June update predictions

• Thread starter alex511
  • 694 comments
I think if it stays at 2,000,000 for sake of "Nostalgia", that makes more sense.

Hagerty's a stranger when it comes to Suzuki, so maybe they might even low ball it to 1,000,000. 🤣
Yeah I expect it to be not so expensive. As far as I know, the real car doesn't exist anymore so it might be hard to actually valuate it but I'm talking out of my butt so we'll see.

I think if it stays at 2,000,000 for sake of "Nostalgia", that makes more sense.

Hagerty's a stranger when it comes to Suzuki, so maybe they might even low ball it to 1,000,000. 🤣
... minimum 6,500,000 as other race cars in "the collection" ..

Last edited:
... minimum 6,500,000 as other race cars in "the collection" ..

I think we get a discount on it, lets say it's 3.5mil, because we can only look at it cause we don't get the track to race it on :lol: :lol:

I haven't touched GT7 ever since PD killed off the Tomahawk Tokyo exploit, but I hope that this new upcoming update will be enough to get me to boot up GT7 again. I mean, the Pikes Peak Escudo was my favorite car in GT3, and now getting the chance to drive it in higher detail would be a real treat. Escudo aside, that is, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this new update isn't just three new cars and "bug-fixes" that break the game in some way. The way PD is releasing these drip-fed updates is a bit disheartening, to say the least.

Also, Apricot Hill when??

Last edited:
I haven't touched GT7 ever since PD killed off the Tomahawk Tokyo exploit, but I hope that this new upcoming update will be enough to get me to boot up GT7 again.
To be fair, you can do the Sardegna 800pp race. It's pretty difficult to lose. I build 800pp "LM" cars, run map 6 on hard tires. 2 stops, easy win.
I mean, the Pikes Peak Escudo was my favorite car in GT3, and now getting the chance to drive it in higher detail would be a real treat. Escudo aside, that is, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this new update isn't just three new cars and "bug-fixes" that break the game in some way. The way PD is releasing these drip-fed updates is a bit disheartening, to say the least.
Well, they've been doing it since GT6, so we should be used to it.

I'm guessing it's the old style, all dirt, Pike's Peak

Didn't someone say Watkin's Glen, because it's in the scapes? (BTW, I didn't see it in the scape and I looked, maybe I missed it).

So, aside from the Escudo, what's the guesses???

Last edited:
To be fair, you can do the Sardegna 800pp race. It's pretty difficult to lose. I build 800pp "LM" cars, run map 6 on hard tires. 2 stops, easy win.
What I use is the Nissan GT-R LM Gr.1 car. No stops and smooth sailing. It's like cruising in a red limo around there. Maybe not as fast as the others with a total time of ~27 minutes but it sure is an easy drive. Just point and go.

not playing gt7 anymore...but at least you guys will get suzuki escudo this update 🤣🤣🤣 and 918 spyder in future...other than that, data list is poor...MY OPINNION...PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME AGAIN...

PD if you are reading this, but probably not..."why would you" it seem that you want your game to go B A D

Alright, here's my real predictions for this update.

I'll be generous and say we might actually get Pikes Peak. Assuming we do, it'll have 3-4 races on it. The rest of the races added will be WTC 600-800, scattered throughout the circuits. If Polyphony is feeling extra generous, we might get a new menu book or two instead.

There's a lot of categories that the game marks that aren't used. Cars tagged "Le Mans" don't have a Le Mans race. "Midship" and "Hypercar" are unused. I think "Hybrid Car" is too. "Pickup Truck" is... technically unused, because they instead chose to restrict by two specific trucks instead of the "Pickup Truck" category. "Safety Car" is unused, and probably always will be. "Electric Car" doesn't have any races. "Gran Turismo Award", I didn't even know it existed until now. "Nurburgring 24 Hours", nothing.

So, you might be wondering, what does get used as a race restriction? "Road Car", "Professionally Tuned", "Racing Car", "Kei Car", and "Vision Gran Turismo". The latter two were unused on release, meaning it was only three of them.

Cars tagged with "Road Car" are going to find very little to do outside of Sunday Cups and drivetrain-restricted races. If they're too fast, they'll only find use in WTC races.

"Professionally Tuned" cars only get the three Clubman Cup Plus races, which are also open to "Road Car"s. Outside of that, WTC races, unless they're also tagged as "Road Car".

"Racing Car" races are limited to the few Gr.B/4/3/1 races... oops, the Gr.1 races actually allow anything to enter, making them essentially WTC 950 races. So make that Gr.B/4/3. Gr.2 has nothing, but that's probably because there's only 8 Gr.2 cars in the game. Outside of the few Gr.B/4/3 races (2 for Gr.4, 4 for Gr.3, 6 for Gr.B, great priorities), these cars are only really going to find use in WTC races.

Any "Kei Car" is going to have what the "Road Car" category has, plus 3 Kei Car races.

