Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
Just bought the 250 GTO on the weekend. Fully tuned it can win the La Sarthe race even without corner cutting. Performance is comparable to the Shelby Daytona (similar power, but lighter) but it doesn't have adjustable downforce so understeers a bit more in high speed corners. Engine sound is godly though, much improved from GT6 👍

I would say in terms of speed ranking, it goes like this:
330 P4
XJ13
Mk IV
Daytona = 250 GTO
Alfa Giulia (can only win by corner cutting)

Good luck to all those still grinding away. Except for one month my whole GTS playing time has been grind grind grind since January update. Never missed a daily marathon and yet never once luck is on my side (except I got the Daytona for my birthday, but I've already bought it by then :banghead:). It can seem like an insurmountable amount of money but if you set yourself little goals and be consistent daily you'll get there. I suggest 2 races a day of BMB until you can afford the 330, then do 5 races of La Sarthe each day. Just 30 minutes each day and you'll get there 👍

Now I'm freed from grinding, time to wreak havoc online :D

Just bought the 250 GTO on the weekend. Fully tuned it can win the La Sarthe race even without corner cutting. Performance is comparable to the Shelby Daytona (similar power, but lighter) but it doesn't have adjustable downforce so understeers a bit more in high speed corners. Engine sound is godly though, much improved from GT6 👍

I would say in terms of speed ranking, it goes like this:
330 P4
XJ13
Mk IV
Daytona = 250 GTO
Alfa Giulia (can only win by corner cutting)

Good luck to all those still grinding away. Except for one month my whole GTS playing time has been grind grind grind since January update. Never missed a daily marathon and yet never once luck is on my side (except I got the Daytona for my birthday, but I've already bought it by then :banghead:). It can seem like an insurmountable amount of money but if you set yourself little goals and be consistent daily you'll get there. I suggest 2 races a day of BMB until you can afford the 330, then do 5 races of La Sarthe each day. Just 30 minutes each day and you'll get there 👍

Now I'm freed from grinding, time to wreak havoc online :D

I just can't force myself to do this :lol:.

There's so many other cars and events that you can participate in (using different cars in different tunes, i might add), but to buy these 10mil+ cars in reasonable time you must pretty much repeat certain races, use only certain cars for max Cr. bonus and also try to keep the race clean, which is difficult on its own due to how stupid AI in GT League is.

And even if you earn 1 million a day (like fordlaser suggests to pretty much everyone), it takes around 20 days to buy one car. Through simple calculus you find out that you need 120 days to buy all expensive classics. 4 months of playing certain events in certain cars just to get these classics.
And DWG is just constantly screwing you over.

Nah, can't be bothered unless PD boosts up the credit rewards somehow

If you're that short of time I wouldn't bother trying to get the 20 million cars. I played the game normally for months and still had to grind the last 6-7 million and honestly it sucked.

Sticking on earphones to listen to some random podcast and then sitting there doing the same boring race again and again was mind numbing.

Then after all that time you finally save up for the car you want and it's great. ..to start with and then just like any car on GT Sport you get bored of it. Then you get annoyed that you've wasted all that time getting this one car!

And I've had Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa waiting to be played while I wasted my time on GT Sport.
I play what I want to. Sport mode is great because atleast I can go face to face with other people along with their antics thus makes me feel like my skill is tested. Plus the chance of finding new friends and new car livery I haven't seen before.

If I do bored online, I'll play offline with a bit of GTLeague. But thing is I would not waste my time "working" on BMB to get my GT Salary. Nonono, 8 hours is enough not including life things and other games. Wouldn't do any further work in my life.

GT6 ironically does it right. Its quick match pays considerably more than the career mode. Why GTS doesn't boggles me especially when the game markets sport mode as a main course.

There's so many other cars and events that you can participate in (using different cars in different tunes, i might add), but to buy these 10mil+ cars in reasonable time you must pretty much repeat certain races, use only certain cars for max Cr. bonus and also try to keep the race clean, which is difficult on its own due to how stupid AI in GT League is.

And even if you earn 1 million a day (like fordlaser suggests to pretty much everyone), it takes around 20 days to buy one car. Through simple calculus you find out that you need 120 days to buy all expensive classics. 4 months of playing certain events in certain cars just to get these classics.

There is no problem with the credit payouts in this game. Why players jump up & down about they want better credit payouts, is they don't play much of Gran Turismo Sport, and that is the reason why. The more you play the more credits you will get, the less you play the less credits you will get.

5 races of Le mans, so 10 laps or 130km a day

woah nah

I'm doing the 60 mins endurances while I still can and doing the Porsche and Group 1 series and its dead boring.

I do it because I need the trophy and the 420,000 doesnt go astray.

I'm used to under 50km a day. THe Monza events can be as much as 180km or so.

Do a custom race. Le Mans, 30 minute enduro, no chicane so you can drink, smoke or text because you're going slowly in a…

N100 stock Honda S660 against Gr. 1. Start in P20. Boost off. Pro level. Fuel 10x, tire wear off. Stay clean. No pit stop. 505k in 30 minutes.

👍

Granted, that's a reason. It's not the only reason though, as I'm sure you're well aware.
There is a another reason, players play the game and not earn any credits and if you do that, your not going to buy them expensive cars are you.
There is only 2 reasons why some players jump up & down and rollover about the credits, is they don't play much or play the game for a while, and not get any credits at all.

There is a another reason, players play the game and not earn any credits and if you do that, your not going to buy them expensive cars are you.
There is only 2 reasons why some players jump up & down and rollover about the credits, is they don't play much or play the game for a while, and not get any credits at all.
Ha, fair enough. I play the game a lot, and I've played recently, yet I would still like Sport mode to have better payouts. According to you there is no reason for this. Now I'm really confused.

