something was broke. Took me 3 months or so to get back up to speed.

A compilation of GT Sports worst bugs and decisions would be a painful but interesting watch. Expect more with GT7.
More is good :)

Edit: I was around when they made the new tire model and the latest physics update. I thought both where an upgrade. So we probably isn't going to agree on this. Let's just agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
English isn't my first language either,so I am sorry for not understanding what you mean by that? I haven't used the expression "modest update".

The creator of this game said it. But then like many mouthpieces, they say a lot things.

Further I think people arent happy because there's a lot thats still broken that was supposed to be fixed but never was.

I do get how new people like what they see but they're seeing a lot that's superficial IMO.

I'd also put it like this... you want GT Sport to run up until GT7? In this state like this? Good luck. Or maybe not and just let it die.

Last edited:
More is good :)

Edit: I was around when they made the new tire model and the latest physics update. I thought both where an upgrade. So we probably isn't going to agree on this. Let's just agree to disagree :)

Yeah I'm sure pretty most people liked it or didn't even notice it. Personally I despise understeer like this. I used to tune a bit of understeer into some cars in GT6 when racing at Nur24h for some safety, but to have that x100 inherent in nearly every single car was and still is a game changer for me.

All normal road cars pre-1999, don't have traction control.

Can't recall if the E46 M3 came with TCS.

As mentioned, new GR.1, GR.2, GR.3, GR.4, come with TCS.

👍

Didn't think I'd use the feature as much as I have.
The cars in Group 1 and 2 don't have traction control (or at least they shouldn't)

The cars in Group 1 and 2 don't have traction control (or at least they shouldn't)
I was sure GT500 used TCS. Looked it up it's not allowed.

From the WEC website for LMP cars.
https://www.fiawec.com/en/lmp1/27
The LMP1 Private Teams category is reserved exclusively for independent private teams. A team that is independent of a manufacturer means a team that does not benefit from any support from a manufacturer other than for the single supply of engines, services relating to these engines or commercial support. Any support from a manufacturer relating to the chassis or to chassis systems is prohibited. It is understood that traction control is considered as a chassis system.

Last edited:
Back