Icona Vulcano 2013

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 25 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

Presents the next supercar, the Icona Vulcano a piece of Italian art in design and engineering.
A car with 950 horsepower through ingenious combination of combustion engine and electric motors, a hybrid car with voluptuous lines.
You may called the Beauty and the Beast!

687atj.jpg

The Icona Vulcano is a front engine V12 two-door two-seater car; the top speed will be around 350 km/h, and 0-200 km/h will be well under ten seconds. The powertrain of the Icona Vulcano is the work of well-known Claudio Lombardi, former powertrain technical director of Ferrari and mastermind of numerous world champion cars. Claudio Lombardi has engineered two available configurations for the Icona Vulcano. The first is an impressive rear wheel drive V12 associated to an advanced technology gearbox that includes a hybrid system: its electric motor synchronises the single clutch for fast gear change and balances the torque for smooth and optimal acceleration while its additional power increases the total power of the car to 950 HP.

Based on further development of this advanced technology, the Icona Vulcano will also be available in a four wheel drive alternative: this time a twin turbo V6 engine coupled with two electric motors for front traction will deliver a total power of 870 HP, and in an overall set up made to be a record beating Nürburgring champion. This masterful combination was successfully tested only a few months ago at San Marino with the Lancia 037 (Ex World Champion Rally) transformed by Beppe Volta into a 4WD hybrid. Made by ACTUA together with Italtecnica, the Lancia 037 4WD-H beat its previous record in every way.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Dimensions
    • Length: 4450mm
    • Width: 1940mm
    • Wheelbase: 2698mm
    • Mass: 1595kg (V12-RWD), 1635kg (V6-AWD)
  • Tires
    • Front: 285/30 20
    • Rear: 355/25 21
  • Braking System
    • Front: 380mm CCM-Rdisk, GT-R Calipers
    • Rear: 380mm CCM-Rdisk, GT-R Calipers

• H-TURISMO V12
    • Total power: 950 HP
    • 0-100 km/h: under 2.0s
    • 0-400m: 9.7s
    • Top speed: 350 km/h (est)
    • INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE
      • Type: 12 cylinder-V 65°
      • Displacement: 5998 cm3
      • Material: Full alloy
      • Lubrification: Dry Sump
      • Valvetrain: 48 valve, DOHC
      • Fuel system: Port Injection
      • Power: 790 HP @ 8300 rpm
      • Torque: 650 Nm @ 5500 rpm
    • ELECTRIC MOTOR
      • Type: Brushless
      • Nominal Voltage: 450 Vdc
      • Maximum Torque: 200 Nm @ 0-3000 rpm
      • Maximum Power: 160 HP @ 3000-10000 rpm
      • Max rpm: 18000
    • TRASMISSION
      • Type: AMT with torque infill
      • Configuration: 6-Speed

• H-COMPETIZIONE
    • Total power: 870 HP
    • 0-100 km/h: 2.9s
    • 0-400m: 9.2s
    • Top speed: 350 km/h (est)
    • INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE
      • Type: 6 cylinder-V 60°, Twin Turbo
      • Displacement: 3800 cm3
      • Material: Full Alloy
      • Lubrification: Dry Sump
      • Valvetrain: 24 valve, DOHC, VVT
      • Fuel system: Port injection
      • Power: 550 HP @ 6400 rpm
      • Torque: 630 Nm @ 3200-5800 rpm
    • Front and Rear Electric motors
      • Type: Brushless
      • Nominal Voltage: 450 Vdc
      • Maximum Torque: 200 Nm @ 0-3000 rpm
      • Maximum Power: 160 HP @ 3000-10000 rpm
      • Max rpm: 18000
    • Rear Transmission
      • Type: AMT with torque infill
      • Configuration: 6-Speed
    • Front Transmission
      • Type: Single stage cylindrical gear/bevel set
      • Differential: Self locking differential
      • Ratio: Fixed Ratio 9.57

21c5gl5.jpg

2ujmlog.jpg

df8v40.jpg

OTHER AWESOME CARS ARE HERE

Last edited:
If I'm honest, I dislike this car. Isn't very attractive (trying a bit too hard imo) and the whole combinations sounds quite unreliable to me. The F12 Berlinetta was enough, this is just too much.

This thread should be locked since it doesn't specify which engine it is suggesting...
But there is many suggestions out there that has no specific engine or information at all, so why must this been locked and not the other ones? It's better to ask the suggestion-maker which engine he would like rather than say that you just said...

But there is many suggestions out there that has no specific engine or information at all, so why must this been locked and not the other ones?
Because it's the correct thing to do. Lock the ones that have an OP that hasn't logged in for a good amount of time then, like the one in this thread.

It's better to ask the suggestion-maker which engine he would like rather than say that you just said...
Not when the suggestion-maker hasn't been seen in ages, it's better to just lock the thread and let someone else create a properly formatted thread for the car with the engine they want.

(someone that doesn't put a cluster of unrelated cars at the bottom of the post because they're begging for Likes. :rolleyes:).

But there is many suggestions out there that has no specific engine or information at all, so why must this been locked and not the other ones? It's better to ask the suggestion-maker which engine he would like rather than say that you just said...

I never said only this specific thread should be locked. And like the above poster said, OP hasn't been seen for quite some good time, it's nearly pointless to just ask him (mainly when we all know how he tends to ignore everything anyone say about fixing his threads).

I never said only this specific thread should be locked. And like the above poster said, OP hasn't been seen for quite some good time, it's nearly pointless to just ask him (mainly when we all know how he tends to ignore everything anyone say about fixing his threads).

Wait, @StarLight's gone? How long?

No you didn't but still... I didn't really meant to point finger or so I was just saying that it's so many other threads without specific suggestion of engine, body style etc :) When I found a suggestion like that I do ask the suggestion-maker which he would like most . Oh if my English was better it had been much easier to explain what I meant :( Have a nice day :)

Because it's the correct thing to do. Lock the ones that have an OP that hasn't logged in for a good amount of time then, like the one in this thread.

By your logic, all suggestions created by banned users will be also locked. :rolleyes: I'll page @Famine regarding the engine rule.

Back