Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Yas!

if only i was any good at this one

I think the safest strategy to use is three ten lap stints on medium tyres (stopping for fuel and tyres on end of lap 10 and 20). Although when I did it, I used a two stop strategy, I started on hards for 12 laps, then mediums for 10 laps, then softs for 8. I am a controller user and the softs were starting to wear considerably at the end but by that point I was over a lap in front so it didn't matter. I would guess that the leading AI time isn't quicker than 62 minutes 30 seconds.

I used the Porsche as it handles quite well, and if the rear is sliding on any car I will use traction control when there is tyre wear. That said, I've never found traction control to help when it is set above 2 for any car. You can short shift to save fuel and stick to fuel map 1

Thanks, I did it!! Fuel saved with hards to start did 14 laps, went on meds fuel saved enough I could have not fueled. Did 11 laps had a good lead so pitted for softs and put a splash in to be sure. It was actually fairly easy no idea why I came so low first time.

I’ll have to look into this. My reason for questioning you earlier is that on the PS3, for whatever reason (could be system clock related), the holiday music continues for at least a few more days after Christmas. And I could’ve sworn that in GTS, the music didn’t change over right away. I think this happened last year or the one before that.

I can check back 2019 video but I was making a livery at the end of Xmas day last year and I remember the music changing back to normal GT Sport music roster immediately after midnight, it may have run for longer in 2018 but that seems to be the way the current game files are set to only play Xmas up to the end of the 25th.

Question: does the Mercedes F1 have that weird low speed self-regulating acceleration/turbo lag/whatever it is, in real life? I tried it in the rain and throttle control is so awkward. You can be full throttle through the first few gears then the full power suddenly kicks in, which really sucks in the middle of a turn. I can see why it's not used much tbh

There was actually ginormous discussions of the W08 when it was released in the update by people here who I would call "the best and the brightest"... people who can drive like I cant and have been doing so in Gran Turismo since day one.

Basicaly PD kept changing the car, sure they fixed bugs but they settled down on a drive model that isnt too difficult if you can get a grip on how it works. I dont think this place has ever revisited it because PD forgot the car existed a few patches later.

I think you really need a tune in it. I hated the damn thing first up but its a testament to how watered down the model is given that its not that hard to get all gold trophies on the leagues and the AI seems to be "reasonable".

I think the W08 is one of those open wheelers that benefits from 2nd gear hairpins.

I have a question I have been wondering but don't want to offend anyone so here goes . . .

When submitting replays for other's review online why is the race data not turned on? Not everyone will forget to do this but more often than not this feature is not turned on and I personally use it so I can learn from other's racing styles. It can tell me shifting patterns, brake usage, acceleration points, and the list goes on.

I was just curious - almost every replay is knowledge learned. I spend as much time racing as I do watching replays so to me any little bit helps.

Thanks for any responses and enjoy your racing!

I have a question I have been wondering but don't want to offend anyone so here goes . . .

When submitting replays for other's review online why is the race data not turned on? Not everyone will forget to do this but more often than not this feature is not turned on and I personally use it so I can learn from other's racing styles. It can tell me shifting patterns, brake usage, acceleration points, and the list goes on.

I was just curious - almost every replay is knowledge learned. I spend as much time racing as I do watching replays so to me any little bit helps.

Thanks for any responses and enjoy your racing!
When you share the replay in game the race data is always there, it's just default to show cinematic. Click the replay options and turn it on. I usually watch replays in chase mode of I try to lear or analyze but often I leave it in cinematic mode just to enjoy a race.

Last edited:
When you share the replay in game the race days is always there, it's just default to show cinematic. Click the replay options and turn it on. I usually watch replays in chase mode of I try to lear or analyze but often I leave it in cinematic mode just to enjoy a race.

Thank you, watching more and more on PSN because some of the Youtube videos posted here are great but the data is not turned on. I guess I was trying to see if there was a reason why some racers don't turn this feature on (like hiding race secrets or . . . ). How is the weather up North? Another day of sunshine scattered with a few rain clouds every few weeks here.

Question: does the Mercedes F1 have that weird low speed self-regulating acceleration/turbo lag/whatever it is, in real life? I tried it in the rain and throttle control is so awkward. You can be full throttle through the first few gears then the full power suddenly kicks in, which really sucks in the middle of a turn. I can see why it's not used much tbh

That would be the KERS system and in real life it does have it. In the dry it feels fine to me (More so on a wheel then pad), but its quite painfully awkward in the wet (Something I feel wasn't accounted for in the last patch of the car, which was well before they added Rain to the game)

There was actually ginormous discussions of the W08 when it was released in the update by people here who I would call "the best and the brightest"... people who can drive like I cant and have been doing so in Gran Turismo since day one.

Basicaly PD kept changing the car, sure they fixed bugs but they settled down on a drive model that isnt too difficult if you can get a grip on how it works. I dont think this place has ever revisited it because PD forgot the car existed a few patches later.

I think you really need a tune in it. I hated the damn thing first up but its a testament to how watered down the model is given that its not that hard to get all gold trophies on the leagues and the AI seems to be "reasonable".

I think the W08 is one of those open wheelers that benefits from 2nd gear hairpins.

