LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 359 comments
hsv
Err, you can? :odd:

Also, this thing has short gearing. It tops out far too easily.

Yes, the Lexus reaches the redline at i think 302kmh... which is perfect.
But i set up the gearing a bit different. I have the first 2 gears very very long, to make the other 4 gears shorter.
And you hear that too, it makes the car sound even more aggressive.

And... what? can you adjust the gearing for the FT-1 now? :embarrassed:

Is the suspension tunable? I didn't check it yesterday as I only did the super laps for each VGT, but the Lexus definitely could use some help as the stock suspension settings in the game are not good.

Is the suspension tunable? I didn't check it yesterday as I only did the super laps for each VGT, but the Lexus definitely could use some help as the stock suspension settings in the game are not good.

Yes, if i'm not mistaken, but you can't change camber, and ride height. And you can change the LSD

........This car is not bad, but the stock tune was epically eff-ed up. Nearly lost control a few times on Bathurst. Have been trying a few adjustment here and there, and cured the oversteer somewhat, but honestly, I feel this car's been a bit overshadowed by the Alpine sisters....

I guess the hybrid system doesn't work. I ran out of fuel on the last corner at the 10laps at Silverstone. So much for using the fully charged battery. :indiff:

I guess the hybrid system doesn't work. I ran out of fuel on the last corner at the 10laps at Silverstone. So much for using the fully charged battery. :indiff:
I think they accidentally set it to charge at the intended discharge rate, and vice versa. Although that doesn't seem to make sense now.

EDIT: didn't someone say the nitrous button adds extra boost, like the Nissan? I didn't test it (don't have the button mapped).

I think they accidentally set it to charge at the intended discharge rate, and vice versa. Although that doesn't seem to make sense now.

EDIT: didn't someone say the nitrous button adds extra boost, like the Nissan? I didn't test it (don't have the button mapped).

I believe it does. I used the KERS boost out of the last corner on to the main straight in the Super Lap and the battery was down to 1 bar by the time I got to the start/finish line.

I'm currently in a Free Run lobby in Sierra... saw quite a lot of people use the Lexus VGT and I have to say, I wasn't dreaming when I first used the car. The brakes and deceleration on that car are just mind-boggling. When I was driving it for some test runs, I literally ABUSED the car by trying to find out how late I can brake into corners. And now, I decided to pit its cousin, the Toyota FT-1 VGT against it. Pulled it out, did some runs alongside the people who were using the Lexus VGT, and I just couldn't keep up with its deceleration and handling. I have about the same PP but that deceleration was just too much. I'm guessing it's because of the hybrid system... again.

Do we know how much the FT-1 weighs?Weight plays a lot. Plus, the downforce is adjustable on the LF. The FT-1 is fixed.
The Toyota is lighter at 1000kg vs 1075kg.
The Toyota's fixed aero is at 350/730, which is the same as the default for the Lexus.
The Lexus can go up to 400/900 though.

The long un-adjustable gears on the Toyota perhaps don't do it any favours.

The Toyota is lighter at 1000kg vs 1075kg.
The Toyota's fixed aero is at 350/730, which is the same as the default for the Lexus.
The Lexus can go up to 400/900 though.

The long un-adjustable gears on the Toyota perhaps don't do it any favours.

agreed on the transmission, and on pretty much everything. The FT-1 VGT could have been more amazing if it had adjustable everything (because it's a 🤬 RACE CAR), but Toyota is too stubborn to give away the specs of the regular FT-1, and because of that the FT-1 VGT doesn't have any specs as well.

This is one of those cars that makes me glad I'm controlling throttle with a pedal and not a button.

Lol I really have to mention that this has been the first of the VGT's that I have driven more than few hundred km, I've been actully loving the TT at Fuji so much that I have done probably over 1200km there already, and just yesterday made really good lap in time 1.29.005 and I think this is actually the first time I'm within second from immortal on such long track :D (Unless he improved since yesteray) Really makes me like that TT and this car even more, this car is just mental :drool:

Last edited:
agreed on the transmission, and on pretty much everything. The FT-1 VGT could have been more amazing if it had adjustable everything (because it's a 🤬 RACE CAR), but Toyota is too stubborn to give away the specs of the regular FT-1, and because of that the FT-1 VGT doesn't have any specs as well.

