June update predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 694 comments
I finally realized why so many people keep predicting Pikes Peak and hill climb cars.

The Pikes Peak Hill Climb's on the last sunday of June.

Unleash the FTO.

bamf.jpg

While I agree that it is a problem how slow the AI is in arcade/custom races… and I wish they could all be 🌶-enabled, the only reason I do those types of races is to earn some credits while I test/tune. Oftentimes I actually lose, because I’m driving a significantly slower car than the field.
Eventually when I’m satisfied with my garage, I’ll just go back to normal TT sessions. But by that time, I’ll be doing sport mode 90% if the time racing for peanuts
Often the AI is unbalanced. Sometimes an easy win, other times you need to perfect your tune.

But if I find a particular event enjoyable. I always go back with different cars to give myself a challenge. It’s surprising how quickly you can rack up the credits when you’re just driving for fun!

I finally realized why so many people keep predicting Pikes Peak and hill climb cars.

The Pikes Peak Hill Climb's on the last sunday of June.

Unleash the FTO.

View attachment 1161678

On top of that, PD is a sponsor of Pikes Peak and has the license to put the track in-game.

The Escudo Pikes Peak is also on that datamined car list that keeps going around, and while I take it with a grain of salt, it's an additional factor that makes a Pikes Peak-themed update seem likely.

Finally, as PD seems to be releasing content updates in the last week of a given month, the timing looks like it lines up.

I won't bet on it, knowing PD, but the odds of a Pikes Peak content update seem somewhat likely.

On top of that, PD is a sponsor of Pikes Peak and has the license to put the track in-game.

The Escudo Pikes Peak is also on that datamined car list that keeps going around, and while I take it with a grain of salt, it's an additional factor that makes a Pikes Peak-themed update seem likely.

Finally, as PD seems to be releasing content updates in the last week of a given month, the timing looks like it lines up.

I won't bet on it, knowing PD, but the odds of a Pikes Peak content update seem somewhat likely.
Even more likely with that Tesla set to come out in a future update.

I won't set high standards (Life taught me that lol), but Pikes Peak is something I always keep in the back of my mind since they have the rights to it.

There's also that Pikes Peak scape in one of Suzuki VGT promo pics

Kaz tweeted on friday and on sunday before the monthly update coming live the third or the last week of the month. Let’s hope that today wil be the day.

The 911 GT1 ‘97 is already in the game. They just need to make a competition version. Although I suspect if PD have gone to the trouble of scanning the ‘97 road car (the only model year made in significant numbers). It’s the ‘98 Le Mans winner they’ll use for any race version.

On the flip side. If they ever introduced a Mercedes road version. It would probably be the ‘97 CLK-GTR. As this was also the only road model produced in significant numbers.
The CLK-GTR roadcar is actually plausible if PD finds a owner willing to let them scan it seeing as Mercedes-Benz no longer own the lone roadcar they used to have on display at their museum.

Knowing PD though they would probably include the racing version which would be far easier to include as Mercedes-Benz museum actually still has a CLK-GTR racecar along with the CLK-LM which is the same one they scanned for GT7 I believe so they can easily include if they wanted which I personally hope they do as the only AAA titles to include the racecar version was the first Forza Motorsport and a few of the older NFS Games.

I also agree with the point made about the 911 GT1, I believe PD would include the 98 version if they were to include any of the competition spec 911 GT1 models, the 96 model was closer in performance to the F1 GTR 1996 so that would more than likely be in Gr.3 though PD could also still be planning to include the 97 Evo seeing as how the 911 GT1 currently in-game for some reason is missing the weight reduction option which would make it closer in performance to the other Gr.2 cars though that could be a simple oversight.

Even more likely with that Tesla set to come out in a future update.

I won't set high standards (Life taught me that lol), but Pikes Peak is something I always keep in the back of my mind since they have the rights to it.
There was also a Scape/Photomode shot from Suzuki PR featuring the VGT at Pikes Peak. Plus in game cars now have a specific Pikes Peak classification. Not that I think Pikes Peak is coming in June. I do think there’s a an increasing likelihood in the next 6 months.

Then you're playing the wrong game.
Then how the hell do you buy the cars to play the game ? :lol::lol::lol:
To say that you 'don't play to win credits' when the vast majority of the tuning and customization takes credits (and a lot, in the case of the former) is just absolutely blinkered to me.
Not that I would ever tell anyone else how to play a videogame. But if you’re spending your time obsessing over credit payouts and that’s determining what events or cars you’re trying. It doesn’t sound particularly enjoyable.

