Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

What I did notice this time around though is if you stay logged in to psn on the pc you keep the same cookie. Before you had to keep logging in to get a new 1.

Damn, as long as we can use the cookies it still works. For the longest time I was never able to log into PSN through PC. I still don't know the reason. Although, somehow, about a couple weeks ago, I was able to log in through my desktop PC again. Yet, no other device (Cell Phone to Laptop) will not let me log in. It's strange. So far, I can use the cookie method on my desktop. Although, I'm not sure how long that'll last. Because of this I'm gonna have to cut projects off and focus on the main operations before the door is blocked for good. :(
I guess the fun days of track building are over.

Damn, as long as we can use the cookies it still works. For the longest time I was never able to log into PSN through PC. I still don't know the reason. Although, somehow, about a couple weeks ago, I was able to log in through my desktop PC again. Yet, no other device (Cell Phone to Laptop) will not let me log in. It's strange. So far, I can use the cookie method on my desktop. Although, I'm not sure how long that'll last. Because of this I'm gonna have to cut projects off and focus on the main operations before the door is blocked for good. :(
I guess the fun days of track building are over.

The cookie is generated by PD and is generated after authenticating with PSN. I don't think PD is going to change that cookie method since then they would also have to modify their Track Path Editor. And I don't really see a point in changing it :) So I think you are good with the cookie and the only thing that can come in the future which will prevent you from modifying tracks is going to be servers being taken offline.

The cookie is generated by PD and is generated after authenticating with PSN. I don't think PD is going to change that cookie method since then they would also have to modify their Track Path Editor. And I don't really see a point in changing it :) So I think you are good with the cookie and the only thing that can come in the future which will prevent you from modifying tracks is going to be servers being taken offline.
That's good news to hear.

Started on version 3.1 of the Track Layout Creator, mainly because I realised that with the changes I made for 3.0 it would be super easy to import a .ted file and display it as a reference path.

Here is one of my old tracks, Oakhill Road, remodelled in the Track Layout Creator:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/oakhill-road.4672/

I copied the elevation and the road and deco data straight from the original, so the only changes is basically that the corners are reshaped, that the camber is recalculated. Smoother flow now, thanks to the Euler spirals :)

Hey can anyone tell me how to get the cookie to copypaste on razerman s uploader? i am on google chrome and windows (don t laugh) vista. Thanks

Hey can anyone tell me how to get the cookie to copypaste on razerman s uploader? i am on google chrome and windows (don t laugh) vista. Thanks

Log in to the GT6 community page, then press Ctrl + Shift + I to bring up the developer tools. Select "Application" from the menu bar in the tools window that appear, then select "Cookies" from the menu on the left side. Find JSESSIONID in the list that appears (should be at the top), copy the value and then paste it in the uploader.

Log in to the GT6 community page, then press Ctrl + Shift + I to bring up the developer tools. Select "Application" from the menu bar in the tools window that appear, then select "Cookies" from the menu on the left side. Find JSESSIONID in the list that appears (should be at the top), copy the value and then paste it in the uploader.
thank you

Hey guys, finished a custom course on Sierra.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/green-bud-valley.6292/
Thanks to all who contributed to the tools involved in the making of this course.

Difficult on the first few laps because of the many jumps and a couple of decreasing radius turn. Once you learn the track it's a lot of fun though :)
Great job with the roads and decos, really great scenery! My favourites are the hairpins with the houses on the hills and the slalom through the rocks near the end.

On a different note:

Track Layout Creator 3.1 is now available :gtpflag:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-toolbox.352281/#post-11706459

Changes:
  • You can now load a .ted file as a reference path
  • Reference paths are now drawn with lines instead of points
  • Selecting a polygon point displays Euler control handles. Drag these to adjust the number of segments of the corner. Note: This sets the upper limit, and if there's not enough space to fit them all, the actual number of segments will be lower.
  • The Euler control handles also adjusts the length of hairpins.
  • Cutting a line (clicking on the line with the pen tool) now properly places the new point on the line, instead of just somewhere close to it.
  • Internal files and folders (icons, scripts, heightmaps) have been moved to a folder named 'resources'.
  • Lots of structural changes under the hood...

Here is what the Euler control handles look like:
screen (12).png

Last edited:
Nice! I can take a look at the track file and see what's up with the decoration codes :)

I won't have time until Thursday though.

That does look interesting, what track is it in his list ?

It looks like the rocks & banks have been stretched vertically to make them higher.

I did always wonder if there was more codes though because I'd assume that Andalusia would carry alot more objects over from Sierra.

Ill have a look in a bit :)

Edit: the more I look at them pictures the more I think I know how he's achieved it.

Edit again: clocked it :) well done to JDM for taking the time to perfect it. It's a combination of track positioning, width, height within serpent climbs or tracks running close together at different heights & the fact that Andalusia scenery doesn't float in the air like Eifel does, it droops over the scenery & follows the landscape.

