GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if rain will be on any other track than red bull ring?

I hope its on the Nurburgring...

For example, the Ferrari Challenge/Lamborghini Super Trofeo/Renault Clio Cup/TCR are all cars I could see being in Gr.4, just as we've already seen GTE and GT2 alongside GT3 in Gr.3.
I completely disagree. It just doesn't feel right when we have a 911 RSR racing against GT3 cars to me. I'd much rather see more actual racing classes like Gr.E and Gr.2-2008.

Also, TCR/Clio Cup cars and Ferrari Challenge/Lamborghini Super Trofeo are different cars from each other and aren't designed to race each other. They're not supposed to be balanced. They're supposed to be their own separate, enjoyable entities. There's the GT3 variations to go alongside those cars and it looks better. Having a GT4 field consisting of front wheel drive cars just doesn't look right to me as there's no reason for them to race in GT4 IRL.

What GTS misses in my mind is making each car feel unique. This is done pretty well between the fake 1980s F1 car and the Super Formula but when I drove the Group C Porsche, it didn't feel like the monstrous beast I expected it to be.

Also, I think the two Super Formula cars should be their own class, and it could be called "Gr.SF,"
Definitely agree on this.

But honestly, this game has a lot more modern race cars (even if some are fantasy) than Assetto Corsa Competizione, roughly the same as Project Cars 2 (which also has fantasy race cars), and more than iRacing (which you have to pay real money for many). I don't know why everybody keeps complaining that GT Sport has no modern race cars. It could have more, but it's not like other sim racers have dozens more.

In the case of ACC, that seems incredibly disingenuous considering that it's based and licensed around Blancpain series racing, which invariably means it can only put the vehicles within the current Blancpain GT Series season, and disingenuous with PCARS 2 considering that the (mostly) modern GT3 and 4 vehicles, and LMP1/2 as a matter of fact, are offset by a wide variety of other eras to race with, and said vehicles also feel like they have their place.

iRacing also has you paying as you go for vehicles, which for most stuff I have seen for iRacing, is NASCAR/short oval stuff, or sports cars, which makes sense. You pay for what you want or need, and that's it, which works well as a system.

The problem with GT Sport's lack of modern race cars is that for a game ostensibly about LMP1/GT3/GT4 racing at it's core, the fact that the vast majority of post launch content over the past few months has been road cars meant to help pad out the single player portion of the game that was left out of the game at launch has meant that so few vehicles have been put into the game that are actually race cars will actually be used, either in the game through the weekly events that Polyphony set up, or within the single player. Because aside from one week or two, how much use has the Super Formula 19 gotten in weekly races? Doubly so for the vintage race cars, for them being sequestered into the land of misfit toys in Group X has basically made them as only trophy cars for those insane enough to go through and grind the game for cash, dealing with spreadsheets and moronic AI in order to get a clean race bonus occasionally.

This isn't like this is some faction of the community who wants modern race cars, or else. They want more modern race cars because that is what GT Sport really is about. The fact that so much of these modern race cars that have been in the game since launch have been dollar store versions of vehicles that have actually had GT3/4 equivalents in real life, it really does beg the question. To frame it in a way that basically says 'well go play another game then, since they have real race cars!' seems like trying to spin the question back around from the valid criticisms that I have posted throughout this thread.

Some won't be happy
i1xVWFuk7yjKb7c.jpg

In the case of ACC, that seems incredibly disingenuous considering that it's based and licensed around Blancpain series racing, which invariably means it can only put the vehicles within the current Blancpain GT Series season, and disingenuous with PCARS 2 considering that the (mostly) modern GT3 and 4 vehicles, and LMP1/2 as a matter of fact, are offset by a wide variety of other eras to race with, and said vehicles also feel like they have their place.

iRacing also has you paying as you go for vehicles, which for most stuff I have seen for iRacing, is NASCAR/short oval stuff, or sports cars, which makes sense. You pay for what you want or need, and that's it, which works well as a system.

The problem with GT Sport's lack of modern race cars is that for a game ostensibly about LMP1/GT3/GT4 racing at it's core, the fact that the vast majority of post launch content over the past few months has been road cars meant to help pad out the single player portion of the game that was left out of the game at launch has meant that so few vehicles have been put into the game that are actually race cars will actually be used, either in the game through the weekly events that Polyphony set up, or within the single player. Because aside from one week or two, how much use has the Super Formula 19 gotten in weekly races? Doubly so for the vintage race cars, for them being sequestered into the land of misfit toys in Group X has basically made them as only trophy cars for those insane enough to go through and grind the game for cash, dealing with spreadsheets and moronic AI in order to get a clean race bonus occasionally.

This isn't like this is some faction of the community who wants modern race cars, or else. They want more modern race cars because that is what GT Sport really is about. The fact that so much of these modern race cars that have been in the game since launch have been dollar store versions of vehicles that have actually had GT3/4 equivalents in real life, it really does beg the question. To frame it in a way that basically says 'well go play another game then, since they have real race cars!' seems like trying to spin the question back around from the valid criticisms that I have posted throughout this thread.
Good read. Great to see your point of view. 👍

Someone know why Koenigsegg is not yet in GT, i think with SPA the brand from sweden could be increased the hype for the game.
Like Porsche is a brand what everybody talks around the world.

Yeah, figured I post that because many won't bother to notice GTP posted it in the news. :lol::sly:
Oh, well. :lol:

Brace yourselves. Posts of criticisms about the Levin having the same digital gauge are coming. :D

Yet more non-modern Japanese cars, no Spa & only wet weather on 1 track...

Back to Forza 7 i guess. Been playing that way more then GTS the last few months. This needed to be a good update to bring me back.

Yet more non-modern Japanese cars, no Spa & only wet weather on 1 track...

Back to Forza 7 i guess. Been playing that way more then GTS the last few months. This needed to be a good update to bring me back.

Forza 7 = bumper cars ..cant do it

But how does all of that get balanced? It seems almost overwhelming. For example, the Ferrari Challenge/Lamborghini Super Trofeo/Renault Clio Cup/TCR are all cars I could see being in Gr.4, just as we've already seen GTE and GT2 alongside GT3 in Gr.3. I think it'd help if there were potentially more groups (at least two for the vintage race cars), and maybe even if BoP was done on a field-by-field basis, and insofar that each car has an identical power/weight (though not necessarily the exact same). And on top of power/weight, BoP could also affect factors such as downforce, which would especially be useful for if you have a field that mixes modern LMPs with Group C cars.

(Also, I think the two Super Formula cars should be their own class, and it could be called "Gr.SF," and there could be a class for the track day toys like the Zonda R and P1 GTR, plus the Vulcan. Also, the FT-1 Concept could be in N500. Not sure why it wasn't in there when it looks like it was going to, from a promo picture I saw.)
Well, I cleared out my garage again. This time, I only have cars pre-2000. In order, my latest car is the '98 22B and the earliest in the '53 DB3S. What's interesting is, in Gr.1, I have all the Group C prototypes. Gr.3, I have the McLaren F1, Gr.B, the Audi. What could be in Gr.4, is the Group A Calsonic Skyline R32. Then, I'd be able to just about do all the FIA events with all pre-2000 cars.

i1XbAh4wyWmkW.jpg

Not too much effort in this.

You mind explaining how exactly?

Does anyone know if rain will be on any other track than red bull ring?

I hope its on the Nurburgring...

The official site very clearly states its only for the Red Bull Ring (which given its been the only track we've seen these conditions in any form, makes sense).

Shall be the second update I will be downloading since switching to my Lan cable connection. Copying will as usual be what takes up the most time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back