50m+ credits are available from playing & Golding events. Once. Of an evening I often end up with more credits than I started with. Just from making different builds and racing them in challenging events.

Last edited:
I guess next week we get another set silhouttes from kaz, and the update drop on 29 or 30th i am not expecting more than 5 cars, i don’t like the silence, but its clear that Sony is the one running things for the media and not pd

I predict three Clubman Cup + events. I believe these are the only place where affordable road cars regardless of origin can battle it out together, and the game needs more of that. So far only three of these races on Japanese circuits, but they are quite challenging and fun.

Last edited:
I would hope this next release be themed base, instead of scattered like the last release, whatever it is, something like releasing multiples of the latest GR.3 cars with a related track.

Since you mentioned the Mercedes CLK-GTR '97 and the Porsche 911 GT1, PD could very well add these cars to the GT7, following the same idea that was made with the McLaren F1.

The CLK-GTR car is visually different from the CLK-LM, the latter being a little lower. Likewise, PD could place the CLK-GTR in the Gr.3 category, as well as the Porsche 911 GT1 '96.

The '98 version of the Porsche 911 GT1 could be added to the Gr.2 category.

So would it with Ferrari. PD would add the Ferrari F40 LM/GTE '95 to the Gr.3 category and add the Ferrari F50 GT to the Gr.2 category.

Obviously there would be performance differences between these cars and modern GT3 cars, but the BOP would try to do its job properly, lowering top speed and acceleration. And in this way we will have the fantastic quartet of the 90's at Gr. 2 and Gr. 3 (McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche and Mercedes).

Last edited:
I'm going to say they'll add 3 cars, 1 track, and then 2 new GT Cafe events.

Cars:
- Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak 1998
- Peugeot 208 T16 Pikes Peak 2016
- Suzuki Sx4 Monster Sport Pikes Peak 2011

Track:
- Pikes Peak Hillclimb, I'm going to say PD did this because they've been working on this track and it being so time consuming is why we haven't gotten anything new track-wise in the past 2 months.

Events:
- Hill-climb Events, making use of the new Pikes Peak cars added plus the hillclimb cars already in the game.
- Pikes Peak Hillclimb will become a race, a downhill layout the 2nd event, and the 3rd race is on Fishermans Ranch
- A new event for 90s GT1 cars.
Do you think we get "sell car feature" this month?

GR GT3 Concept
Nissan Skyline GTS-R ‘88

I‘m still stuck on a third car. Then this popped up in one of my feeds

1655492630098.jpeg

1655492651770.jpeg

Widebody option from 1973 24H Spa
1655492881093.jpeg

GR GT3 Concept
Nissan Skyline GTS-R ‘88

View attachment 1161940

Oh man, you opened a lot of old memories for me! My uncle used to had one like it, the front end was different but the same body! I remember it had straight headers and pipes, with four Weber carbs (IIRC), and a noise so loud and brutal you could hear it from miles away! Fat tires out back and I remember him racing against our neighbor's Datsun 210 (which idk why but I used to dislike it back then, the again I was like 9, 10 years old). If only it were to be made available in a future update!!

Last edited:
When I lived in the projects, a neighbour in my cousin’s building had a green one. Doubt it was a GT, but it was cool because it had a wood shift knob. That was in the early ‘80s

GR GT3 Concept
Nissan Skyline GTS-R ‘88

View attachment 1161940
View attachment 1161941

Widebody option from 1973 24H Spa
View attachment 1161942
Oh Yeah would love that, saw one last week standing in a garage in this beautiful red paint👌

I think they will hold the sell feature back as long as they can. Maybe they are waiting to overhaul of the economy first before establishing sell values,
currently credits are all over the board, the disparity between events is great, which leaves some events orphaned.

My problem with this economy is it draws you to only certain events if your wanting to stay ahead.

Last edited:
Since you mentioned the Mercedes CLK-GTR '97 and the Porsche 911 GT1, PD could very well add these cars to the GT7, following the same idea that was made with the McLaren F1.

The CLK-GTR car is visually different from the CLK-LM, the latter being a little lower. Likewise, PD could place the CLK-GTR in the Gr.3 category, as well as the Porsche 911 GT1 '96.

So would it with Ferrari. PD would add the Ferrari F40 LM/GTE '95 to the Gr.3 category and add the Ferrari F50 GT to the Gr.2 category.

