IMSA | Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge | Revival? See post #622Open 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 654 comments

Please vote on all the selections below.

• Room Open: 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, ok I thought It would be safe to run in the ST class but you guys are blazingly fast!
I can only manage 2:08.253 in my BMW 135i with only a top speed of 142MPH at the start finish line.
on a side note might not need to take on any fuel, but might be a mute point since I cannot hit 6th gear or get anymore top end out of the engine.

Anyone want a teammate? Fine with either class and any car. Can't make it to the first race, but will me free for the rest of the season.

Anyone want a teammate? Fine with either class and any car. Can't make it to the first race, but will me free for the rest of the season.

That was the plan, yeah. I wish I knew how (if it's possible) to make that registration thing remove listings that have been chosen already.
It's a bit of effort but you can go back into the form options and remove it. 👍

^^^ Couldn't figure it out.

Also, poll is closed and it looks like our start time (room opening) will be at 4pm UTC, races will be 40 minutes long and will require 1 pit stop.

Registration turnout so far is great, I'll probably jump into something that nobody picked in the ST class (like a Honda) to even out the field. Going to tag a few people here that showed interest and haven't signed up yet:

@CAMikaze @paulmac2k9 @JMoney @bdubclub @cnd01 Interested guys? :)

@IforceV8 if the Genesis thing is a deal breaker for you, I'll add the second car.

Also, poll is closed and it looks like our start time (room opening) will be at 4pm UTC, races will be 40 minutes long and will require 1 pit stop.

Registration turnout so far is great, I'll probably jump into something that nobody picked in the ST class (like a Honda) to even out the field. Going to tag a few people here that showed interest and haven't signed up yet:

@IforceV8 if the Genesis thing is a deal breaker for you, I'll add the second car.

If I get the new 8pm to 3am shifts at work on a Sunday I may able able to appear.

Although the licence for staying open that late hasn't come through yet. Could be as much as a month from now.

Barring that I will always be at work or at a BTCC event on Sundays.

What are your speeds at the start/finish line? With the current specs, my testing times for both cars are:

- RUF RGT = 1:56.651 / 161mph @ the line
- Nissan 370Z = 1:56.707 / 161mph @ the line

While I won't ever match your times I am hitting 161. Just seemed very odd on how I kept with them in the corners but not on the straights. Going to have to look into my corner exits, naturally a squirrely car so perhaps I'm not taking a proper line.

Was trying some things and found another second and a half. Just driver error. :P I might be too used to throwing classic cars around this track.

I think I prefer my tune, kind of struggled using that.
Ok, that's what I used for the testing and it seemed really stable (with a touch too much understeer on exit) but I prefer the understeer over a happy tail.

@R1600Turbo I'll definitely join but over the next couple days I want to do some test-driving of the cars before I finalize what team to drive for. I had been thinking the 3400S however looking at the specs, it's down on power as well as PP from the other cars (yes, I know it's because it's mid-engined). I love the Ruf but one of the other cars might suit my driving style better. I'll sign up soon.

@R1600Turbo I'll definitely join but over the next couple days I want to do some test-driving of the cars before I finalize what team to drive for. I had been thinking the 3400S however looking at the specs, it's down on power as well as PP from the other cars (yes, I know it's because it's mid-engined). I love the Ruf but one of the other cars might suit my driving style better. I'll sign up soon.
Don't pay much attention to the specs, all cars tested within a couple tenths of each other. They're all pretty close.
Reserve #54 ST class if ok @R1600Turbo :)
Just register with that car, if anything changes just let me know and I'll delete the registration entry.

I'm interested. I tried to sign up for the Jim Click Mustang, but I think google forms was having problems. I'll try again

Back