(GTOR) | [GTTCC-4] | RSUK Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S4 - Private EventFull 

Should Tuning be allowed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question: How are we determining Divisions this season? It's a clean slate given we're in a one-make...
Why don't we do a club time trial?
Think I missed that part of the thread on setting times, someone enlighten me?
All those from division 1 last season stay as they are unless they want to drop down. All those in division 2 or new entrants can complete a TT to get a D1 spot

You know, there is another possible solution to the whole 'Divisions' thing.

Essentially think AMA Supercross. Two groups, each with separate track lists where drivers select which group they would like to participate in. Maybe East and West or something like that. Then, at the end of the season, the Top 8 from each group meet for a one-off Grand Championship round held on a neutral track (since people keep pleasuring themselves over the word 'Nordschleife' possibly there).

So then you'd have a G1 Champ, a G2 Champ and then a final Grand Champion crowned using the best of the best from each group.

Just a suggestion... 👍

You know, there is another possible solution to the whole 'Divisions' thing.

Essentially think AMA Supercross. Two groups, each with separate track lists where drivers select which group they would like to participate in. Maybe East and West or something like that. Then, at the end of the season, the Top 8 from each group meet for a one-off Grand Championship round held on a neutral track (since people keep pleasuring themselves over the word 'Nordschleife' possibly there).

So then you'd have a G1 Champ, a G2 Champ and then a final Grand Champion crowned using the best of the best from each group.

Just a suggestion... 👍
That would include 2 groups of varying talent in my opinion

That would include 2 groups of varying talent in my opinion

Yeah, because Divisions 1 & 2 didn't? :lol:

That and that's kinda the point. You get to select the track list you wish to participate in (with the possible inclusion of one teammate per division to add a little more strategy and maintain a cross-group teams championship) but you have to deal with the other drivers who made the same choice.

Also, more tracks can then be included, namely some of the ones people wanted but didn't make the cut.

Yeah, because Divisions 1 & 2 didn't? :lol:

That and that's kinda the point. You get to select the track list you wish to participate in (with the possible inclusion of one teammate per division to add a little more strategy and maintain a cross-group teams championship) but you have to deal with the other drivers who made the same choice.

Also, more tracks can then be included, namely some of the ones people wanted but didn't make the cut.
If we did that maybe 5 rounds and the top 8 from each go through to the final for 3 rounds?

How about if you would go with True's first plan but include 2 (or 3 or whatever) floating positions where you switch people acording to previous race results?

If we did that maybe 5 rounds and the top 8 from each go through to the final for 3 rounds?

Yeah sure. 👍

Like I say, it's an idea, but can be tweaked. But, I still think that this way there are a number of advantages.

1) There's no real 2nd Division. Even though the participants are divided it still offers something to work towards that everyone can obtain. There is an overall champion, as opposed to 'Well, you did win something but it was the B prize' (insert sarcastic laughter here)

2) If the Teammate split is introduced, then it does add another element of strategy. Teammates will have to agree on which division they are taking to either play to their strengths or minimise any weaknesses depending on driver lineup.

Also, if it is a West/East divide, geographically speaking I'm guessing this would be the split (not 100% on the Italy/Germany thing tbh :dunce:)

WEST
Big Willow
Silverstone GP
Rome

EAST
Tokyo
Nurburgring GP/D
Motegi East

Then add Midfield to one, Trial Mountain to the other and then an extra track for each division.

Either way, I see at least 2 tracks in each division I enjoy and that's a pretty hard choice for me. If the teammate split is used then I could give @ABP his home race but then I lose my favourite track in the game. :lol:

Yeah sure. 👍

Like I say, it's an idea, but can be tweaked. But, I still think that this way there are a number of advantages.

1) There's no real 2nd Division. Even though the participants are divided it still offers something to work towards that everyone can obtain. There is an overall champion, as opposed to 'Well, you did win something but it was the B prize' (insert sarcastic laughter here)

2) If the Teammate split is introduced, then it does add another element of strategy. Teammates will have to agree on which division they are taking to either play to their strengths or minimise any weaknesses depending on driver lineup.

