how good of a gran turismo player are you??

  • Thread starter Thread starter xAkirax2004
  • 358 comments
  • 12,628 views
I mean that, nothing personal, but I work hard to get a time and you not only beat it, which I expected, but you do it be over 3 seconds.

Maybe I'll try again later.
 
Do what I told you. Control the throttle so you dont lose the back end. Sometimes it seems like Im going slower than I can, but if I push more the back goes and I lose time in the sliding. The less sliding the faster you will be. And I use manual tranny to decelerate better and choose a better gear for some corners.
 
Sorry I reversed the brake distribution.
Its 20 in the front, and 16 in the rear. And Im actually confused now that I see this because it should give a car tendency to oversteer more if slightly turning while braking...
 
Hello :D I'm most definately a 9.5 :lol:


we can all be a near 10 if we want to be , but not always at everything , my talent is in the TT's and a bit of Rally ! i'm only average on other events and tests ;)

I'd also rate Mr H as the same skills as me .... but if he put in more time and changed to MT :eek: he'd be one of the best :cool:
 
Originally posted by Mr P
I'd also rate Mr H as the same skills as me .... but if he put in more time and changed to MT :eek: he'd be one of the best :cool:
Thats true, I was taking a look at the TT thread and noticed MiH used AT. I see alot of ppl use the DS2 still, but does the steering wheel give better times? ..probably better car control in the curves, and also in the straight i guess. ( I hate it when im on a straight and the car is going a bit left or right, so i slightly tap the D-pad the other way, and the car starts turning that way :mad: )
 
I suppose it's what suits you at the end of the day , i only use my momo on Rally ! never on tar as i cant seem to match my DS2 tar times with the wheel :( , but on the dirt i love it :cool: it's fun too :D :cool:

btw Arco uses the Momo on dirt and tar like no-one else the true Lord of the Wheel ;)
 
No it definately says Race Car. And Talentless used the same one as he said somewhere that the car was either 299 hp or 300 hp as he was running it on Cote D'Azur. Or do you mean so that we can compare our times with KartNo38 ??
 
after competing in the OLR, I would rate myself as a 6 with UB57, There are alot of people faster than me, but hopefully someday i will be as good as they are!
 
I dont care what time a person gets, if they hit walls they are bellow 5 in my books.

I only hit walls when AI push me there, my lap times arent fast but they are consistant and fairly smooth.
overall scor for me = 6 or 7 :)

kinda proud of my ability to stay off walls :)
 
Originally posted by graveltrap
another testing spot race for you guys to prove your points

Car Renault Clio V6 Road car standard with just and oil change
The track Monaco

Tyres (heres the twist) sims

A clean lap time under 2'00 is pretty good.

This race was originally posted by arwin as part of the sim tyre challenge

Looks like it says RENAULT CLIO V6 ROAD CAR to me.
Ving, what can the fiat Coupe get with sim's, not T2's.
 
1 because i completed only 8% of the game and i dont really planning on getting it to 100% :D

now on GT4 it will be a different story.
 
Originally posted by Driftster
Looks like it says RENAULT CLIO V6 ROAD CAR to me.
Ving, what can the fiat Coupe get with sim's, not T2's.

umm... alot better :p
 
the clio spot race is with a bog standard road car not the race car guys, try again with the road car on sims no mods allowed apart form an oil change;)
 
No offence T13R but I knew there was no way in hell you could have gotten a 1'51 with a stock road car on sims.
 
This is turning into an OLR thread...

back to the original question....i have no idea how i would rate myself against others coz the only people play for real are my friends when we get in from the pub on a saturday night after a couple of light refreshments when even staying on the track is the order of the day....

the best way to rate yourself is to post your race win percentage.

if you got better at GT3 by playing it more and more and therefore lost a lot of races at the beginning, then start a new game play 20 or so races on pro level and use stock cars...then post your percentage....mine is about 64% since i started..
 
race percentage has nothing to do with what skill your at. For 1, once anyone wins a F1 car, which can be RIGHT AWAY. they can win every race they enter with that F1 car.
 
