how good of a gran turismo player are you??

  • Thread starter Thread starter xAkirax2004
  • 358 comments
  • 12,628 views
Oh thanx Famine! i dont get it:banghead: :lol:

anyway my best lap after only 4 laps is
1'43.790
I just buy the car and I don't mod. it

The pic is a bit small.. but I make it with my NOKIA phone:p
If u can explain me how can send the replay I am here :D
 

Attachments

  • immag.043.jpg
    immag.043.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 113
Originally posted by cELica
Oh thanx Famine! i dont get it:banghead: :lol:

anyway my best lap after only 4 laps is
1'43.790
I just buy the car and I don't mod. it

You need to add "Simulation Tyres" to it. They're 7,000cr and available in the "Tune Shop" area of GT/Simulation Mode.
 
Check page 1... :D
 
Ok. This is for the road car version of the cleo spot race: 1:58.424 after 76 something miles of driving.
 
I dunno if I could ever get 1:50xx with the race car. oh well, i think i'll go take a look at Arwin's thread.
 
Yes... with this tyres is different:odd:

but I get a 1'54:003

In the picture it seems like a 1'54:999 to:lol:
but I can prove it if I send my replay

BYE :)
 

Attachments

  • immag.044.jpg
    immag.044.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 95
Good going Celica. I notice you've got the ASM/TCS on (green & yellow icons below the tacho). Try turning ASM off totally, and TCS down to about 1 for a start. You may find it a little tricky at first, but the car's nose becomes more predictable when exiting a corner.

I'm not honestly bothered about replays - as I said earlier it's a race against yourself, not other people. Nobody will win anything, and anyone who cheats will only be cheating themselves. But I'm hoping we'll get some recruits to real online racing as a result.
 
I've amended race 2 to road OR race car - so feel free to submit times for both if you wish.
 
Ok thanx for your advices ;)
I never use modifications in this great game because I saw that don't change enough the drive (maybe because I'm an ignorant) :lol: YES WITHOUT MAYBE :lol: :lol:

Can U please tell me how to take good sceenshots from Ps2?
Thanx again

[cELica]
 
I wrote a tuning/settings guide not so long ago - I'll put it on my website soon. Hopefully it'll provide some assistance.

For anyone interested, my settings for the Race Car were:
Ride Height 85/88
Damper 10/10
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.5/0.0
Brakes 22/19
LSD 0/5, 0/5, 0/5
Gears: Final 4.750 @ lowest Auto Gear
DF: Maximum
ASM 0
TCS 1

The only way you can take screenshots from a PS2 is if you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV-in socket. Otherwise it's Digital Camera or mobile phone :D
 
I got 1'53.848...

I had the TCS all the way up to 4 and the LSD turned up pretty high, so I'm sure I could shave a bit off with some practice and less conservative settings. I also got 1'54.719 the next lap, drifting most of the corners... It was pretty cool the way I slid through the last two corners before the back straightaway :D
 

Attachments

  • gt3-clio-monaco.jpg
    gt3-clio-monaco.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 85
BTW, the Auto Drive doesn't do very well on Sim Tires.

:lol:

When I quit Free Run, I hit the E-Brake and did a 180, then hit quit, and when the Auto Drive tried to take over, it was going all over the place trying to get the car going the right direction again (which is what was happening when I took the screen shot).
 
Hey Famine... you just had to go and beat my times huh :p I know, I know, its not a competition.... But you arent gonna get me into OLR, because I already am! hehe

Im feeling motivated to do some TT's. I wanna see how I stack up with the rest of the pack.
 
Sorry :D I work well to targets. But it was pretty hard stuff to top I can tell you. There may be 0.7s in it at SSR5WR, but it took about 30 laps to get that, and I wasn't under your time with any other lap... Close, yes :D
 
Hehe thats ok.. because now I HAVE A TARGET :trouble: So what do you figure.. a 7.5/10 would suit me for now, no?
 
Originally posted by Famine
I wrote a tuning/settings guide not so long ago - I'll put it on my website soon. Hopefully it'll provide some assistance.

For anyone interested, my settings for the Race Car were:
Ride Height 85/88
Damper 10/10
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.5/0.0
Brakes 22/19
LSD 0/5, 0/5, 0/5
Gears: Final 4.750 @ lowest Auto Gear
DF: Maximum
ASM 0
TCS 1

The only way you can take screenshots from a PS2 is if you have a computer with a graphics card that has a TV-in socket. Otherwise it's Digital Camera or mobile phone :D


Intersting part on the LSD.... why so low?:confused:


now looking at the scores i dont look like an average shmo when it comes to gt3 anymore :D
 
Readjust my rating from a 5 to a 7 based on the table that was posted

Clio race car at monaco

My best time in a standard but run in clio race car at monaco is 1:48.xxx (I tried to start a spot race like this on GT3 times a while ago but failed) if any ones interested I can post the splits as well......

