Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Like this? Look where the white car shoved him off.

Yes. This will be the last comment I make on the topic. As I posted in the pic above, the blue car has let his intention known that they will push another car off track if they challenge him. That is not racecraft. That goes against the videos we have to watch in order to race online. And if someone disrespects me like that, then they deserve no respect back.

As for the swerving coming up to banky boi, that is clear. Blue car wanted to break the slipstream, white car stayed in it until they prepared for the braking zone. Gears was trying to outbrake the blue car. What Gears was trying not to do was be directly behind the blue car when they applied the brakes. Everything leading up to the left after banky is (in my opinion) irrelevant to the contact that caused the penalty.

Yes. This will be the last comment I make on the topic. As I posted in the pic above, the blue car has let his intention known that they will push another car off track if they challenge him. That is not racecraft. That goes against the videos we have to watch in order to race online. And if someone disrespects me like that, then they deserve no respect back.

As for the swerving coming up to banky boi, that is clear. Blue car wanted to break the slipstream, white car stayed in it until they prepared for the braking zone. Gears was trying to outbrake the blue car. What Gears was trying not to do was be directly behind the blue car when they applied the brakes. Everything leading up to the left after banky is (in my opinion) irrelevant to the contact that caused the penalty.

That’s nonsense.

I was actually trying to pass down the inside on the straight but given he moved across on me twice, he wasn't going to give me space to pull alongside. That's not breaking the slipstream, thats just blocking then retaking the racing line twice. It provides context but ultimately, separate issues.

The crash was regrettable but having seen the replay I don't think he was going to give me room anywhere I tried. He jinked right again about 50m before the left and deliberately started the squeeze to the right after. We were still touching as we were for 150m before he turned in to the right hander, so he knew I was there. I had to correct and unfortunately that was that. Was still a fun race.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/worldtour2020/world_finals/

Interesting Nations Cup format they have there. Rather than using the X2019 for the final race, it's gonna feature the RX VISION GT3 around La Sarthe.

Also I rate the background pic they used.

i1CeTLJ5AMxcmRH.png

I was actually trying to pass down the inside on the straight but given he moved across on me twice, he wasn't going to give me space to pull alongside. That's not breaking the slipstream, thats just blocking then retaking the racing line twice. It provides context but ultimately, separate issues.

The crash was regrettable but having seen the replay I don't think he was going to give me room anywhere I tried. He jinked right again about 50m before the left and deliberately started the squeeze to the right after. We were still touching as we were for 150m before he turned in to the right hander, so he knew I was there. I had to correct and unfortunately that was that. Was still a fun race.

Coming down the straight towards banky boi he made his intentions he was going to stay on the right hand side, he wasn't moving across from the left hand side to the right hand side, he was giving you the option of the left hand side the entire time, the way you swerved all over the place was introduced the moving across you mention,

I have now watched the entire race and boy would I not want to be on track with you, the amount of divebombs you make no wonder your SR is like a seismometer reading, Nice punt to pass move here:

Again I refer to my previous post here:
Did you have to get past him at the point? no, Was contact avoidable? yes, did you avoid making contact with the car in front? no, Did you give him space on the track? no, penalty justifiable

you still had 3 laps to go to get the lead, backing off before that left right sequence after banky boi could of helped you get a run on him into the next right hander or get him on another corner on one of the next laps, you don't have to overtake at every sniff of an opportunity(Don't give me that Senna reference) just need to be smarter on track, hopefully this experience can help towards building on racecraft

The jink you refer to is a non event, its hardly a jink and then the right hand part... he didnt squeeze you, you were barely there, your front wheels where at his back bumper, you needed to back off, you didn't and you got stung with a deserved 4sec penalty

Last edited:
A whinge post:
(Sorry, not a regular on here, but love the community)
I find it very frustrating that the front wheel drive Gr3 & 4 cars are said to be the faster options. I’m a big supporter of the FWD=wrong wheel drive notion (when it comes to racing/driving pleasure). I understand they can’t just BoP FWD’s to be slower though.
Anyone else feel the same?
Edit: I’m not meaning I’m frustrated at the Daily Race update posts saying that, I look forward to reading them every week!

Last edited:
A whinge post:
I find it very frustrating that the front wheel drive Gr3 & 4 cars are said to be the faster options. I’m a big supporter of the FWD=wrong wheel drive notion (when it comes to racing/driving pleasure). I understand they can’t just BoP FWD’s to be slower though.
Edit: I’m not meaning I’m frustrated at the Daily Race update posts saying that, I look forward to reading them every week!

If you look back through the 1500+ pages of this forum it seems most people agree with you on the FF issue. To me they are fun to drive but I am discouraged because EVERY GR4 race is an preferred FF race. There are 20 +/- GR4 cars and I like to drive them all so most of the time I race them just because they are working for me on that particular track. More often than not I am seconds off the race pace with them but the race is still fun. Others do win races using other drivelines but leaderboards in time trials almost consistently show a majority of FF cars.