Originally posted by Driftster
race percentage has nothing to do with what skill your at. For 1, once anyone wins a F1 car, which can be RIGHT AWAY. they can win every race they enter with that F1 car.


yeah, i realise that Driftster...but as i suggested, race in the pro level with a stock car and record your wins that way...:)
 
Originally posted by Driftster
No offence T13R but I knew there was no way in hell you could have gotten a 1'51 with a stock road car on sims.
Sorry guys, I was going with what Famine posted. And it said Race Car. I knew there had to be something weird.. ok sorry again for the mistake ill try it out again sometime soon with the road car. Til then Famine should adjust that Result's post and delete my time.
 
Originally posted by Famine
How could I miss Flinx off the list... D'oh!


IMO,... the greatest ever,... with Arco a close second.

To round out the top 5 I'd have to throw in Jean, Big P, and TAF.

As for local guy's,.... I'd have to guess that Mr. P and myself are certainly in the vacintity of the #10 spot.
 
Originally posted by Famine
Anyone want to put-up or shut-up? I know how good/bad/average I am - I race online with the Germans. Getting close to them is an art form - and if there's anyone on this board that can get within a second a lap of bigp and jmr I'll eat my hat. And that's said in the knowledge that Max E. and Mr. P frequent this board.

I'll post a car/track combo for you all to try out - it'll be a hotlap only though. Feel free to discuss any split time/settings.

FAO Moderators - Since this is not a proper OLR, just a quickie in response to a question asked on this board, I think it'd be better served staying in here. Some drivers may take part who wouldn't otherwise visit the OLR forum.


Originally posted by Famine
Okay - here's the races:


Race 1:
Car - Honda S2000 LM Edition
Mods - NO MODS except tyres. Oilchange allowed. Any settings allowed
Track - Arcade Mode/Free Run/SSR5 Wet Reverse

Feel free to discuss any settings, splits or lap times you wish. PM or e-mail results to me - if you don't want me taking part as a result of this, fine. Outrageous laptimes subject to verification.

Leaderboard
1. T13R - 1'16.670
2. Driftster - 1'18.573

Race 2:
Car - Renaultsport Clio V6 Race Car
Mods - NO MODS except SIMULATION tyres. Oilchange allowed. Any settings allowed
Track - Arcade Mode/Free Run/Cote d'Azur

Feel free to discuss any settings, splits or lap times you wish. PM or e-mail results to me - if you don't want me taking part as a result of this, fine. Outrageous laptimes subject to verification.

Leaderboard
1. T13R - 1'51.176
2. Talentless - 1'54.321
3. xAkira2004 - 1'56.515
4. Graveltrap - 1'56.574
5. Driftster - 1'57.385

Usual online hotlap rules apply. To whit:
1. Stay on the damn track. More than 2 wheels off is verboten.
2. Absolutely no wall contact of any variety.


Famine mentioned his challenge in this thread first. I don't get what the problem is.
 
If there are times that do not belong in Famine's leader boards, then those with the ineligable times should tell him.

Point is, my time is legal because I was responding to Famine's challenge.
 
I realised only after that it was Graveltrap who came up with this challenge. And he was the one who said to use the Clio Road Car, with sims, and oil change. And I think Famine made a small mistake and put Race Car instead hence me using the Race Car.
 
Read the first quote. Even if Famine was inspired by Gravel's challenge, that does not obligate him to exactly copy it. If Famine intended to use Gravel's challenge, then he should hopefully say so soon.
 
yo famine i got a time for ssr 5 wet II and the time is.....


1:19.612 whoo-hoo :D
 
Sorry pudding :D

I just like the Clio V6 Race Car more. If'n you wanting to use the Road Car, that's absolutely fine.

This isn't an Oniline Race so much as an Offline Race - I'm not asking for times to beat whoever is currently at number 1 - you're racing to see how good you really are. The only person you race against is yourself (and thus if you cheat, the only person you cheat is yourself).

Hopefully it'll inspire some people who are better than they think to join the online racing community...

We'll keep on with the Clio Racer for now.
 
Hi can enybody explain me what Driftster and T13R means
1. T13R - 1'16.670
2. Driftster - 1'18.573 T13R Driftster
 
They are usernames. Like "Famine". Or "cELica". Read the thread.
 
Back