(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No mate, just normal flying laps :)

But I better say it before the complaints come in lol. FR will start quicker, but that's one of the strengths/weaknesses. It causes problems for the tyres at T1 though. I think the Honda will be the worst starting car. The VW has more power to help it maybe match the FR's, but I might know a trick or 2 with the box to help the FF.

But brands is uphill so the starts shouldn't be as important :)

Online or offline? If online... muhahahaha. :P

Online :)

Why, have you been cheating? :P My test times are never 100%. You'll see what I can do later ;)

The first half of the lap is pretty clean, second half is very unpredictable because of the fast chicane-type left right and so much understeer in last corner. :/

The first half of the lap is pretty clean, second half is very unpredictable because of the fast chicane-type left right and so much understeer in last corner. :/
Yyeah I found that. The Nissan snapped into the corner but the VW had no weight distribution. But I wasn't sure if it was
me as I take a strange line through the last turn.

Lobby going up now :cheers:

I'm fed up with any good vibes being destroyed and yes I have had people telling me its bothering them too. If you don't like it you know where the door is. Not having any 🤬 here anymore. If you have a problem then don't ignore your 🤬 mails.

If you have a suggestion, make it. Bbut after it's been said and rejected on numerous occasions I think the message is clear that it's not going to happen.
I hereby withdraw from the championship due to the (now public) insults I'm getting from the organiser.

Helpful suggestions with constructive reasons in the interests of fair play and fun racing should not be met with such abuse. In fact, nothing should. Especially when it's from the organiser.

@J_Starscream you'll have lots of volunteers as your new team mate, I'm sure. 👍

I hereby withdraw from the championship due to the (now public) insults I'm getting from the organiser.

Helpful suggestions with constructive reasons in the interests of fair play and fun racing should not be met with such abuse. In fact, nothing should. Especially when it's from the organiser.

@J_Starscream you'll have lots of volunteers as your new team mate, I'm sure. 👍
All you've done is moan about this and that. I tried to explain it to you via PM yet you've clearly ignored it and carried on. In case you hadn't noticed this season was set up after the combined ideas of others, none of which you liked so spent nearly every post ripping it to pieces in one way or another. You took my warning to stop it as a joke. For 7 seasons I have always encouraged ideas. However when it has been said so many times and will not be used then it's a bit strange how someone doesn't seem to understand that. There's a difference between constructive reasoning (which when I explain you throw your dummy out the pram) and you moaning about every little thing.

To be brutally honest I don't care mate. You haven't just been annoying me with it. What I have said are not insults but merely fact. If you can't understand why all the cars are unable to be equal on torque etc then that's not my problem. If you are ready to see sense and ready to discuss things and accept you cant have everything your way (yes it's a multi car grid, this is for everyone, not you, get over it). then the door is always open 👍

Great fun thanks guys. What I learnt;

Ignoring filo lol the Honda is quick but can't get past the vw, which will make a very frustrating BT tactical race. I reckon I can qualify ahead but the race is tricky

The racing was awesome.

Rich kicks ass at trial mountain and Honda looked strong at Cape ring.

The start from the fr is a lot greater than expected, rich could have came from the back and been first at turn 1. It's too much of an advantage so gonna look at sorting it out. Could try having the fr cars start in 2nd gear...

You only say Honda looked strong because I got a bit too friendly with the grass, and had had no practice on that circuit yet. ;) I agree with the FR starts, took me completely by surprise... give all FF people a 5 second head start lol.

You only say Honda looked strong because I got a bit too friendly with the grass, and had had no practice on that circuit yet. ;) I agree with the FR starts, took me completely by surprise... give all FF people a 5 second head start lol.
The car felt good ;)

I knew they would have an advantage but not that much. Turn 1 crashes every race lol

The start from the fr is a lot greater than expected, rich could have came from the back and been first at turn 1. It's too much of an advantage so gonna look at sorting it out. Could try having the fr cars start in 2nd gear...
Rolling starts perhaps?

