GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know which car they want to find in GTS.
They want all modern race cars.

I can agree, there are some obvious ones that should be added like the new Ford GT GTE.

But honestly, this game has a lot more modern race cars (even if some are fantasy) than Assetto Corsa Competizione, roughly the same as Project Cars 2 (which also has fantasy race cars), and more than iRacing (which you have to pay real money for many). I don't know why everybody keeps complaining that GT Sport has no modern race cars. It could have more, but it's not like other sim racers have dozens more.

There are clear hints of precipitation in this screenshot:
i1FOH72ckdhPXSH.jpg

Besides, the new settings are called rain in-game. Unlike wet, rain implies downpour.

In the trailer you can even see puddles responding to the impact of rain drops.

On a slightly different topic. Have any of you ever noticed that the cars never show signs of getting "dirty" even on longer races? What I mean is that we never see dirt or rubber accumulate on the body of the car. Sure, damage shows (if you have that selected) but otherwise the cars are always pristine. It's kind of annoying. Now, with rain being added, I wonder what will happen as one does laps. Will the cars build up some filth?

Rather than controversy with the eternal unhappiness of many users for a videogame, I'm curious to know which car they want to find in GTS.

Personally, the only two must haves for me are the Jaguar XJ220 and the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. I think the car choices for the most part, if not slightly biased, are unique and fit the history of the franchise.

Edit: alright, I lied. I thought of a third, the Lexus LFA.

Last edited:

I can agree, there are some obvious ones that should be added like the new Ford GT GTE.

But honestly, this game has a lot more modern race cars (even if some are fantasy) than Assetto Corsa Competizione, roughly the same as Project Cars 2 (which also has fantasy race cars), and more than iRacing (which you have to pay real money for many). I don't know why everybody keeps complaining that GT Sport has no modern race cars. It could have more, but it's not like other sim racers have dozens more.
I believe that impression comes from the fact that the only modern race car added through updates was the Lexus RC F GT3 and maybe the 3 Super GT cars from 2016 (I dunno if people consider them modern enough).

Like you said, the game has a nice core of modern race cars, but very few additions since its launch and a couple glaring omissions (like 488 GTE) give the impression PD lost focus (GT3 and GT4 cars). This isn't a 100% fair critic although it's not 100% unfair either.

P.S: I must say the Super Formula cars were also a brilliant addition to the game, they're fantastic beasts.

Last edited:
Frankly, i'm glad they are holding off on Spa. The way this commiunity has acted, and the way they have treated PD as a company about it, we don't deserve it at all. Maybe if they hold it in front of everyone for a bit it may teach a lesson or two on how to act as a community. Not to mention it will also allow for them to fine tune the track to release when its ready.

Thats just wishful thinking, im sure the whole community will throw a childish uproar as per usual.

I like to call this the true Initial D fan service update, because we get Iketani's S13 Silvia, Bunta's GC8 Impreza Type R, God Arm's AP1 S2000 and Wataru's Levin AE86, or Itsuki's Levin if you will, so it's all good to me :D:tup:

Bunta's 22B came in an earlier update though.

Frankly, i'm glad they are holding off on Spa. The way this commiunity has acted, and the way they have treated PD as a company about it, we don't deserve it at all. Maybe if they hold it in front of everyone for a bit it may teach a lesson or two on how to act as a community. Not to mention it will also allow for them to fine tune the track to release when its ready.

Thats just wishful thinking, im sure the whole community will throw a childish uproar as per usual.
You're right. They never said anything or confirmed it's appearance in this update. Everybody else except Polyphony said the track was coming this update.

GT doesn’t have nearly as many racecars as PC. PC has GTE, GT3, GT4, LMP3, LMP2, LMP1, Indycar, Aussie V8s, NASCAR, Formula 4, Formula 3, Formula 2, Formula Renault, Formula X, Touring Cars, Renault Clio Cup, Lambo Super Trofeo, Ferrari Challange...Group C, Group B, Group A, LMP900, GT1, GTO, CanAm, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6...and then all the vintage racers from prototype A & B, and Vintage Touring A, B, C, and D. And RallyX cars. And then track day cars. And then road cars.