Example if you take a rock bank A+B & put it at the side of the road it'll look like a rock bank, now reduce the road width (as in reduced width road type in the code not the actual road width) then raise the road up from the landscape you'll find that the rock bank will droop & flop over the elevated road (because you got a piece of scenery designed for A+B but only A is available on the track) hope this makes sense :)

Last edited:

It looks like the rocks & banks have been stretched vertically to make them higher.

I did always wonder if there was more codes though because I'd assume that Andalusia would carry alot more objects over from Sierra.

Edit: the more I look at them pictures the more I think I know how he's achieved it.

Edit again: clocked it :) well done to JDM for taking the time to perfect it. It's a combination of track positioning, width, height within serpent climbs or tracks running close together at different heights & the fact that Andalusia scenery doesn't float in the air like Eifel does, it droops over the scenery & follows the landscape.

Example if you take a rock bank A+B & put it at the side of the road it'll look like a rock bank, now reduce the road width (as in reduced width road type in the code not the actual road width) then raise the road up from the landscape you'll find that the rock bank will droop & flop over the elevated road (because you got a piece of scenery designed for A+B but only A is available on the track) hope this makes sense :)

That's a very creative use of the assets!

Make sense? None of this thread makes sense to me, but it has been compulsive reading :bowdown:

For the next update I'm working on a navigation panel. It shows a rough preview of the track elevation, and clicking on the navigation panel centers the map on the corresponding location on the track.

The plan is that this navigation panel will allow you to select a range of the track and edit the road data or add decorations.

In the screenshot below the navigation panel is the blue field below the map. The numbers to the left indicates the highest and lowest elevation displayed.

Another change I made is that the track elevation is no longer based on the centerline of the road, but instead it samples the elevation on the border on both sides of the track and picks the lowest of these two values. The benefit of this is that the track will sit more naturally in the terrain when it runs parallel to a steep slope.

Skärmbild (252).png

Yeah, I noticed when I was checking it out, that he also dual layers his road to give the small valley on the left or right. Like double decker type. I missed out on pictures. I try to capture some later. Although @Mr Grumpy where in the code would you change these values?

Duel layer is created at the start of the make, if you notice he has loops at the end of his tracks which enables him to double back following the track back to the start line (just slightly lower).

Example: his track is made at 6 miles long but he makes his finish line at 3 miles, bringing the other 3 miles back to the start (which you will never drive on)

Make sense :)

Here's a picture on erans elevation editor at the middle point which he drops & returns to the start.
20171016_211639.jpg

Last edited:
Duel layer is created at the start of the make, if you notice he has loops at the end of his tracks which enables him to double back following the track back to the start line (just slightly lower).

Example: his track is made at 6 miles long but he makes his finish line at 3 miles, bringing the other 3 miles back to the start (which you will never drive on)

Make sense :)

Here's a picture on erans elevation editor at the middle point which he drops & returns to the start.View attachment 680755

Ah, so, that's what it looks like. Yet, did you ever figure out how he was able to generate the high rock banks?

Ah, so, that's what it looks like. Yet, did you ever figure out how he was able to generate the high rock banks?
Erm.... no forgot to check :) but I have a theory without firing up the PC.

It's either to do with the fact that the track doubles back (but lower or higher) & baring in mind that the doubled back part can be made invisible by removing the track codes in the editor but it still effects the natural track edge & you can still place scenery on that invisible part.

I'll look into it later again.

It's either to do with the fact that the track doubles back (but lower or higher) & baring in mind that the doubled back part can be made invisible by removing the track codes in the editor but it still effects the natural track edge & you can still place scenery on that invisible part.
The amount of failed loads must have been high, for research. It seems to me to resemble low level coding, even though it's not code, not getting error messages is or was a major hindrance.

The amount of failed loads must have been high, for research. It seems to me to resemble low level coding, even though it's not code, not getting error messages is or was a major hindrance.

You can actually abuse road and decoration items quite a lot. Usually the worst thing that happens is that it looks ugly :)

@Mr Grumpy
I was looking into the decoration files to see if they're any options to adjust the parameters of decorations and road structures, without the use of shortening and or lengthening the road segment.
Here is a screen shot of what I pulled up. Do you think these options circled might have something to do with it?
Question.PNG

Question.PNG

@Mr Grumpy
I was looking into the decoration files to see if they're any options to adjust the parameters of decorations and road structures, without the use of shortening and or lengthening the road segment.
Here is a screen shot of what I pulled up. Do you think these options circled might have something to do with it?
View attachment 682210
View attachment 682210
Nah, I've had that happen to me before. That's a result of extensive modding after decorating which causes the editor to spaz out & create it's own weird code for a decoration or road, normally you would build & mod your track to perfection before adding any decorations. Well I do anyway.

@Swift20B have you been able to download that guy's tracks? Whenever I try to add them to my list from the GT website it always says 'Upload Failed'. I saw @eran0004 has added one of his tracks to his list, so it must be possible. And yes, I checked I have enough slots in my list.

I was going to unplug my PS3 for good with GTS' release but this might just keep me coming back :lol:

Back