(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dualshock 3 (._.)

The colour names are so crazy. Well if I remember correctly they are:

Maziora Trapezium body
Maziora Andromeda II rims

Record the TV. Play with your friends. Enter the 21st Century bro! :P

You've got the colours for me and @J_Starscream in an earlier PM.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
Paint > Body > Pearlescent > GT JAPANESE 007-W

Standard wheels, or this custom wheel:

Custom Parts > Wheels > ENKEI RC-T4

Paint > Wheels > Matte > Matte Yellow (or Light Silver Matte)
Paint > Brake Calipers > Matte Light Red (or Matte Yellow)

Driver Number:

Garage > Driver Number > Type D, Type A, (your number)
Not all parts can be customised for this car, IIRC.

DS3, trigger brake and throttle.

EDIT: Good to see pit stops and 3x 20 minute races. But we won't experience tyre wear with it set to Normal. Also, can we change Slipstream to Weak this season for slightly frequent and safer overtakes, please?
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
Damage: Light
Grip Reduction: Real
Slipstream Strength: Real
False Starts: On

Last edited:
DS3

18:40 BST for me:), as well I count in poland will be 19:40 so that fits for me before my night shift.

About the car:
Car color - Carbon Gray,
Rims color - Indy Yellow Pearl.

Forgot to add form link again :lol:

That's not this Friday but the Friday after. Are you sure that's okay mate?

EDIT - Also pad/wheel and what colour?

So 18:50 | Wheel | Body Color: Whatever the 2012 GTR Red color is :) | Rims: Black solid
Cheers

Last edited:
Record the TV. Play with your friends. Enter the 21st Century bro! :P

You've got the colours for me and @J_Starscream in an earlier PM.

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04
Paint > Body > Pearlescent > GT JAPANESE 007-W

Standard wheels, or this custom wheel:

Custom Parts > Wheels > ENKEI RC-T4

Paint > Wheels > Matte > Matte Yellow (or Light Silver Matte)
Paint > Brake Calipers > Matte Light Red (or Matte Yellow)

Driver Number:

Garage > Driver Number > Type D, Type A, (your number)
Not all parts can be customised for this car, IIRC.

DS3, trigger brake and throttle.

EDIT: Good to see pit stops and 3x 20 minute races. But we won't experience tyre wear with it set to Normal. Also, can we change Slipstream to Weak this season for slightly frequent and safer overtakes, please?

3 x 20mins races is what GTTCC is. That wont change, and hopefully pit stops wont either.

Slip will stay on real. Lets not be like F1 :lol:

You need to remember we've been around for 2 years. Not everything is about what happened last season.

19:00 please.

I do use a wheel but it decided it didn't want to cooperate so now I'm on a controller.

Colours etc. @BenMillard explained. 👍
Harsk took 19:00 sorry mate, Are you okay with 19:10?

Also, for our preview of the season we'll be putting filo in the hot chair. So if anyone (driver or thread watcher) has a question for him then please complete this form (ask as many questions as you want).
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QYf18IzfCp_ePiVzDgwaRFKytodoF22oArTtUZtSN3M/viewform

:cheers:
What sort of questions?[/QUOTE]

Anything you want ;)

3 x 20mins races is what GTTCC is. That wont change, and hopefully pit stops wont either.

Slip will stay on real. Lets not be like F1 :lol:

You need to remember we've been around for 2 years. Not everything is about what happened last season.

Harsk took 19:00 sorry mate, Are you okay with 19:10?

What sort of questions?

Anything you want ;)[/QUOTE]
Absolutely fine with 19:10 👍

Slip will stay on real. Lets not be like F1
Have you done a test race with it on Weak? It's 10x better racing. It isn't OP - career mode and offline 1/2 player uses Strong, which I agree is a little OP. But it's nothing like the strength of Boost: Weak or the ludicrous Boost: Strong.

WRS has been going since GT5 (or even before?) and use it to fantastic effect for lower powered, lighter race cars. Did you read the glowing race reports from those events when I've linked you to them in the past?

We should try it during a test session some time, even if it's just you and I. Tonight I'm at the gym but might be on after 10pm. Or we could try to find each other tomorrow?

Have you done a test race with it on Weak? It's 10x better racing. It isn't OP - career mode and offline 1/2 player uses Strong, which I agree is a little OP. But it's nothing like the strength of Boost: Weak or the ludicrous Boost: Strong.

WRS has been going since GT5 (or even before?) and use it to fantastic effect for lower powered, lighter race cars. Did you read the glowing race reports from those events when I've linked you to them in the past?

We should try it during a test session some time, even if it's just you and I. Tonight I'm at the gym but might be on after 10pm. Or we could try to find each other tomorrow?
I have tried it many times. If it's on what is the point of having success pens. The key word is Real. My answer is final; No.

Can people possibly share their GTTCC cars on community or send me the picture similar to those in the tech regs. Finding these colours is proving to be really difficult :(

There's a paint chip topic in the Seasonal Events area. It might cover other places you can get paint from as well.

The green we use at Starscream Enterprises was definitely only from seasonal events. You can tell by the systematic name.

Driving a car around Brands Hatch while sat in your living room isn't real. Don't get hung up on the word in the user interface - it's not much like real slipstream, when you compare to on-board footage. Caterhams create a huge aero wake, it dominates the single-make series that runs in the UK. But in GT6 cars barely cause a ripple. Caterham has the same effect as the Auto Union Streamliner. That's how real your beloved 'real' setting is. :rolleyes:

The grip loss seems out of proportion to the speed advantage, in particular. It actually makes overtaking harder if there's a fast corner before a straight. And it makes curved braking zones more dangerous.

