Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
I did Goodwood first in the old Aston and got eaten alive. Did it again in the XJ13 and it took 2 goes. Damn the AI is fast. It forces you to push it to the limit and risk it aroung Goodwood to keep up, feels very dangerous unlike the plodding LeSarthe race where you can overtake most people on the first straight.

Did Sardegna first time. Do I get a medal? Ah yes, a gold trophy. Not the most fun course, and the P4 AI span me out when I was level with them, so glad I don't have to go back.

The Sardegna race is doing my head in.

I've gotten the best results with a max power, min weight XJ13, except there's one annoying green Ferrari P4 that's clearly supposed to be more powerful and aggressive than everyone else, and it winds up being a lot like racing the Devil car in Ridge Racer. You have to keep blocking him, and if you make one mistake, he gets by you, and that's it, you're not catching up. You gotta restart.

Does anyone have a tune for the XJ13 that could work for Sardegna?

EDIT: Finally beat it, but oh my god did I have to pretend I was playing a Burnout game against that stupid green Ferrari.

Last edited:
A couple more tries in the P4 got me first at Sardegna. I was in first by lap 5, which by my standards is pretty late, but the AI definitely seems tougher on these two new events.

Let's not talk about Goodwood. There's some shenanigans going on with the AI running 1:08 laps.
I must of pulled some shenanigans today, :lol: i managed a 1:07.749 lap.
As much as i hated Goodwood when it first showed up, i really enjoy it now.:cheers:

Edit: Did a 1:05.2 on the weekend , can't believe how much fun Goodwood is at high speeds.

Last edited:
I finally reached 20 mill credits last night for the first time since I started the game, anyway I promptly bought the P4 and went straight to the Nostalgic races! What a great set of events and this car is such a sweet drive with a couple of small tweaks to the car :bowdown:

I'm going to race them all again tonight... multiple times!!! :D:tup:

Knowing now how hard work it is trying to push the Daytona into gold I would have saved another $5 mil for the 330 p4.

I did just get gold in the Sardegna race but only just... the 330 was right on my tail.

Goodwood will be the death of me...

I finally reached 20 mill credits last night for the first time since I started the game, anyway I promptly bought the P4 and went straight to the Nostalgic races! What a great set of events and this car is such a sweet drive with a couple of small tweaks to the car :bowdown:

I'm going to race them all again tonight... multiple times!!! :D:tup:

If you are just out to make max credits then stick with the first race , and then it you are up for a more "interesting race " start changing up the field of cars after each race, hehehe , you've been warned :lol:

Having a blast with the P4 around these classic car events and my main goal is to avoid all AI completely for the whole race and hopefully nab the Clean race bonus so I always lift a bit when I'm close to them as some of them are really aggressive!! Here's some of my best saves I uploaded to my youtube channel... the car set up was the same one for every event and it shows at the end of the vids 👍
Classic car events will always appeal to me and the extra credit building is all the more incentive to thread the needle carefully whilst racing them :cheers:

Race 1 - Monza

Race 2 - La Sarthe

Race 3 - St Croix
Will race that next time :P

Race 4 - Goodwood

Race 5 - Sardegna

Hopefully will be able to do faster saves when I try them again but with RS tyres instead of RH 👍

Having a blast with the P4 around these classic car events and my main goal is to avoid all AI completely for the whole race and hopefully nab the Clean race bonus so I always lift a bit when I'm close to them as some of them are really aggressive!! Here's some of my best saves I uploaded to my youtube channel... the car set up was the same one for every event and it shows at the end of the vids 👍
Classic car events will always appeal to me and the extra credit building is all the more incentive to thread the needle carefully whilst racing them :cheers:

Race 1 - Monza

Race 2 - La Sarthe

Race 3 - St Croix

Race 4 - Goodwood

Race 5 - Sardegna

Hopefully will be able to do faster saves when I try them again but with RS tyres instead of RH 👍

Wow, you were made to work hard for that win at La Sarthe! I have never seen the lead car get so far ahead of the pack and I've won this race 166 times (as of today :) ). Sure I have max power, minimum weight and a cool set-up found here, but that's not the issue.... I've never seen the lead get such a big gap on the pack, even with P4s on pole! You did a great job :cheers:

Wow, you were made to work hard for that win at La Sarthe! I have never seen the lead car get so far ahead of the pack and I've won this race 166 times (as of today :) ). Sure I have max power, minimum weight and a cool set-up found here, but that's not the issue.... I've never seen the lead get such a big gap on the pack, even with P4s on pole! You did a great job :cheers:

