More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

Assetto Corsa
@AC_assettocorsa

·
13h

Lots of people are asking when ACC console digital versions go live. To confirm, we don't have an exact time, yet. And it may vary from territory to territory. We will keep you all updated if we get more information! Thanks for your support and understanding. #beACC

My pre-order says it will be available 11:00 today which I'm assuming will be my local time in the US CDT. But it will be tonight before I can download it anyway.

my download version from the PS store plays 100% better than the disk version i pre-ordered and returned this morning (PS4 pro)

weird

Well, finally got to give it a quick go. One lap with a controller. My converted logitech pedals aren't working with my TX. Im on a xbox x 65in Tcl 6 series.

There's 30fps then there's ACC. Its not good. I was being optimistic but man, there are serious problems here.

GT series cars always have alot of understeer ,To me it just doesn't feel right,It's great for alot of ppl though,The game is very polished

GTS feels fine to people who have played GT for years. The physics are "realistic" in a GT sort of way. PCars2 seems to have complex physics, more complex than GTS but ... a bit weird. Just like GT, people get used to the physics of PCars2 over time that it feels fine. AC has complex physics but much more natural & (to me at least) much more "real".

Ive done a few laps at Laguna Seca. Loving it so far; T-GT wheel works great with all knobs functioning . Tons of options/tuning to figure out.
PS Pro.

NOw for the six month wait to get the GT4 cars.

This game reminds me of ToCA 1. Wherein, we got official BTCC cars & tracks. Along with real scenarios(weather, race distance, full on race weekends). Love this.

WTF is this ? ACC on PC feels much better. The game feels like there is 10-15 fps on my PS4 slim. Unplayable **** right now.

Is there a way to make a refund in ps store ?

I tried again with ACC again last night. I was getting used to the low framerate, which to me, on the PS4 pro still looks lower than 30 at times, I’m wondering if the extra whistles and bells on the Pro version actually make run worse?
I tried to do some online multiplayer but every time I look at the server list the game crashes and the quick race option does nothing. I regret buying this game, I thought AC was great, this isn’t. I can see a game under that low framerate jitter that I want to play but there’s so much wrong with it I can’t bring myself to play it anymore.

This old Project Cars online community event video from my PS4 era shows brilliantly why 60 fps is a must: for driving accuracy and simulating closer to real life smoothness experience.

Just a note for new players: for some reason ($) the ACC team with its promo people (ACC pc players) are selling 30 fps now as a new standard in console gaming. Don't buy that claim. It is a step backwards! Demand more!
This whole ACC console mess feels so weird and wrong.

I don't get this at all, ACC on PS4 Pro is just terrible. Would have been better off as a DLC of AC which ran WAY better. Originally GRID ran just as bad on the PS4 but Codemaster released a patch that brought it up to standards. If the unreal engine can run MotoGP or Supercross games (espeicially the Supercross games) at 60fps with 20+ bikes/riders I don't get why ACC can't even seem to manage 30fps with 20 cars. I don't buy all the advanced physics talk because again the first AC ran, looked and played great . And when you have series like Project Cars, GT Sport and F1 delivery high quality, the only excuse at this tail end stage of the PS4 for ACC to be like it is, is simply a lack of effort

That video is 30fps. You'd be better off linking to a 60fps video.

They are? Where?
Pcars was very close to 60 fps with PS4 even with the hardest environment settings. That's a fact. Test and comparison videos can be found on YouTube.

Yes they are. Social media platforms, for example.

Pcars was very close to 60 fps with PS4 even with the hardest environment settings. That's a fact. Test and comparison videos can be found on YouTube.
Well, not exactly with the hardest conditions if Digital Foundry is to be believed. They reported anywhere from 40-45 to 50 under the hardest environment settings.
But that's beside the point. My point was that if you want to show how good 60fps is compared to 30fps then you need to link to a 60fps video, not a 30fps video. :)
Yes they are. Social media platforms, for example.
I assume you meant selling ACC with it's advanced physics as a new standard. Not 30fps as a new standard.

yeah but the game does not run at 30, it fluctuates 30, 33 and even 45 on ps4 and not the pro.
As far as I can see, there is no proofed evidence what console model runs how. There has also been cases where big fps drops occur with boosted ones (the game was never promised to shine more with the upgraded consoles - just noting that).

Back