• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Is GT Sport down rn? I can't connect to server but I am logged into PSN

Anyone having issues playing?

Edit...
Down detector website showing large spike in PSN since the past hour

Just logged into Car-X PS4 and it works ... Rather play GT Sport tho

Last edited:
Ran a new game again. After three days and 12 hours of doing Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experience, ended with 58 cars(including my starting gift car and kart from the Etiquette videos and DWGs).
Nearly 1,500km and total of 9,760,000 Cr.(includes 250,000Cr. from FIA Australia Reward and 50,000Cr. from the start of the game).

Add the 31,000,000 & 3 gift cars, from me completing(Gold & one Diamond) the Lewis Hamilton TT.

Total: 40,760,000

Going through GT League to see how much I can get done(and Cr. accrued) before the FIA starts up. Not partaking in Daily Races with my main account.

I'm delighted to see the fabulous little GR Yaris come to GT Sport so soon. Looking forward to the 13 November.

I didn't think any more cars were going to be added after they pulled the planned... never mind.

Timely update for the next FIA championships too. B.O.P. changes are probably going to be a part of the package (Nerf the FF Gr.4 cars a bit please! And the poor 4C Gr.4 needs a boost).

Ok...I fully admit that was unexpected but SHOULD have been expected given Finals and World Tour are coming up.

Finally a Toyota Yaris in game! Not much by any means but it's a car I like and already thinking some liveries!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say PD will add the GR.4 Supra as another choice for Toyota.

There is actually one Gr.4 Supra in the game, though you can't obtain it anymore. It was awarded for taking part in a survey PD conducted last year. I always found that odd but since it's not an overpowered car it never seemed to be an issue.

edit: You probably meant that one anyway, my bad.

Last edited:
There is actually one Gr.4 Supra in the game, though you can't obtain it anymore. It was awarded for taking part in a survey PD conducted last year. I always found that odd but since it's not an overpowered car it never seemed to be an issue.

edit: You probably meant that one anyway, my bad.
I'm dreaming, but "PD do surprises well"™ ;)

I remember first seeing this being added to the Toyota Brand Central videos whether it was a hint that the car will be added and months later....its gonna be in the game now in the update.

But let's go. I'm looking forward to that GR Yaris.

Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ “High Performance” '20 is coming to Gran Turismo SPORT on November 13!!!!!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/world/news/00_4311773.html

upload_2020-11-6_10-33-0.png

krabs_rag3do.jpg

Does GT Sport take any advantage of extra horse power of the PS5?

I heard backwards compatibility on the ps5 was improving other ps4 games, is there any news for GT Sport?

I don't believe anything has been confirmed, pretty sure GTPlanet would have cover it in a article if so.

However, personally I'm hoping that the upcoming update on the 13th will bring some PS5 enhancments.

With PS5 releasing (in the US) the day before the update makes me suspicious. Also, Gran Turismo is a stable series and system seller for Sony, one of their biggest 1st party series, so it would make sense.

Obviously just speculations on my end, but I guess we'll know soon enough :)

I have a question about GT Sport. I have played GT3 and GT4 and then GT5. I wasn't able to play GT6. But I returned to GT Sport some time ago. But I have tried to drive the cars ingame and... I used to like taking cars for a spin on the Nürburgring. But the handling is so different. What happened to the game? I tried driving a number of cars but all except the really really really slow ones I just lose control even on relatively straight sections.

The way I would describe it is the cars floating from left to right and no longer be as well planted to the ground as in earlier games. I have a G29 steering wheel which should be fine I think right?

It's a real shame cause IMO it's not the only title that has changed for the worst. I have trouble adapting perhaps... stuck in the past lol. Any tips or recommendations or has anyone had similar experiences?

@Niels I think you should play around with the traction control settings. Set it to a high number and lower it as you get more comfortable.
Also stay off the curbs on Nürburgring. Your wheel might have a larger deadzone at the center as well.

@Guffaluff Ya, I'm looking forward to that update, but I really wish PD would share some official news about GT Sport enhancements and GT7 release.

Back