Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
To put things into perspective about what it takes to make money in this game.

I've had GT Sport for a bit under two years now. In that timeframe I've played it on 591 days, driven for 740 hours, and earned slightly over 199 million credits. On average that's around 337,000 Cr per playing day and the average driving time is 1h 15min per day. A large amount of those days I've spent only time trialling so no credits earned. Admittedly I've played a lot - but I've also made a load of credits. On the other hand I haven't rubberbanded at all, all those hours are true driving time, and it includes the 322 Sport mode races required for the Platinum trophy. On top of that I've won some 800 races in the GT League and no, they aren't all Premium Sport Lounge or Nostalgic 1979 races.

If someone did only a quarter of that, translating to around 150 days over nearly two years, and skipped the time trialling part to win more races in the same time, making 60 million wouldn't be out of question by any means. It would mean a couple of days, an hour of driving time each, per week.

Before someone shouts GET A JOB, well I don't need two of them. Working a normal eight hour day and spending another couple of hours away from home nearly daily.

What? You can buy some cars through PS Store and some you just can't? What the 🤬 is the logic behind this?

PD want those cars to take a lot of time to get. Simples.

Also. Why the hell is 20 million credits the limit? All the credits you make after reaching 20 million just go where exactly? The game stats show that I've made 45,822,000 credits so far but I've been at 20 million for quite some time now. So does that mean that 25 822 000 credits just vanished? Because I definitely have not spent 25 million on cars. I got 99% of my cars through daily workouts.

If you're sat at 20,000,000 any credits you've earned are effectively lost, if you knew you'd been sat at 20,000,000 where did you think they were going?

Last edited:
Roughly half an hour a day nets you 500K (sarthe & BMB), i fully understand life gets in the way, but half an hour a day seems feasable to me. So 40 days * 500k = 2mil
so in lil over a month you should get at least one of those cars.

0.02c

Last edited:
well this thread exposed a couple of fanfolks .

im im with you op , there should be away to get them cars with out doing grind tricks .

I don't think this is about "fanfolks" nor about people wanting everything upfront. Like in real life people have different things they want and in GTS some want to work hard for credits/cars and others want it mahalla. Both are relatively right and both are relatively wrong, depending from which angle you look at it. The rich want to pay less taxes and the poor want the rich to pay more taxes, so who to please. Perhaps neither will ever be pleased, but in a 1st world society respecting each other's views normally goes the furthest - lashing out at others NEVER resolves anything, just shorten life span. .

Can you buy a 10m credit car with real money and then sell it in game for credits? If so, how much do you get for it?

Can you buy a 10m credit car with real money and then sell it in game for credits? If so, how much do you get for it?
No, it's classed as a gift car.
Can't you spend some bucks in the PS Store to buy some in-game credits there and use those said credits to buy the car that you like in the game?
No, you can't buy GT Sport credits in the PS Store.

p78
Roughly half an hour a day nets you 500K (sarthe & BMB), i fully understand life gets in the way, but half an hour a day seems feasable to me. So 40 days * 500k = 2mil

0.02c

Thats when I play online that's what I
p78

0.02c

You assume that I can or want to play everyday. You can't spin this it's to hard for the normale player that games for fun and likes cars to get those cars. Like I said I play mostly the daily online races and some free riding on tracks Iike. That won't make you enough money. I want to play what I like and not what I must to get some money.....

O and I don't want it for free but I want it whitout playing 356 days a year 30min a day........

I assume nothing, i'm just doing the math for you.

If you really want those cars, then that is what you need to be doing. Also, it's 13m and 7m for those races so that's only 20 minutes.

the less you play the longer it's gonna take.

also for fun and giggles: 365 days * 500K = 182 500 000 credits :gtpflag:

Art imitates life

GTS is a Japanese work of art

Working life in Japan is a grindfest

QED

I remember when my non-gaming brother saw me doing a long race on an oval track on GT3 he called it "Japanese Torture".

As a casual gamer I think it's all about balance, FM7 rewards you cars too easily, but repeating the same races time and time again just for credits isn't the answer for me.

I made a decision to skip GTS because when announced it had no classic / historic content. My hobby is organising online classic race series inspired by historic events. This I was able to do with GT5 and GT6, but the need to grind for the cars which we wanted to race was always a problem for the type of people who wanted to join in i.e. mature people interested in old cars, with limited time for gaming.

I find it a great shame that GTS is now gaining content for which I would want to organise online races, but the current game economy conspires against this.

I do not understand PD's attitude to, probably the fastest growing sector of motorsports - the racing of historic cars. These cars are so much more than museum pieces and deserve to be used for the purpose for which they were built - racing!