We could try it, although its never really appealed to me, takes the fun out of the start. But if its gotta be done then its worth a try
We could also do partial rolling starts so it doesn't take too much time, pick a point on the track where we could safely go.

The game has a rolling start setting doesn't it?

EDIT - Warm up laps come to mind....
The rolling start's unfortunately only for ovals.

I doubt even warm up laps could help the FF on the start, it might actually make it worse because standing starts automatically place the tire on the optimal temperature, warm up laps could make it colder than you want it.

How about making the pit window earlier and smaller for the FRs? Or would that be too much to make up for just a start line advantage?

The rolling start's unfortunately only for ovals.

I doubt even warm up laps could help the FF on the start, it might actually make it worse because standing starts automatically place the tire on the optimal temperature, warm up laps could make it colder than you want it.

How about making the pit window earlier and smaller for the FRs? Or would that be too much to make up for just a start line advantage?
Damn.

Not really as tyre wear won't have that much of an effect. The problem is the start advantage is HUGE. In the past FR cars make a place or 2, but yesterday rich pulled a 2 second split gap on me at the first sector at trial mountain. As you know that's a lot to lad by in GTTCC so he had space to pull away.

By warm up lap, I thought about doing it if a rolling start. Forming up side by side can be difficult to monitor and seems a lot more difficult. Lets say you're on pole. You set off and do a warm up lap. Then, similar to F1 safety car restarts, you can bunch everyone up then let it rip at the end.

Wouldn't make as many places, but it could be more tactical. But i'm not sure if the Nissan or Toyota is still crazy fast in 1st gear.

The warm up lap is just a way to start, it wont help the tyres lol

My perfect nurburgring lap, I can't see how It could have done it better, I followed the line I found to be the fastest, braking points hit correctly, right amount of trail braking, early throttle and minimised the rolling period as much as I could do.
Have I possibly beaten any aliens?:confused:

My perfect nurburgring lap, I can't see how It could have done it better, I followed the line I found to be the fastest, braking points hit correctly, right amount of trail braking, early throttle and minimised the rolling period as much as I could do.
Have I possibly beaten any aliens?:confused:
Nice lap mate, is that with the new specs too?

You haven't beaten FILO but that's a very competitive time :cheers: Round 1 is Brands Hatch Indy 80's just so you know. My best time is 46.4, ash 46.5 (unless he improved) and duker's was 46.7 So aim for that ball park :)

Opinions on the starts as discussed above anyone?

Regarding starts... I should get a 10 second head start, then everyone else can start as normal. ;)
I don't like that idea at all :(

But then again, you'll need it
:sly:

Orange body and black wheels,
sixaxis controller :ill:

What is the earliest time currently available?
Are those the names of the colours mate?

19:30 :)

EDIT - Just noticed, are you using a turbo?

I don't like that idea at all :(

But then again, you'll need it
:sly:

Are those the names of the colours mate?

19:30 :)

EDIT - Just noticed, are you using a turbo?
Yes, I'll let you know the specific orange when I go into the garage,
& my toyota does have a turbo.
Are the new regulations under the technical regulations section?

Can I do my laps at that time please? :)

Yes, I'll let you know the specific orange when I go into the garage,
& my toyota does have a turbo.
Are the new regulations under the technical regulations section?

Can I do my laps at that time please? :)
That's fine mate :)
No turbos at all. Check the tech regs as it lists what to add.

That time is fine :cheers:

Thing is, I'm actually away from home during pre-Q as my family's gonna be checking in a hotel Friday night for the entire weekend, guess the PS3's coming with me on that one. :lol:

Finally got in the 2:10s *happy face*
P_20160615_172401.jpg

Thing is, I'm actually away from home during pre-Q as my family's gonna be checking in a hotel Friday night for the entire weekend, guess the PS3's coming with me on that one. :lol:
That's fine mate, you can do it on the off week if you want 👍

Finally got in the 2:10s *happy face*
View attachment 558876
Nice one mate. I've got a lot of work to do at the nurb :lol:

Any laps at Brands yet?

Back