(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we decided no didn't we? Or was that just to inters?
Probably just to Inters, we never really got to talking about full wets. The last time we had considered weather during the race was the season opener at Brands, where the rain and surface water was just around 40%, so the question then was Inters or Sports Softs.

Probably just to Inters, we never really got to talking about full wets. The last time we had considered weather during the race was the season opener at Brands, where the rain and surface water was just around 40%, so the question then was Inters or Sports Softs.
Yeah the problem was that inters were quicker than softs. Not sure if wets were, best to check that before we make a decision.

Right, regarding tyres, intermediates are definitely banned. Some have suggested we all just run SS to make it easy. Noir has tested the tyres and wets are 5 seconds quicker on a wet track, 3 seconds slower on a dry. He has suggested that rather than give people the option of tyre compound, we run wets in race 1/2 and SS in race 3.

Also, I've just got home from my first day back at uni. I knew I was called in this Friday, but I finished early. However they have moved our timetable about, meaning I won't get home until 8.30PM minimum. I'd rather not postpone the racing and i'm happy to let it go on if people want. 👍

Yeah, that's fine with me. Regarding Noir starting from the back of the grid, surely it makes more sense that this penalty is applied to the qualification results, so he starts from the back in Race 2?

Yeah, that's fine with me. Regarding Noir starting from the back of the grid, surely it makes more sense that this penalty is applied to the qualification results, so he starts from the back in Race 2?
sure? Not gonna moan about the time? :P

That makes more sense mate yeah, i'll remember that for the future. However it would be difficult to do that now, as star has already served a back of the grid pen so it would make it unfair.

The real question is, just how bad is that VW in the wet? :P

Regarding Noir starting from the back of the grid, surely it makes more sense that this penalty is applied to the qualification results, so he starts from the back in Race 2?
Given how bad the Silvia does with power pens, you might not need to give me a penalty to get me to start from the back at R2.

For one thing, we gave Toto his engines back after Trial Mountain so we're back to the old 2-liter...

I might actually be able to finish a race without being damaged. ;)
You mean not cause a mass pile up? :P

If delta isn't able to make it, perhaps as much as we don't want to postpone, it may be the better option. Danny has pretty much won the title, but the 2nd place and teams fight is all extremely close.

Right, regarding tyres, intermediates are definitely banned. Some have suggested we all just run SS to make it easy. Noir has tested the tyres and wets are 5 seconds quicker on a wet track, 3 seconds slower on a dry. He has suggested that rather than give people the option of tyre compound, we run wets in race 1/2 and SS in race 3.

Also, I've just got home from my first day back at uni. I knew I was called in this Friday, but I finished early. However they have moved our timetable about, meaning I won't get home until 8.30PM minimum. I'd rather not postpone the racing and i'm happy to let it go on if people want. 👍

Hej guys, postpone would be a good idea, considering the ongoing renovation at my house, at the present moment I'm sure I can not take part in the last round, and I will not deny that I wanted to seal the lead in the independent class:D, but the decision is yours True-Blue m8.

Hej guys, postpone would be a good idea, considering the ongoing renovation at my house, at the present moment I'm sure I can not take part in the last round, and I will not deny that I wanted to seal the lead in the independent class:D, but the decision is yours True-Blue m8.
I think you already got the Indies title covered m8 ;)

Who knows, maybe:).
Both the overall Drivers and Indies championships are in the same position, really. The championship leaders just have to show up and finish around top 8 to clinch the championship, and with the lower attendance numbers in recent races, that's not gonna be much a worry :lol:

Yes, it's going to be a wet race. I get the feeling you look like this right now.
cat_1-jpg.jpg

:lol:

Both the overall Drivers and Indies championships are in the same position, really. The championship leaders just have to show up and finish around top 8 to clinch the championship, and with the lower attendance numbers in recent races, that's not gonna be much a worry :lol:
Yep pretty much, a no show from ares would give the title to ives or duker.

I'm a bit unsure of a new season now. With the sudden drop in numbers and some are ignoring me completely, I don't feel like we'll have the numbers I expected for a new season. For the sake of one week we should postpone so everyone can attend rather than have 5 people race again :(

Back