It is bloody mind numbing. Just depends how strong your collector OCD is I guess :lol: I've been with the series since GT1 so I'm no stranger to PD's grindy ways. Whenever I buy a GT game I always see it as a multi year investment. Unlike other games where you're done and dusted in a month, or max half a year. With GT you play it until the next edition comes along (which can be 3-4 years). I always spend the first 4-6 months at least toiling away to buy all the cars, then just spend the rest of time enjoying the freedom and choice.

I agree the grind in GTS is even more painful than usual because of the economy. I was lucky because I utilised the pitlane glitch a lot earlier and have already bought every car in the vanilla game. Apart from the 7 most expensive cars, all the new update cars aren't that painful to grind for. I bet the extra events that come with each update are more than enough to cover the costs. Some people get lucky with the daily spinner. I'm certainly the worst case scenario, but even with that and having an 8-6 day job it's doable without going insane.

Slow and steady. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

I've made a little over 13 million credits since I bought the Daytona on Sept. 12th, doing solely 2 races everyday at Le Sarthe Nostalgia, and a couple hours of lobby racing on Tuesday nights.

Is it ideal? Certainly not, but considering the small amount of time I've spent racing, I think it's a pretty quick return in the investment. I'm less than 2 million away from paying for the Daytona I bought roughly 6 weeks ago, just doing 33 miles a day.

I have 20 million but there is not a snowball in hell's chance of me spending all of it on one car now.

I'll leave it to chance.

Once a day.

For somewhere under 12 minutes.

That is Gran Turismo Sport.

Luckily I won not one, but TWO Ferrari 330 P4; one was a daily workout gift, the other was off some Circuit Experience, so I did this championship easily. Now PD only needs to introduce something like the Auction House on Forza Horizon games, or just bring back the old friends trading such as in GT4.

I think that is part of their plan, to keep us active. We may not like it, but it sort of makes it presence known.

Here's my first take on this with the Daytona.

Mine is 490hp 960kg which is a result of Lvl5 power and Lvl2 weight (this probably cost 30,000 points!).

5 spd box 300km/h top on road courses. 320km/h or so on Le Mans. Hammer Gaming tune. I have plus 2 wheels so 17" rims but I doubt this makes a difference.

Monza.

Got gold 1st go! Granted I only rolled one 330p4 and he was easy to overtake but he engaged rocket boost on the straights and was pretty aggressive on the corners trying to overtake me in a completely unsportsmanlike way. The Daytona does corner well.

Le Mans.

3rd. I rolled 3 x 330p4 opponents and they're just too quick on the straights. I'm only doing 310km/h at best. You could probably do it with a more consistent drive.

St. Croix.

2nd. I can do this consistently but again, a 330p4 is always like 10 secs ahead. Its a fun drive though.

You can RNG a more lenient field and/or cut corners if you wish but its a challenge.

I kind of doubt that a Lvl5 weight reduction will do that much but the 330p4 is around 790kg so...

Because the Australian driver did well I got gifted 250k credits and 5,000 points so of course I dumped the points into the holey grail Daytona.

So now the car is down to 930kg and at Lvl3 this is where it stops as all further weight upgrades only allows you to add weight (who's going to pay 9,000 points to ADD weight????)

I also lowered the ride height the lowest it can go to get more speed. I dont think its affected the handling but I go get more top end at Le Mans.

So what's the results?

Well Le Mans I got 2nd. 1st shouldnt be too far away.

St. Croix I got 1st! Amazing race holding off two 330p4s...

Top speed is just ticking on 315km/h or so. Downforce is at lowest, I feel like low and max doesnt make a huge diff to handling.

So basically this little adventure with the Daytona may end soon unless they add more content tomorrow.

Why an economy system at all? What's this whole mindset that vehicles must be earned? I didn't buy a game to build Rome. Oh wait... I did do that. It's called Cities Skylines!

Somebody said to sell all the cars in the garage and it's fine for me, because I use only some cars (<10). The problem is they are "gift cars" and can not be sold.
This masturbation for earning big amounts of virtual money is insane. GT Sport is the best racing platform but seeing it as a game, it's way much "experimental" (incomplete and mercenary game)

Well I recieved my first 20,000,000 car off the wheel tonight,

1CA1D5DD-5FA9-48A3-8D49-C40EF7453F69.jpeg

Yes I have 20,000,000 of them :banghead:

I'm not a fan of grinding but I did it yesterday... 11.000.000 Cr. in 7 Hours on BMB with McLaren F1 N500 (315.000 in 11,5 Min always, because this car is so fast and easy to drive). Meanwhile I listened some podcasts.

I just wanted already to have Ford MK IV Race Car, and bought it. And you know what, I'm glad to have this baby in my garage. I have already played today using this car and have on my account 3.500.000 Cr. from just having fun with Ford. And it's only beginning. :)
I think that I will buy still only the Alfa Romeo, because it seems to be such a cool Race Car.

You don't need to buy them all, only these which you find worth attention.

Daytona cannot win sadly, especially if 330p is on pole... I mean, it could potentially win but it's pace is far off 330 and Jag.

Fastes opponent that I had was driving 330p4 and did race in ~6:48.

Clean times that I got with each car max tuned and with setup

330p4 ~3:19
Mark IV ~3:21
XJ13 ~3:23
Cobra Daytona Coupe ~3:38
250GTO ~3:42

HOLY 🤬!
A Greek AI driver, wow I'm impressed

Somebody said to sell all the cars in the garage and it's fine for me, because I use only some cars (<10). The problem is they are "gift cars" and can not be sold.
This masturbation for earning big amounts of virtual money is insane. GT Sport is the best racing platform but seeing it as a game, it's way much "experimental" (incomplete and mercenary game)
Ummm, what?

New meaning to grinding for credits right there kids...

Back