Last edited:
What I also don't get is why people are offended because people think it's to expensive.....

What I mean by a full time job and kids is that I don't have always time to play when and how long I want. I also have some other games I like to play and when I have time for GT I want to do some hot laps on the Nordschleife or do some dailys and after that the day is over because of work that's starts 5am.

Again, I don't ask for free I want to play for it but now it's to extreme ands some cars i just never will have and that's a shame because i like the game I like cars and I want to drive them......

What makes me mad is that after 2 years I still do not own those 10/20 million cars because I don't earn that much. I only play sport mode when I have time and now I am at 6million. It's just stupid that I can't play whit all the cars in the game I HATE it! It's getting me mad!!
Is it safe to assume you haven't touched the offline part? On my alternate ID, I did a play through, without buying any cars, and just using gift car. I'm at 98% game completion, and have a little over 16 million. No repeated races, just one and done.

I know it's taboo, but you could run the boring race at BMB once per playing session. Takes less than 15 minutes to get around 375k, which will add up quick. I doubt there's many that have driven fewer miles than me, in the nearly two years since this game came out, but I've managed to buy multiple 10 million + cars, doing just the daily workout, but maximizing my time.

The economy is definitely not ideal, but it's very workable, with minimal effort, it just takes a while.

Frankly, I'd rather it be like this, than the way it ended up being in GT5-6. Where I was constantly buying high credit cars, so not to throw away credits. I'm practically there now, as I had been buying W08s to stay off the 20 mill limit. Now I just don't do the workout, and got straight to the livery editor.

Oh jeez are we really doing this again fordlaser? Using negative, blaming language about peoples personal lifes?

Seriously...negative blaming language? What kind of professional victim nonsense is that?

Having a full time job and kids is a "problem" now huh? Im wishing you best luck in your life.

OMG, he didn't say those things were a problem. He is simply saying that If you can't spend as much time playing a game as you'd like, because of your lack of free time, that it's not the games fault. You people are ridiculous.

Participation trophies all around!!!

Last edited:
A brilliant trick for coping with insane demands made by video games - just don't do it. I will play as much as I want, and if I end up with the credits I will buy one 20m car and go without the others.

There is so much to enjoy in life and so little time, you will never do everything. We have been trained to work and finish things with over a decade of schooling and this even carries over to how we approach leisure time until it causes stress. Break the mindset. Do what you enjoy!

What makes me mad is that after 2 years I still do not own those 10/20 million cars because I don't earn that much. I only play sport mode when I have time and now I am at 6million. It's just stupid that I can't play whit all the cars in the game I HATE it! It's getting me mad!!
You'll be able to get yours eventually someday. Trust me. ;)

You need to hook up the rubber bands while your at work. It's always nice to come home to a few million credits and your daily workout complete.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels GTS is too grindy. Really, the economy is the worst I've seen in this game, so why not include log-in bonuses? Why does PD feel that its players likes to grind? I shouldn't even be working this hard just to obtain a few 10 to 20 mill virtual cars. Instead of locking away these cars they should at least be available to drive in arcade mode (but you know, that's too much to ask from this developer right?) I mean, all this "free content" and I can't even access them? Are you kidding me?

And also, I don't want to buy these cars through the PS Store just to drive them for a few minutes, than never drive some of them again unless I'm in the mood. In fact, it's not even a choice. In PD's head, it's "If you don't want to grind away, than just buy the cars with real money."

Why do you think microtransactions exists in this game? Not even GT League is fun to play since it was all slapped together to form an "offline mode". It feels lifeless and no care was put into it. No rewards like in previous GT games, and it's all just chasing the rabbit...

Where else can you make money in the game that isn't boring or mindless grinding? Arcade mode? That hardly gives out any money even on the hardest difficulty to buy most of these cars at such a number, and PD are just adding more and more cars to the game with no other way of obtaining them.

You'd think PD will have it in their head to include these cars as rewards in GT League through easy and fun events you can quickly finish on a regular basis (especially when you have free time in the day). Again, that's too much to ask from PD. It will defeat the purpose of microtransactions after all.

If only that were true...

I got back up to 15m credits and purloined myself a classic Miura, to go with the 330 P4. Two unicorns down, several to go...

I looked at the entrant list for the Nostalgia events and my heart sank when I saw all the "not owned" unicorns listed :(

Next up for me will be the D Type Jaguar. Especially as I'm at Goodwood Revival on Friday :D.

Did someone say D Type...? :D

20190913_142459.jpg

Latest Posts

Back