Also, if it is a West/East divide, geographically speaking I'm guessing this would be the split (not 100% on the Italy/Germany thing tbh :dunce:)

WEST
Big Willow
Silverstone GP
Rome

EAST
Tokyo
Nurburgring GP/D
Motegi East

Then add Midfield to one, Trial Mountain to the other and then an extra track for each division.

Either way, I see at least 2 tracks in each division I enjoy and that's a pretty hard choice for me. If the teammate split is used then I could give @ABP his home race but then I lose my favourite track in the game. :lol:
At the moment I'm torn. We're trying to make this season simple to run.

Having these two groups means that everyone can aim for something but I think it will make the racing more boring. e.g if agro is in one group and xflow in another, they'll both score brilliantly but the final 3 races is an 'all or nothing' rather than consistency.

Winning a second division. Yeah it may be looked down on, but if you run someone like joe against yourself then it would mean less competition and more boring, but in their own divisions I think i'd prefer to be able to win the title against people who, like me, aren't that quick.

One thing we need to remember is each season we've gone in and had ideas which we think will make things better but in the end make things more complicated and less interesting. I think keeping things as they are, and i'm looking at running divisions on alternating weeks or one after another. It could also allow people like us who have nothing to do to sit down and race with the D2 guys (non points) which gives them more experience and something to push them

At the moment I'm torn. We're trying to make this season simple to run.

Having these two groups means that everyone can aim for something but I think it will make the racing more boring. e.g if agro is in one group and xflow in another, they'll both score brilliantly but the final 3 races is an 'all or nothing' rather than consistency.

Winning a second division. Yeah it may be looked down on, but if you run someone like joe against yourself then it would mean less competition and more boring, but in their own divisions I think i'd prefer to be able to win the title against people who, like me, aren't that quick.

One thing we need to remember is each season we've gone in and had ideas which we think will make things better but in the end make things more complicated and less interesting. I think keeping things as they are, and i'm looking at running divisions on alternating weeks or one after another. It could also allow people like us who have nothing to do to sit down and race with the D2 guys (non points) which gives them more experience and something to push them

Fair enough, I'm easy either way.

How about this then (since I'm full of great ideas tonight)

Everyone go on PSN, buy Ridge Racer 7 as it's on sale for £4, then we race with unrealistic physics and 200mph drifts. You know what the advantage is? It's a 9 year old game where the ONLINE BLOODY WORKS!

No seriously, I was racing with 3 Japanese, 2 Americans, a German, a Swiss and another Brit. The only time anyone disconnected was when they left of their own accord... Shocking, I know... :lol:

Fair enough, I'm easy either way.

How about this then (since I'm full of great ideas tonight)

Everyone go on PSN, buy Ridge Racer 7 as it's on sale for £4, then we race with unrealistic physics and 200mph drifts. You know what the advantage is? It's a 9 year old game where the ONLINE BLOODY WORKS!

No seriously, I was racing with 3 Japanese, 2 Americans, a German, a Swiss and another Brit. The only time anyone disconnected was when they left of their own accord... Shocking, I know... :lol:
Best. Idea. By. Far.

If they have a fiat 500 i'm sold.

It's not called a Fiat 500, but it's not far away...

ClickHandler.ashx.jpg

That's one of the funniest cars I've ever seen. See kaz, that's how you entice people :lol:

You think that's funny? You should see the Monstrous...

Basically it looks like an old Cadillac but when you use Stage 3 Nitrous the back of the car grows rocket boosters like it's Men In Black... 👍

I have no problem with winning D2 (if i do), I don't care if anyone looks down on me for winning "the B prize" as it's my own personal success, I'd say just let the talented guys slug it out in the D1 thing and have D2 for people looking to race competitively while building their skillset and talent so they can work toward competing in D1 some day

Back