When it first came out, it had a awful glitch where downshifting was very awkward (With Manual it didn't properly engage and acted more like a handbrake and was way worse if you used Automatic like I did at the time as The downshifting wouldn't happen until literally in the middle of the corner (unsettling the car in the process), making using it with a pad Almost Project CARS levels of undrivable. Its definately way easier now. Think the main thing that catches people out is how instant the power delivery is, its very similar to the Toyota TS050 when the game first released in that it was basically guaranteed to violently kick out the back as soon as the system kicked in.

Thank you, watching more and more on PSN because some of the Youtube videos posted here are great but the data is not turned on. I guess I was trying to see if there was a reason why some racers don't turn this feature on (like hiding race secrets or . . . ).

When I post YT videos here, I usually show a race with no info because the track action is what I'm trying to showcase. When I show a qualifying video, I record the clip with the info on. I used this video to ask the community for tips on my driving in a daily race.

Two of the most recent cars - the GR Yaris and Taycan - were added shortly before they became available to the public to buy.
Yep, I've mentioned that(about the '20 Supra) in a past post. I'm thinking Spring is in a couple months and we've got about five months before GT7 debuts, theoretically.
Other than the PS5 availability thing(and the recent gtpnews about the PS4 production), that's cutting it close to release a car, before it debuts in a new GT game. I welcome any content by the way. Just a thought, since PD don't look at what other games are doing.

Thank you, watching more and more on PSN because some of the Youtube videos posted here are great but the data is not turned on. I guess I was trying to see if there was a reason why some racers don't turn this feature on (like hiding race secrets or . . . ). How is the weather up North? Another day of sunshine scattered with a few rain clouds every few weeks here.

I've got back into GT in 2020 because of Lockdown initially.
I joined a league (WSR Cup).
My pace hasn't been great.
I'm slowly chipping away at that since getting a wheel.
Gone from 3-4 seconds off to 1.8 seconds off in Laguna Seca.

This weekend I had my first podium, from 14th on the grid.

Here's the race if you want.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/ie/gts...allery/all/replay/3684759/6269041482674505240

WSR Cup Podium.jpg

A question from a newb. I feel rather bad to even be asking.
I have been in the lobby and doing some group 3 races. The types of starts are confusing to me.

I do keep my foot on the brake for all starts.

1. There is a rolling start where I am in autodrive and that has a countdown and it all makes sense. I like this one.

2. There is a grid start that goes "3/2/1 start" and even I can figure that out...lol

3. There is start that shows 5 circles and each goes dark in succession but after that I have no idea what triggers the start or even where to look. I just go when the car ahead of me goes.

4. There is another start (or maybe one of the ones above) where there is a red text warning about false starts and penalties but I don't seem to see any countdown to a start. I just go when others do but this sucks for anyone behind me and I don't want to be "that guy" who messes up the start.

I am I losing it? Is there really 4 types of starts? If so, what are the triggers for starts 3 and 4 noted above.

Thanks in advance for anyone answering.

3. There is start that shows 5 circles and each goes dark in succession but after that I have no idea what triggers the start or even where to look. I just go when the car ahead of me goes.

4. There is another start (or maybe one of the ones above) where there is a red text warning about false starts and penalties but I don't seem to see any countdown to a start. I just go when others do but this sucks for anyone behind me and I don't want to be "that guy" who messes up the start.

I am I losing it? Is there really 4 types of starts? If so, what are the triggers for starts 3 and 4 noted above.
There is a random time interval between the last audio/visual clue and the "Start" notification. For the false-start check this is incredibly important, because if you go during that interval you are immediately robbed of power for a couple of seconds.

Two kind of grid starts: grid start without false start penalty, the counter on the screen goes 3, 2, 1 and off you go, the game holds you before the counter.
Grid start with false start penalty: you stand on the grid, hold your brake or handbrake, rev your engine and when the red lights goes out one by one after the last there is a short time (CA 3 seconds) then the signal sounds and you go.
And finally rolling start, that's almost self explanatory.

Edit: beat to the punch by @Famine

Last edited:
Thank you both Famine and Racing Grandpa.. so with the penalty ones I just brake/rev wait for an audio sound as the "start" notification. I wont see "start" come up...Just a tone.... Thx..

Watch this clip from a few months ago. If you can see underneath my captions, you'll see the lights all light up & when they go out, that's your cue to step on it. That's how they start a Formula 1 race (also VASC) & F1 is governed by the FIA, who also partner with Gran Turismo.

So I'm trying to learn a circuit, done guide, but it would be nice to be able to use the car I want and load a ghost of someone else. Tried time trials and there are no times up, is this just my friends times? Just want to practice with a little help and can't see a way to do it. Any hep much appreciated.

Today was going to be a day to practice the Lambo for the GT Academy/League races but quickly got bored so . . . I ran a few races (8 or 9) in cockpit mode vice bonnet like I always do. I had some very expected results.

I noticed my control of the cars was more precise - not even sure how that is possible. I found it possible to ride the curbstones where I wanted too and executed smoother turns where needed.

Lap times were with 2 seconds of where I normally run.

Now the problems I encountered . . . situational awareness is extremely hard to achieve. Rear view mirror view through the car is near useless, side view mirrors are useless, and the radar is only helpful if the cars are near you (as usual). I felt like I had no situational awareness and kept side bumping a lot of the AI cars around me.

Finding my braking points was a little hard (at first) but after a few laps I could easily pick them out and resolved missing my braking points.

I am asking for assistance on developing some situational awareness while in cockpit mode. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your racing!

Back