*EDIT* 1'48.938
 
Once again my time hurted because 1 I hate the track, but I ran a clio race car on som's ASM/TCS both at 0 and just an oil change and ran 1'50.243. I need to learn how to adjust these cars. Oh well, in due time.
 
I can't wait all this time to race on line agains Famine :( :O
 
Damnit getting into the 48's will be hard. If only I would have time to seriously try it out.. its gonna have to wait til tonight or tomorrow. Nice time btw Graveltrap. And you should readjust yourself to an 8/10 hehe

Edit: Oh yea, can you post the splits? I wanna see which sectors I need improving on and which are already pretty good. (Although you took 2 seconds off my time so none of my sectors should be pretty good :( )
 
Originally posted by xAkirax2004
Intersting part on the LSD.... why so low?:confused:

A low setting offeres better stability when the wheels are spinning during corners.... a higher setting will make the car want to oversteer slightly, but offeres better exit speed once throttle control is introduced.

But Famine may have a different stratagy.....
 
ok thanks redeye im gonna try doing that and see if i can get a better time...
 
I'll give ya anither tip: 5/5/5 is a setting by itself,... the minute you go 6/6/6, you'll experience the oversteer.

I recommend 5/5/5 if you want to see real results...

Most of the time,..... you wanna keep the TORQUE and ACCEL reletively close to eachother,..... the DECEL can be played with on its own. For example,... these are the only LSD setting combo's I use:
5/5/5 - 60/60/60 - 60/60/5 - 5/5/60
 
I go under 54's to :D

1'53:755 So far from Famine ¬_¬ (but I think I can do better)

I don't attach the picture this time
Famine is right we don't have to prove it to no-one.

- Can someone tell 4 the other competition me where
can I win Honda S2000 LM Edition (I think you can only win this car)

- One last thing: It's possible to hide the ghost of the best lap??
 
If you press the "select" button on your joypad it'll turn the ghost off/on.

S2000 LM - Amateur/Stars & Stripes (once only), Pro/Dream Car, Endurance/GV300.
 
Originally posted by cELica
I go under 54's to :D

1'53:755 So far from Famine ¬_¬ (but I think I can do better)

I don't attach the picture this time
Famine is right we don't have to prove it to no-one.

- Can someone tell 4 the other competition me where
can I win Honda S2000 LM Edition (I think you can only win this car)

- One last thing: It's possible to hide the ghost of the best lap??
Puoi vincere la S2000 LM nel Dream Car Championship in Amateur. Se hai abastanza punti dopo la quinta corsa per vincere il campionato, allora quando arrivi nella sesta corsa esci fuori e fai SAVE. Quando arrivi nella settesima corsa esci fuori e vincerai soldi e dopo hai una chance su quattro di vincere la S2000 LM. Se non la vinci, ricominci dall ultimo SAVE fino a tempo che riesci ad avere la S2000 LM. Speriamo che il mio italiano non sia troppo schifoso perche sono nato in Canada pero i miei genitori sono italiani veri.
 
Thanx Famine ;)

I try to put modification on mine but i noticed that I have different
unit of measure (In my version [ITALY] is used mm [milimetres] in the Ride Height 4 exsample Maybe U use ft or inch I don't know ) So I leave all and play without mods :banghead:

p.s.sorry 4 my horrible english:lol: :lol: :mad: :mad:
 
Originally posted by T13R
Puoi vincere la S2000 LM nel Dream Car Championship in Amateur. Se hai abastanza punti dopo la quinta corsa per vincere il campionato, allora quando arrivi nella sesta corsa esci fuori e fai SAVE. Quando arrivi nella settesima corsa esci fuori e vincerai soldi e dopo hai una chance su quattro di vincere la S2000 LM. Se non la vinci, ricominci dall ultimo SAVE fino a tempo che riesci ad avere la S2000 LM. Speriamo che il mio italiano non sia troppo schifoso perche sono nato in Canada pero i miei genitori sono italiani veri.


OH!! :) :) :) :)
GRANDE!!! Finalmente qualcuno a cui chiedere cose che non riesco a dire in inglese:banghead: :banghead:

Guarda a parte settesima (settima) [7th] per il resto sei stato perfetto!!!
Ci risentiamo;)
 
cELica, its in mm for us too here in North America. I think what changes is the brake distribution where you have a percentage, and we have a "level" setting. Most of the other things should be about the same. And you should have the same version as Famine seeing you are both in Europe, therefore you should have PAL format like he does.
 
Back