Obviously there would be performance differences between these cars and modern GT3 cars, but the BOP would try to do its job properly, lowering top speed and acceleration. And in this way we will have the fantastic quartet of the 90's at Gr. 2 and Gr. 3 (McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche and Mercedes).
The CLK-GTR would be in Gr.2 as it was a direct competitor to the 1997 F1 GTR we have in game and even beat it a majority of the time but the rest of the cars listed seem spot on as far as where they would be placed. I hope PD also include the Panoz at some point as that car would add balance to Gr.2 along with the R390 which I still feel like is coming to GT7 at some point.

PD should take notes from Project Cars 2/3 on how to do the GT1 classes:
project-cars-2-gt1-jpg.199916

Last edited:
The CLK-GTR would be in Gr.2 as it was a direct competitor to the 1997 F1 GTR we have in game and even beat it a majority of the time but the rest of the cars listed seem spot on as far as where they would be placed. I hope PD also include the Panoz at some point as that car would add balance to Gr.2 along with the R390 which I still feel like is coming to GT7 at some point.

PD should take notes from Project Cars 2/3 on how to do the GT1 classes:
project-cars-2-gt1-jpg.199916
Having all the most developed version of the GT1s would be so nice, PC2 had all of them besides the Lotus, the 2 TBAs in the picture are the Toyota GT-One and the other one the F50 GT.

Though I would love to see the CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 Evo and R390 '97 as well, they look more like actual GT cars and less like prototypes.

In regards to performance for the 97 cars, on Suzuka (which is a tiny bit shorter now though) the Subaru BRZ GT300 was actually only about 1 second slower in both qualifying and fastest lap from the 1997 GT1 race, so nothing that couldn't be handled with a bit of BoP. But that would mean they would use realistic performance for those cars, which they already didn't do for the F1 GTR which is a lot closer to the CLK LM in-game than it should be.

I still don't get why anyone actually wants 24 hour races in GT. There is no real endurance in GT. Cars don't wear, there is no serious damage risk. There is no proper multi-class racing. You can pause at any time, and should, for your health. The challenge of real endurance racing is just not present, it's just reduced to driving for 24 hours.

Plus as I've said before, nobody in the gaming world is going to enter a 24 hour race expecting they'll finish 6th at best and have little chance of winning. Everyone will always make sure they enter a car guaranteed an easy win. You'll finish 10 laps ahead of the AI at the least.

So what is left of the race? There is no endurance challenge of looking after the car. There is no challenge to actually win it. There is no personal challenge of endurance. It's just driving for 24 hours.
For once, I'm not with you on that specific one.

Panoz_Esperante.jpg

There are other goals than just winning. I did that race so many times using different (underpowered) type of cars that I stopped to count. That one being one of my best experience in race gaming so far (The Bentley should have finished third, but it hasn't completed its lap before I crossed the line).

My first attempts for both 24h races (Nürburgring & Le Mans) were harsh ones. I won Le Mans finishing half a lap in front of the 2nd position car, in an Audi R10 (stock & hard tyres), only because my stints were longer, the least mistake was punishing. For the Nürburgring 24 h with a Corvette, it took me 14 hours to definitively take the lead, praying not to crash.

What we need is just scalling the race duration on difficulty (or peppers) so everyone can have a go and enjoy the "journey".

Either way, the only point in having 24h races, is if they pay well. If not, they will only be done by a very small niche of players. Other than that, 4h endurance races are probably more than enough for the vast majority of players.

As for this thread specifically, what are the bases of most predictions? Just random guessing or does it have any basis? As far as I've seen, guesses seem to be all over the place, more like wishful thinking than actual predictions.

If there’s a game they’re going to give us Pikes Peak, it’s this one.

I’m giving it a coin-flips chance that the Escudo gets its first LCD listing at a discount. I don’t think it’s beyond PD to commemorate the Escudo/Pikes Peak combo by doing us a solid.

What was the original price of it in GT2? Anyone know?

If there’s a game they’re going to give us Pikes Peak, it’s this one.

I’m giving it a coin-flips chance that the Escudo gets its first LCD listing at a discount. I don’t think it’s beyond PD to commemorate the Escudo/Pikes Peak combo by doing us a solid.

What was the original price of it in GT2? Anyone know?

Around 2,000,000. As we’ve, so far, seen with race winners, it’ll probably rise to 3,000,000.

Back