Enjoy your racing!

A whinge post:
The Gr4 FF cars should be a separate class IMHO. But there are no FF in Gr 3, they are all RWD.
The problem with the FF is that PD tried to fix their tire wear by giving them extra speed. This works to some extent when the races are longer and the tire wear is higher (as last time we raced Gr4 on St Croix, where the FF's had fastest quali but didn't win the races) but then use gr 4 for a no tire wear race like B. In my opinion A and B should be balanced classes or one make races.

And welcome to GT Planet,we have cookies!

The Gr4 FF cars should be a separate class IMHO. But there are no FF in Gr 3, they are all RWD.
The problem with the FF is that PD tried to fix their tire wear by giving them extra speed. This works to some extent when the races are longer and the tire wear is higher (as last time we raced Gr4 on St Croix, where the FF's had fastest quali but didn't win the races) but then use gr 4 for a no tire wear race like B. In my opinion A and B should be balanced classes or one make races.

And welcome to GT Planet,we have cookies!
Thanks man, but I ain’t new, joined when I was in high school, some 16 years ago haha!
I spose that’s the other thing, I moreso prefer the races without tyre wear, but thats just me.

If you look back through the 1500+ pages of this forum it seems most people agree with you on the FF issue. To me they are fun to drive but I am discouraged because EVERY GR4 race is an preferred FF race. There are 20 +/- GR4 cars and I like to drive them all so most of the time I race them just because they are working for me on that particular track. More often than not I am seconds off the race pace with them but the race is still fun. Others do win races using other drivelines but leaderboards in time trials almost consistently show a majority of FF cars.

Enjoy your racing!
Thanks for the reply.
Honestly I have not driven a lot of the FF cars because I don’t like them, but I tried the RC-Z today for Bathurst, and it confirmed my suspicions :). They’re rubbish!
*obviously just my viewpoint :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for some guidance, during the start of races I cannot seem to get off the line as quick as everyone else. If the race is 5-7 other racers I can almost be assured the last or near last off the line (even when we are match cars). TCS usually at 1 or 2 and my controller sensitivity is set really high for throttle so what other settings can I adjust to boost my starts?

Thanks and enjoy your racing.

Looking for some guidance, during the start of races I cannot seem to get off the line as quick as everyone else. If the race is 5-7 other racers I can almost be assured the last or near last off the line (even when we are match cars). TCS usually at 1 or 2 and my controller sensitivity is set really high for throttle so what other settings can I adjust to boost my starts?

You need to rev your engine to just below the redline and then as the lights go out and you release the brake you go full throttle.

Last edited:

On standing start races I like to use the warm up time right before the race to test out a nice launch technique. If you can't get something right you may want to keep it on TCS 1 for the start and then roll it off, if you don't want it on for the race.

I found a video of sound recording of Cizeta V16T for Gran Turismo, recorded in 2003 according to the video description.
You can see that they recorded many kinds of sound even before GT4 comes out, and the startup sound was later used for GT5 and GT6.

If they still have that audio and edit that, combining the startup sound and revving one (2:46-), maybe they can make GT SPORT style startup sound with no problem, just like this example edited by me.

P.S.
Any thoughts about that funny guy you saw?

Last edited:
I found a video of sound recording of Cizeta V16T for Gran Turismo, recorded in 2003 according to the video description.
You can see that they recorded many kinds of sound even before GT4 comes out, and the startup sound was later used for GT5 and GT6.

If they still have that audio and edit that, combining the startup sound and revving one (2:46-), maybe they can make GT SPORT style startup sound with no problem, just like this example edited by me.

P.S.
Any thoughts about that funny guy you saw?

Once again in 2009.

I’m a big supporter of the FWD=wrong wheel drive notion (when it comes to racing/driving pleasure).
You just haven't driven one that is properly set up. My personal car is super neutral in the corners, no understeer. But I also have way too much money into it.

Server maintenance and game update are not the same thing. Unless the announcement specifically mentions a game update - which it doesn't - there isn't one.
I just posted Server maintenance in the gtp Jag VGT thread. I understand the difference. Just having a play. Hence the laughing and sly emos.

Last 2 days I have been unable to connect to daily races. Error code NE-210BF0BF
Everything else working fine. Internet connected, qualifying laps ok then opens matching screen with drivers names then disconnects.
I have deleted temp files and restarted ps4.
Any advice?

OK silly question. What I am supposed to do with mileage points? If I use a car in game I fully upgrade and usually don't use any of it, I go in to the exchange and buy everything they have even though most of it I will never use and I'm still always at max on Monday. Do they want us to buy thousands of safety cars or am I missing something here?

OK silly question. What I am supposed to do with mileage points? If I use a car in game I fully upgrade and usually don't use any of it, I go in to the exchange and buy everything they have even though most of it I will never use and I'm still always at max on Monday. Do they want us to buy thousands of safety cars or am I missing something here?
All you can use it for is paint, rims, safety cars and upgrading cars. So it's pretty hard to use it.

Back