"Vision Gran Turismo" cars are all over the place, so I can't really say much, except that they're only given a bonus of 3 races on top of what they already have in their other categories.

So, all these unused categories, and WTC races make up the majority of what any given fast car can do. Of course, almost none of them actually fit into a "touring car" label, but let's ignore the name. Why is that? Well, giving a wide open race ensures that these cars have something to do without actually needing to make much of anything. It's perfect for the early stages of a game that is going to be pieced back together over a few years. More specific races come later, probably, if they feel like it.

Of course, this only adds to the feeling of a lack of direction, but who cares about that when there's still something to do? Even if you've already ran that race in 20 other cars.

So yes, I do believe we're going to get more WTC races, Polyphony loves them. They're the absolute lowest effort races to make. I mean, not that I believe there's much making going on at this point. We're still waiting on those Hypercar races Jimmy Fallon got to play 4 months ago. Someday, I'm sure.

They could, at any time, dump a ton of the missing races in. They made singleplayer races for GT Sport faster than they are being released in GT7. I know Polyphony isn't that incompetent suddenly. Maybe the problem is the single person figuring out the perfect amount of boost for the AI? Who knows?

But that's enough specifying why I've made my prediction. 9 races total, up to 2 menu books, Pikes Peak.

Please surprise me, PD. In a good way.

At this point it's not really enough to just add the missing cafe races back in.

If they don't have high payout or are a complete pain to win (like the Gr.1 events), people are just going to go right back to Tokyo/Le Mans/Sardegna/Spa.

We need so many more endgame events that make use of cars from all categories/PP levels. A lot of good cars are gathering dust in my garage because the only places to use them are 2 lap beginner events. Takes more time to slog through the menus than it does to actually do the races...

Or PD could simply get around the lack of content by making custom races actually worth the players' time. Takes actually zero effort on PD's part.

What I use is the Nissan GT-R LM Gr.1 car. No stops and smooth sailing. It's like cruising in a red limo around there. Maybe not as fast as the others with a total time of ~27 minutes but it sure is an easy drive. Just point and go.

Yeah that's one of the faster ways of doing the race. Although using a GR010 seems to be the way to go. Using a Mistah MCA tune I have managed to do a 24.02 race time at Sardegna A WTC800 race. But I messed up once so like 23.55 is definitely possible. Fuel mix 2 mostly, like 9-10 laps & short shifting, fuel mix 1 the rest (5-6 laps).

If they do add PP I think we all know they'll drip feed events for it. To start with there will probably be three "events" running up the hill, one in a fairly slow car, one a normal rally car, then the last one in the Escudo. Probably 1 time prize as well. Then we'll get a few more added over the coming months.

If they do add PP I think we all know they'll drip feed events for it. To start with there will probably be three "events" running up the hill, one in a fairly slow car, one a normal rally car, then the last one in the Escudo. Probably 1 time prize as well. Then we'll get a few more added over the coming months.

That would be ok. But it would be fantastic if those 1 hr mission races were made to be available to get 1,2M every time. We would have so much more variety for earning plenty of money. Because 1,2M/hour is worth it, despite being a bit lower than the WTC races at Spa, Le Mans and Sardegna A.

they should add time attack missions if they are planning to put pikes peak track
yeah that's true..but what? with only suzuki escudo...they need to get some more PIKES cars...or at least , give us new upgrade parts( CARS FOR THIS EVENT , the best ones had 800+ hp and aloooot of downforce )...its funny to take jaguar vision sv or 908 lmp1 and do a 5 min t-a 🤣🤣🤣 where is vw id r, loeb peugeot, and others maybe even this years hoonipigasus...
it would make no sence...because they will not open their POCKETS, in my opinnion pikes will never come to gt7...

Just MY OPINNION

Well, I've learned my lesson. NEVER have expectations for this game. No matter how low, Polyphony will find a way to disappoint.
Well... We did get a new track so that's something... But the races on it are dreadful. 200k for almost a 20min race without guaranteed clean race bonus is insulting. Having to wait for the legendaries is crappy. I'm hoping they won't be insane price but I have a feeling they'll be more expensive than I'm imagining

Last edited:
Yeah I mean we can't control what PD does but if people are this disappointed in gt7 now, then what will the future games of GT bring? Probably nothing much, same old-same old.
Some people just expect too much and prepare themselves to be disappointed.

I am really curious how much time it takes for PD's developer to add 1 new event to world map or set a decent payout for new events so it isn't still 4 same races over and over again.

The anomaly is the payouts for the ‘big 4’ events; they were set high solely to take the heat off PD during the early uproar.

I’m 99 per cent certain PD is trying to work out how to reduce those four payouts without sending players crazy again. Even if they opt to leave them be, we can’t expect any more high payouts to be added. Those four are it.

As nice as this update is, I'm a little disappointed the new menu books aren't race event books. They may as well make us race against a grid of 86s and BRZs!

Back