GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
Woah, an RS6. Nice one! 👍 And nice Forrester, best sleeper ever.

But.... how many banks have you robbed? ;) Just a statement as all the Dutch gangs seem to use them and RS4 Avants.

Woah, an RS6. Nice one! 👍 And nice Forrester, best sleeper ever.

But.... how many banks have you robbed? ;) Just a statement as all the Dutch gangs seem to use them and RS4 Avants.
:D Live out in the sticks so no banks handy, but I can see why they would, loads of room for a gang and a pile of swag, and bloody rapid

I'm fairly new here and have been enjoying the time trials, I have a fairly ropey early car history including two Skodas. That is until 2005 when I had my first (and only) brand new car a seat Leon Cupra R, thats where the LCR user name came from. After that I had the car in the avatar pic, a JDM Forester STi tuned by Litchfields, still the best value all rounder I've had.

View attachment 722262

After that I had a brief spell with a WRX STi before getting the RS6 my current pride and joy second hand in 2016, I think I might be able to afford to run it for one more summer before it breaks me!! Here it is in wedding mode and rubbish tip mode!

View attachment 722263 View attachment 722264
Oooooo! RS6! I wish they would bring that beast over to the States but nobody likes "station wagons" over here. They'd rather have clunky SUVs with half the capacity and none of the style. :indiff:

Pretty car though! Even when loaded like a skip! :D :cheers:

I drive a 2014 Impala with the V6 and every option except the maps and auto-crash-avoidance. Best car I've ever had!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1523025879581.jpg
    FB_IMG_1523025879581.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 30
Recently I came across the fairly active car slalom community here in Austria and I competed in a couple of recent events with my S2000. The last one was even part of the Austrian slalom championship and was very well organised, with almost 100 entries and many spectators. This was actually just two blocks away from my home :)
The idea behind it is quite simple really: have a large concrete area (parking lots, driving centers), set a slalom course using cones and you're good to go, may the fastest one win. The cars are divided into different divisions:
- all-stock (production) cars: no modifications allowed whatsoever, the only thing you can do is buy good road tires. Semi-slicks are disallowed
- sports: some modifications allowed, but the car has to be street-legal. So you can mount sports suspension, semi-slicks, roll-cages, etc. Still the cars are fairly stock
- race: almost everything is allowed, these are the real monsters
Furthermore the divisions are divided into classes, according to their engine displacement.
I was racing in the under 2L class for production cars.

Here are some general pictures:

http://autosport.at/fotos/motorsport/auto-slalom/fotos-slalom-oem/team-steyr-2018.html

I'm in the red S2000 with Nr. 48:

180520_SOEM_02_EG_5843_on-662971-800-600-80.jpg

180520_SOEM_01_EG_5727_on-662893-800-600-80.jpg

180520_SOEM_04_DH_8022_on-663097-800-600-80.jpg

180520_SOEM_04_EG_6037_on-663173-800-600-80.jpg

I ended up 3rd in my class and I actually won a small trophy as well :D

By far the craziest car however, was this one:

180520_SOEM_01_DH_7766_on-662692-800-600-80.jpg

That's a little old Fiat 126 with 2 (!) Hayabusa engines, one in the front and one in the middle, AWD and around 400hp. I think this is pretty much an ideal slalom car: small, light, agile, AWD with a lot of oomph. It goes like hell and was 1s faster on a 1min course than everybody else... It drove on two wheels at times...

Anyway, I'm a bit hooked and I'm going to take part in as many slaloms as I can now :)

I sold my beloved 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder two days ago...sad in a way, but it was time. :(

I was shaking my head as the buyer handed me a check...83 years young with his permanent handicap license plates and his portable oxygen concentrator sitting on the passenger seat as he drove off into a glorious day! :eek: Here, I thought I was getting too old for this car!!:lol::lol:

As I walked back into my house, I started thinking about @GTP_Nail (Ned) and his too funny handicap decal on all of his race cars! :lol:

Another example of die young as old as you can! 👍

IMG_6831.JPG

I sold my beloved 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder two days ago...sad in a way, but it was time. :(

I was shaking my head as the buyer handed me a check...83 years young with his permanent handicap license plates and his portable oxygen concentrator sitting on the passenger seat as he drove off into a glorious day! :eek: Here, I thought I was getting too old for this car!!:lol::lol:

As I walked back into my house, I started thinking about @GTP_Nail (Ned) and his too funny handicap decal on all of his race cars! :lol:

Dooood, nooooooooo. That's just too sad for words....

Crying.gif

View attachment 754261
You just violated the primary law of the Male Universe

NEVER NEVER.... NEVER sell a car or a gun. the day will come when you know you made a mistake. My selling of my 65 Mustang in 67 and NOT replacing it with a Cobra... which was about 7 thousand bucks comes to mind. Oh and my M1 carbine, my Marlin 336 , and my ‘08 Luger.

Last edited:
I know Mike...very sad. It took a while as I refused many, many offers from people looking to flip the car. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

As they say, one door closes another opens...I am very excited to see what I get to replace my true love...wait - that is my wife! :lol:

Ok, it’s happening. I bought a new car, the wagon is going up for sale.

I’m not posting pictures until I clean the car tomorrow (it’s 1 year old with 5000kms).

For now you can guess what it is.

In GTS terms - N400 category, FR, Turbo, 6 speed manual, LSD, approximately 1500kg
The car is not in featured in GTS.

Last edited:
Ok, it’s happening. I bought a new car, the wagon is going up for sale.

I’m not posting pictures until I clean the car tomorrow (it’s 1 year old with 5000kms).

For now you can guess what it is.

In GTS terms - N400 category, FR, Turbo, 6 speed manual, LSD, approximately 1500kg
The car is not in featured in GTS.
M2 competition would be my guess

Back