I'd say that even totally stock vs. totally stock the Lexus is the fastest, but it's pretty close. Some quick testing times:-

Sum of 6 Courses* (total 40.48km) @ 10 lap MoTeC eclectic time. Stock/no tune/ABS1 only/MT/T500RS.
*Brands GP, Suzuka '14, Twin Ring Motegi, Nordschleife, Tsukuba, Mid-field

Lexus LF-LC VGT / Total Time: 13:13.019 / Av. Speed: 114.18mph
Toyota FT-1 VGT / Total Time: 13:17.019 / Av. Speed: 113.54mph (+4.453s / -0.64mph)

Weirdly enough the only track where the FT-1 was faster was Brands GP, and it appeared to be faster in every section.

Here's what I got at London, Trial Mountain, and Indianapolis Road Course. I used a DS3, No assists except ABS at 1. Please don't laugh my times; they aren't that great.
London:
Lexus: 0.48.806
Toyota 0.50.735
Indianapolis Road Course
Lexus: 1.29.350
Toyota: 1.30.637
Trial Mountain:
Lexus: 1.21.772
Toyota: 1.24.949

I'd say that even totally stock vs. totally stock the Lexus is the fastest, but it's pretty close. Some quick testing times:-

Sum of 6 Courses* (total 40.48km) @ 10 lap MoTeC eclectic time. Stock/no tune/ABS1 only/MT/T500RS.
*Brands GP, Suzuka '14, Twin Ring Motegi, Nordschleife, Tsukuba, Mid-field

Lexus LF-LC VGT / Total Time: 13:13.019 / Av. Speed: 114.18mph
Toyota FT-1 VGT / Total Time: 13:17.019 / Av. Speed: 113.54mph (+4.453s / -0.64mph)

Weirdly enough the only track where the FT-1 was faster was Brands GP, and it appeared to be faster in every section.

that's crazy, the FT-1 VGT has more PP but I wouldn't be surprised by the results you had. I've also tested both cars recently. Both cars have amazing cornering ability but the thing that really kills the FT-1 VGT's performance is its stupid gear ratios. Add to the fact that the Lexus decelerates like hell whenever you brake (seriously, the only faster way to decelerate is to hit a wall).

I just had a brain wave. I think we should try both cars on GVS and Autumn Ring. Autumn Ring, the Lexus would probably win but on GVS the FT-1 might have a chance because it has a quite a number of full-throttle sections that are substantially long, just like Brands Hatch GP. Maybe that's why the FT-1 was faster there.

that's crazy, the FT-1 VGT has more PP but I wouldn't be surprised by the results you had. I've also tested both cars recently. Both cars have amazing cornering ability but the thing that really kills the FT-1 VGT's performance is its stupid gear ratios. Add to the fact that the Lexus decelerates like hell whenever you brake (seriously, the only faster way to decelerate is to hit a wall).

I just had a brain wave. I think we should try both cars on GVS and Autumn Ring. Autumn Ring, the Lexus would probably win but on GVS the FT-1 might have a chance because it has a quite a number of full-throttle sections that are substantially long, just like Brands Hatch GP. Maybe that's why the FT-1 was faster there.

I drive all the VGT cars on Mid-field and Autumn Ring. Indeed the Lexus is faster than the Toyota on Autumn ring, but on Mid-field, the FT-1 is able to keep up. I don't know if the Toyota can be much faster than the Lexus on any track, but on faster tracks I'd say they are on par.

Black!
Siracusa_zpse3chgfs3.jpg~original

This is one of my new favorites. It is at the PP that I enjoy the most, sounds awesome, handles great, and has a better interior than most standards. Not to mention the paint coat is just plain awesome! :D

I have a feeling I'll be using this a lot...

Anybody know how to use the stored energy? I have the NOS button, but not sure if it's an on-off thing or just a press-and-hold to use the hybrid system?
It gets a bit unsure when the battery is getting used when i dont even touch the nos then it stops using the hybrid.

This is, so far, is the only Vision GT that I absolutely love.
All the other ones are just ok, but this one is spot on. Well done, Lexus.

@WeShallNverStop you gotta press & hold the NOS button. To properly feel how much "boost" you get with extra oomph from the batteries, just find a looooong straight, gun it without the electric boost, then do it again but wih the NOS button held down - you'll be (slightly) impressed...

Back