Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
OK silly question. What I am supposed to do with mileage points? If I use a car in game I fully upgrade and usually don't use any of it, I go in to the exchange and buy everything they have even though most of it I will never use and I'm still always at max on Monday. Do they want us to buy thousands of safety cars or am I missing something here?
Pretty much except to buy a bunch of cars. Just wait till those 2k paints show up.

@OJBrit welcome to :gtpflag:

Finally got 91wins trophy! Never thought I would do that half a year ago.

Now it's time to grind for 50lvl ( I am 43 atm). Is it even worth it? BMB is just dead boring. I am wondering, how all of these livery creators have 50lvl? Were there some kind of glitch back in 2017?

Finally got 91wins trophy! Never thought I would do that half a year ago.

Now it's time to grind for 50lvl ( I am 43 atm). Is it even worth it? BMB is just dead boring. I am wondering, how all of these livery creators have 50lvl? Were there some kind of glitch back in 2017?

It is NOT worth it. There used to be a glitch with the Miata on the Nurb 24hr circuit to accumulate a lot of credits and obviously XP, and I basically maxed out until level 49, and although I don't play a lot, since it has been patched (I think in 2018?) I'm only a quarter of the way through level 49.

OK confessions time, I've been really bad I get hit and blame the other guy. To make it worse I often retaliate. Well I've started watching the replays when these things happen and honestly more often than not it's just a racing incident. OK sometimes someone has made a silly mistake like braking too late or too early then swerving, but very few are actually people trying to be bad. So from now on I'm going to try and stay calmer, check my replays and hopefully have less incidents...well at least cause less cos yes a few are my fault. Still on the side of more their fault than mine, but it's humbling to see some of the really daft things I've done then blamed someone else.
So sorry to anyone I have negatively effected in game, I'll try and be better.

You just haven't driven one that is properly set up. My personal car is super neutral in the corners, no understeer. But I also have way too much money into it.
Yeah fair enough, in that respect I haven’t driven a wide variety of performance cars.
Just that given a choice, I’d take RWD every time. Plus I love drifting

Got Platinum earlier :D

PS_App_20201217_063424.jpeg

OK I could be wrong, but the same people doing it a number of times makes me suspicious. They come from behind and ghost into you so they can drive their own line because your not there, now they could be getting lucky, but I think they are flicking pause quickly at the right time. I haven't even tried to see if I'm right but I can't think that the same player can pass me 3 times in the same race without this being on purpose.

OK I could be wrong, but the same people doing it a number of times makes me suspicious. They come from behind and ghost into you so they can drive their own line because your not there, now they could be getting lucky, but I think they are flicking pause quickly at the right time. I haven't even tried to see if I'm right but I can't think that the same player can pass me 3 times in the same race without this being on purpose.

So are you thinking you can control when to ghost and not to ghost? In my opinion that would be a dirty move to race a race with that turned on. Part of racing (again in my opinion) is working through traffic and having to deal with other racers. If this is an option then why wouldn't racers do that all the time and collect their wins?

I should have started this by saying I am not fond of the idea of ghosting at all. If someone goes off the track and comes back on wrong then that is just like real racing (but then I have to remember that this is a game).

So are you thinking you can control when to ghost and not to ghost? In my opinion that would be a dirty move to race a race with that turned on. Part of racing (again in my opinion) is working through traffic and having to deal with other racers. If this is an option then why wouldn't racers do that all the time and collect their wins?

I should have started this by saying I am not fond of the idea of ghosting at all. If someone goes off the track and comes back on wrong then that is just like real racing (but then I have to remember that this is a game).

I think you have to have ghosting or you'll get people ramming constantly spoiling low tier lobbies even more than now. But yes at higher level it shouldn't exist, it might spoil the odd game but players would have to learn how to behave.

There are two scenarios where that happens. The absolutely most likely is that you are getting lapped. When being lapped you are ghosted but you can't see it, for you it looks as if they ghost to go through.
The other scenario is that the person is a DR E and uses the ghosting to his advantage

Last edited:
There are two scenarios where that happens. The absolutely most likely is that you are getting lapped. When being lapped you are ghosted but you can't see it, for you it looks as if they ghost to go through.
The other scenario is that the person is a DR E and uses the ghosting to his advantage
Only ever been lapped in FIA and this happened in dailies, don't think they were DR E although I do see some of them so not impossible. Will keep an eye out if it happens again.

Only ever been lapped in FIA and this happened in dailies, don't think they were DR E although I do see some of them so not impossible. Will keep an eye out if it happens again.
He could also have spend a while in pits and if he is a lap behind he will be ghosted too

Hi folks.

For the very first time, today this happened to me, when I was trying to add to my collection one decal.

Unable to add item. You have reached the limit of the number of items that can be added to your [Collection].
To add this item, you will need to delete existing items from [My Library] > [Collection].

Since My Library Collection has ~500 out of 1000 decals (mean while I deleted a few just in case), have any of you had this message?

Thanks for any help.

Looking forward to the Christmas menu music. I imagine that’ll start early in the week. Don’t know if there’s a set date it starts each year.

Last edited:
They still do the Christmas music? Eh.. guess I'll be playing without music for a few days in hopes of avoiding mariah carey :lol:

They still do the Christmas music? Eh.. guess I'll be playing without music for a few days in hopes of avoiding mariah carey :lol:
I always play without music, if I want music I'll add my own thanks. So a heads up to see what the play would be nice.

It’s instrumental menu music. They’ve been doing it as far back as GT5. In fact, if you boot up GT5 around this time of year, it’ll still play. I just don’t know if there’s a set date that it normally unlocks.

Last edited:
OK confessions time, I've been really bad I get hit and blame the other guy. To make it worse I often retaliate. Well I've started watching the replays when these things happen and honestly more often than not it's just a racing incident. OK sometimes someone has made a silly mistake like braking too late or too early then swerving, but very few are actually people trying to be bad. So from now on I'm going to try and stay calmer, check my replays and hopefully have less incidents...well at least cause less cos yes a few are my fault. Still on the side of more their fault than mine, but it's humbling to see some of the really daft things I've done then blamed someone else.
So sorry to anyone I have negatively effected in game, I'll try and be better.

Man I can relate to this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It’s instrumental menu music. They’ve been doing it as far back as GT5. In fact, if you boot up GT5 around this time of year, it’ll still play. I just don’t know if there’s a set date that it normally unlocks.

I was making a joke. There is a thread here on GTPlanet about avoiding Mariah Carey this holiday season.

Got a PS5 about 10 days ago, which is a big jump-up from standard PS4 to PS5 for me.

I'm so happy that it can save video clips in 1080p/60fps while PS4 saves 720p/30fps clips and PS4 Pro saves 1080p/30fps ones, so I can finally record and upload 60fps clips without using capture devices.
Higher frame rate enables videos to look much more natural in my opinion, so I can upload GT SPORT clips in almost true appearance.

Back