GT has GT3, GT4, Super GT, LMP1/Group C, Group B, a random smattering of vintage cars, and that’s about it.

I don’t think people want “more” modern racecars for the sake of having more, I think people want real modern racecars...not race versions of VGTs, or GT3 Lancers, etc. People want to see an actual C7R replica, a Ford GTLM, the full compliment of GT3/GT4 cars, DTM cars to compliment the Super GT lineup. How about some TCR cars for pete’s sake???

The problem with PD adding any vintage races is they just chuck them into Group X with zero BoP and a 10mil and up credit price, so no one uses those things for anything anyway, other than to say “look how many times I did BMB”.

The new road cars added this update and the last update are awesome cars, very welcome....buuut, should have been in the game from the start, before the online community became a ghost town. Like...you know how many fun Honda Civic races could have been had in the year+ that the game was out without an EK Civic? Happy to finally have the car, sad for all the missed opportunities.

I’m really excited an S13 is coming!!! I had a 93 240sx coupe I swapped a ca18det in and a Silvia front end in the early 2000’s (Hence the user name ) I’m pretty sure it’ll have the CA in it since it’s a 90!!!!!! That leaves the door open for a second with an SR, hopefully a hatch. I love the STI too but wish it was a sedan so I could remake my current rally car on a proper chassis like in my profile pic. Overall a great update!!!!!!!!

SVX
Bunta's 22B came in an earlier update though.

I don't think he had a 22B actually, I think he had a WRX STi Version V (one off the VI we got) in the manga, anime and the Arcade Stage games.

I don't care how tired I am after work tomorrow night. That S2K is getting thrown around Tsukuba. The Levin is going to perform identically to the Trueno and I don't care about its front end. Pop-ups forever, baby. The 3000GT is going to be a fat turd but I am curious how it will do. S13 meh I'm not a huge fan. Prefer the 180SX as far as looks go. WRX also meh.

Didn't something like this happen when rain was teased at the World Tour event before the one in New York this year?
What I think they do, is show them that certain requested features are on the way, rather than keep the community in the dark completely. Spa might come next month or October, but it’s coming either way, and we should be grateful

GT doesn’t have nearly as many racecars as PC. PC has GTE, GT3, GT4, LMP3, LMP2, LMP1, Indycar, Aussie V8s, NASCAR, Formula 4, Formula 3, Formula 2, Formula Renault, Formula X, Touring Cars, Renault Clio Cup, Lambo Super Trofeo, Ferrari Challange...Group C, Group B, Group A, LMP900, GT1, GTO, CanAm, Group 4, Group 5, Group 6...and then all the vintage racers from prototype A & B, and Vintage Touring A, B, C, and D. And RallyX cars. And then track day cars. And then road cars.

GT has GT3, GT4, Super GT, LMP1/Group C, Group B, a random smattering of vintage cars, and that’s about it.

I don’t think people want “more” modern racecars for the sake of having more, I think people want real modern racecars...not race versions of VGTs, or GT3 Lancers, etc. People want to see an actual C7R replica, a Ford GTLM, the full compliment of GT3/GT4 cars, DTM cars to compliment the Super GT lineup. How about some TCR cars for pete’s sake???

But how does all of that get balanced? It seems almost overwhelming. For example, the Ferrari Challenge/Lamborghini Super Trofeo/Renault Clio Cup/TCR are all cars I could see being in Gr.4, just as we've already seen GTE and GT2 alongside GT3 in Gr.3. I think it'd help if there were potentially more groups (at least two for the vintage race cars), and maybe even if BoP was done on a field-by-field basis, and insofar that each car has an identical power/weight (though not necessarily the exact same). And on top of power/weight, BoP could also affect factors such as downforce, which would especially be useful for if you have a field that mixes modern LMPs with Group C cars.

(Also, I think the two Super Formula cars should be their own class, and it could be called "Gr.SF," and there could be a class for the track day toys like the Zonda R and P1 GTR, plus the Vulcan. Also, the FT-1 Concept could be in N500. Not sure why it wasn't in there when it looks like it was going to, from a promo picture I saw.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back