Changing it to Weak means drivers can get alongside before the braking zone. Instead of bumping clumsily into each other after committing to their respective turn-in. (As I've spent countless hours reporting to you and which you've spent even more time having to educate certain people about.)

It isn't OP, it makes the racing safer and improves overtaking.

If you drop more than 1 second - a single mistake - you lose the slipstream entirely. And if you do get past, the following driver gets the advantage next lap. (If they don't make a mistake.) It turns a procession - as we saw towards the end of most rounds - into a much more dynamic race. That's what I want, that's what touring cars are famous for.

Hmm, I don't really want to get involved, because I'm done with arguments, but... surely making the braking zones more 'dangerous' increases the risk factor, and thus, both the challenge and skill required to successfully overtake someone? For me, these are positives.

But anyways, if this is an issue, we should be democratic and set up a poll to see what everyone thinks.

There's a paint chip topic in the Seasonal Events area. It might cover other places you can get paint from as well.

The green we use at Starscream Enterprises was definitely only from seasonal events. You can tell by the systematic name.

Driving a car around Brands Hatch while sat in your living room isn't real. Don't get hung up on the word in the user interface - it's not much like real slipstream, when you compare to on-board footage. Caterhams create a huge aero wake, it dominates the single-make series that runs in the UK. But in GT6 cars barely cause a ripple. Caterham has the same effect as the Auto Union Streamliner. That's how real your beloved 'real' setting is. :rolleyes:

The grip loss seems out of proportion to the speed advantage, in particular. It actually makes overtaking harder if there's a fast corner before a straight. And it makes curved braking zones more dangerous.

Changing it to Weak means drivers can get alongside before the braking zone. Instead of bumping clumsily into each other after committing to their respective turn-in. (As I've spent countless hours reporting to you and which you've spent even more time having to educate certain people about.)

It isn't OP, it makes the racing safer and improves overtaking.

If you drop more than 1 second - a single mistake - you lose the slipstream entirely. And if you do get past, the following driver gets the advantage next lap. (If they don't make a mistake.) It turns a procession - as we saw towards the end of most rounds - into a much more dynamic race. That's what I want, that's what touring cars are famous for.

My beloved real slip? It worked fine last season. It adds more speed therefore making it more likely to outbrake yourself going into the corner. It doesn't 'get along side' most of the time, but merely allows you to get the move done before the corner. Simple, just like F1.

Hmm, I don't really want to get involved, because I'm done with arguments, but... surely making the braking zones more 'dangerous' increases the risk factor, and thus, both the challenge and skill required to successfully overtake someone? For me, these are positives.

But anyways, if this is an issue, we should be democratic and set up a poll to see what everyone thinks.
As you're aware i'm fed up with this crap too. You ran season 5 and saw that it probably caused as many issues really. With weak slip it takes away the challenge and skill. So I drive around casually behind you, come the straight bam you've got no chance and I run off into the distance because of the gap it creates.

I'm fed up with any good vibes being destroyed and yes I have had people telling me its bothering them too. If you don't like it you know where the door is. Not having any 🤬 here anymore. If you have a problem then don't ignore your 🤬 mails.

If you have a suggestion, make it. Bbut after it's been said and rejected on numerous occasions I think the message is clear that it's not going to happen.

Was it set to Weak for Season 5 then? That was so long ago haha, I can't really make a comparison to how it is now. All I know is that Season 6 was pretty good. (Y)

Was it set to Weak for Season 5 then? That was so long ago haha, I can't really make a comparison to how it is now. All I know is that Season 6 was pretty good. (Y)
Indeed it was. 'If it aint broke, why fix it.'

Moving on. Just ran some laps at brands and here's the times;

Honda 47.0
Nissan 47.0
Toyota 47.3
VW 47.0

Looks good @TNR_KING_FILO :cheers:

What to say about these. The Honda didn't feel great to be honest. Inconsistent so I won't be as quick as that. That lap was pretty much perfect. The FR cars were able to do Graham Hil flat out, but not consistently. The Toyota was very consistent. Nissan was quick but every corner I was fighting the car. VW had a lot of understeer, but was losing loads of time in the final set of corners where weight transfer was crucial. But cars seemed nice and balanced :) I'm going to be online with Ash later about 8/9ish if people want to run some laps :)

SDM_R13HIE
Nissan S15 2012 Red body with silver wheels
Wheel
18:50 is taken sorry mate, updating the time sheet now. Earliest is 19:20 if that's any good?

Indeed it was. 'If it aint broke, why fix it.'

Moving on. Just ran some laps at brands and here's the times;

Honda 47.0
Nissan 47.0
Toyota 47.3
VW 47.0

Looks good @TNR_KING_FILO :cheers:

What to say about these. The Honda didn't feel great to be honest. Inconsistent so I won't be as quick as that. That lap was pretty much perfect. The FR cars were able to do Graham Hil flat out, but not consistently. The Toyota was very consistent. Nissan was quick but every corner I was fighting the car. VW had a lot of understeer, but was losing loads of time in the final set of corners where weight transfer was crucial. But cars seemed nice and balanced :) I'm going to be online with Ash later about 8/9ish if people want to run some laps :)

18:50 is taken sorry mate, updating the time sheet now. Earliest is 19:20 if that's any good?
That'll do fine ☺

@True-blue-8 Are those times from a standing start?
No mate, just normal flying laps :)

But I better say it before the complaints come in lol. FR will start quicker, but that's one of the strengths/weaknesses. It causes problems for the tyres at T1 though. I think the Honda will be the worst starting car. The VW has more power to help it maybe match the FR's, but I might know a trick or 2 with the box to help the FF.

But brands is uphill so the starts shouldn't be as important :)

Back