Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
20201023_011020.jpg

20201023_011205.jpg

Somehow, I am in a field that features 11 N600 cars, 5 N700 cars, 1 N800 car (The Aventador SV) and only 2 other N500 cars. Ok then...

Last edited:
So I'm trying to come up with a way to visualize lap-times to see how "good" they are, but I'm trying to decide if I should use averages or medians for the upper bounds. The lower bounds are always going to be the session fastest lap, though.
test-chart.JPG

*M3 GT3 with SS Tires around Miyabi

Medians aren't affected too much by outliers but creates some clipping issues. Averages can make decent laps look "amazing", like as shown above.

Last edited:
PD showed the garages slot, but we haven't got to interact with them. A garage is selectable to view our cars, but we don't get a feature to watch parts change or walk around, open doors, look at the engine, remove wheels and look at(not inspect) brakes, suspension, boot/trunk.
The perfect place to do those things, rather than the spaces in Livery Editor.

This is the opening video from the game so yes.
Ah, I meant "only the music without any sound effects", just like in this video.
And I haven't found any evidence of the name of this music anywhere, is there anyone who made a reference ever?

Edit: Found the music on SoundCloud. But it says the title is "Gran Turismo Sport Main Theme."

Edit 2: Found a reference which says the title was shown in the website of the composer; John Paesano, but now it's inaccessible so I can't confirm it any longer.

Last edited:
It would not surprise me at all if the Lamborghini VGT and the Porsche 917 updates never happen and they debut in GT7.

And further, GT7 is a LONG way away... at least Xmas 2022 and they basically leave GT Sport on life support until then.... cant cut the servers, wont update the game.

Xmas 2022 sounds a long way off but do you think Xmas 2021 is at all realistic?

Can you drift with the cockpit camera?
I am a 'master of drifting' according to the trophy I got but that was simply putting the hours in and in no way a master yet! :lol:

And moreover that drifting was done with the chase camera, I expect major duds with the cockpit one at first.:scared:

Anyway, I only use the cockpit camera since a month or so to make it more sim, and gonna keep it that way. :cheers:

For me anyway, I either use cockpit say 50% and bonnet cam the other 50%...

I cannot drive in chase, like at all. Its just alien to me. If I'm enjoying myself its cockpit... if I'm time attack or maximum race attack (ie. Nostaglia 79 or F1500s etc.)

HOWEVER I drive chase in FH4 except when I'm in the groove racing.

I drift bonnet or chase.

But my drift car is a tuned 911 GT3 and that's all I use.

Drifting in GT Sport is a bit of art IMO from the drivers seat. You have to "FEEL" the force as it were.

to be fair to the dumb AI, a lot of them do not use full throttle when accelerating

that AI list is full of heavy hitters no doubt
It absolutely boggles my mind how bad the AI is at driving cars. 25 years ago in Gran Turismo 1 it was fine because everyone had to use a crappy dual shock (if they even had those) and the PSX was not exactly a supercomputer. But these days it's inexcusable that the AI are literally tens of seconds off the pace of a reasonable driver.

Won't it be a topic that daiki kasho became 44 years old yesterday (11/2) and got married the same day?
Since knowing it from @SuperKlonoaGT's tweet (He also celebrates it in his profile page), I'm still very happy.

Last edited:
Won't it be a topic that daiki kasho became 44 years old yesterday (11/2) and got married the same day?
Since knowing it from @SuperKlonoaGT's tweet (He also celebrates it in his profile page), I'm still very happy.
Unless @Jordan or @Famine say otherwise, such a topic being posted in either the Sport or GT7 forums will most likely be not relevant enough and will therefore be locked.

I have been thinking of doing a more general topic for Daiki in the music forum lately, though... We'll see.

I think the problem is you feel that this game should be what the older games where, only with better graphics and physics. You do not see it as a game in it self but as an extension of the older games.
And I can understand the frustration of getting a game with almost no content at start but there's lots of content now at least.
I don't know how much the game was when I got it close to two years ago, it was a gift, but even with the silly penalty system it's still the best driving game I have ever played.
Yes, updates would be nice but hey, they updated the game for free on a regular basis for 3 years. Who else does that?
The best driving game you've ever played? Perhaps you haven't played Assetto Corsa yet. Both AC games blow away GT7,not even close. Assetto Corsa is on sale on PSN for $10 US. Trust me go buy it. You won't play GT7 again.

I bought PC1, AC and PC2 on PS4 & XB1. I have ACC on PS4 and still play GT Sport. It's the quick online racing that attracts players that still play GT Sport. In that sense it is the best game.

Ain't no denying ACC is awesome. One of my favorite all time racing games. It can't compete with the ease of GT Sport online play though.

Last edited:
Random thought. The world within GT Sport should be on Japan Standard Time or UTC.

Firstly, so much easier to organize races and watch live events. But also would make us all feel more connected. A standardized time within the game would make us feel like we are in the same world. In Japan it probably doesn't matter. But there's a few time zones within America and Europe. For me personally, I play mostly with people 3 hours ahead so I am already converting time, it'd be the same.

The best driving game you've ever played? Perhaps you haven't played Assetto Corsa yet. Both AC games blow away GT7,not even close. Assetto Corsa is on sale on PSN for $10 US. Trust me go buy it. You won't play GT7 again.
AC is unplayable on a control. I'm not going to spend money on another game I can't play so not buying ACC.
And I'm sure the driving is great on a wheel, I hear that from friends too, but the multiplayer experience is far behind GtS in numbers and accessibility as I understand it.
Physics isn't everything.

Last edited:
AC is unplayable on a control. I'm not going to spend money on another game I can't play so not buying ACC.
And I'm sure the driving is great on a wheel, I hear that from friends too, but the multiplayer experience is far behind GtS in numbers and accessibility as I understand it.
Physics isn't everything.
To be fair, ACC on controller is perfect. No adjustments needed. Seriously, it's perfect.

I made the mistake of drifting on a friend's sim rig running AC pre-pandemic.

I have since had a really hard time actually enjoying GTS. There's so much more input feel on a steering wheel. The audio and visual cues really tie it all in together and help the user know the limits of the car.

I've made my own Steam account and have been slowly increasing my library with each major Steam sale. Now all that's left is to build my own PC which is proving a little difficult with bots buying up stock.

I'm just hoping that GT7's new visual fidelity and hopefully sound design, paired with the new haptic feedback systems on the DS5 controller make the game a much better experience.

Last edited:
I bought PC1, AC and PC2 on PS4 & XB1. I have ACC on PS4 and still play GT Sport. It's the quick online racing that attracts players that still play GT Sport. In that sense it is the best game.

Ain't no denying ACC is awesome. One of my favorite all time racing games. It can't compete with the ease of GT Sport online play though.
What the getting rammed and dive bombed online play? Yeah awesome game.

Back