Yeah I was thinking that whilst racing it :P The other day when I tried it for the first time I had passed first place ages before I did with this guy.. he was 15 secs ahead of the pack by the end of lap 1 haha :lol: I will try to avoid him next time I race it ;)👍

Ok I went back and watched the replay for the La Sarthe event as I save all my replays anyway.. Is it normal for these cars to run 3'25 lap 1's on RH tyres? Here's the culprit at the end of lap 1 and I'm just about to pass 2nd place.. But my laps were miles off that lap 1 pace? Tell me that's some error in the game please :P My lap 1 Drafting 14 cars flat out was a 3'39 on the same tyres :irked:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190811002249.jpg

The lead cars laps with no AI near him for both laps were 3'25.8 / 3'51.1 :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
I’ve done this race more times than I can count (not in front of game atm, so cant give an exact count). I use either the P4 set at stock weight and power on Hard tires, or the Shelby Daytona Coup maxed out. Normally with the P4, I can win no sweat, with the Shelby sometimes it’s a struggle and requires softer tires. That said, I’ve had the odd time where I’ve loaded the race up, and even with the P4, I cannot catch the lead car. I’ve had maybe 2 times where the lead car has been so fast that the only way I could beat it was to use soft tires and do a massive dive bomb at the final chicane. No idea what triggers the AI to be that fast, because normally even with another P4 starting on pole, if I’m using the P4 I’ll catch the lead P4 on the Mulsanne on the 2nd lap at worst....but there’s that once in a blue moon where the lead P4 is multiple times quicker.

I've seen multiple people post about having stupid fast AI at Le Sarthe, but never experienced that myself. I've won that race well over 300 times, mostly with the XJ,(stock power and weight) but some with the Daytona(maxed out) With the XJ, winning was never a problem, would usually get the lead very early on the second lap. Getting the clean bonus was where the challenge was.

Had a thought the other day, wondering if your Sport Mode rating affected how quick the AI is offline? I haven't run SM in a very long time, 20 races to be exact, and have a rating of B/S. Are the people getting fast AI rated higher? Just a thought.

Is it normal for these cars to run 3'25 lap 1's on RH tyres?

No, it can't be..... I've never once managed a lap that fast!! Usually, when the gap-to-leader time first pops up it's around 25 to 30 seconds, depending how much I hang back on the first curves. But that's usually down to a couple of seconds by the start of lap 2 and generally I get into the lead very early on in the first straight. If the AI was doing 3.25 I wouldn't stand a chance!!

MMX
Had a thought the other day, wondering if your Sport Mode rating affected how quick the AI is offline? I haven't run SM in a very long time, 20 races to be exact, and have a rating of B/S. Are the people getting fast AI rated higher? Just a thought.

An interesting idea.... I'm still a "D" driver (haven't raced online for ages!) and maybe that's why I get slow-coach AI??

No, it can't be..... I've never once managed a lap that fast!! Usually, when the gap-to-leader time first pops up it's around 25 to 30 seconds, depending how much I hang back on the first curves. But that's usually down to a couple of seconds by the start of lap 2 and generally I get into the lead very early on in the first straight. If the AI was doing 3.25 I wouldn't stand a chance!!

Yeah it is definitely an error in the game... when I finish lap 1 it says at the side that I have the fastest lap of a 3'39.xxx yet the race leader run a 3'25.xxx it doesn't get registered for some reason yet it certainly happens as I have the raw replay and can watch the lead car run lap 1... he is also doing 192mph down the back straight with no draft I'm getting that speed with full draft only.. roughly 186 max with no draft 👍

MMX
I think it's plain old rubberbanding. Although I'm an A+/S driver the AI only drives stupidly fast when I'm really stepping on it myself, well evident in the Goodwood race. Originally I was driving a stock spec (with a setup of course) Mk IV on racing hards, doing 1'11s and the AI Ferraris did 1'09s when chasing me. It was a bit too close for having fun so I upgraded the Ford slightly and began doing 1'09s myself after which the AI promptly began putting in 1'07 laps. Not exactly encouraging using the hard earned mileage points to upgrade the car, or even buying a new faster car, as the AI gets a free pass and nothing changes.

Adding to what I wrote above. I just did the Sardegna race with the Ferrari, pushing it hard through the entire race with pretty much a "caution to the wind" attitude and put in a string of five low to mid 1'40 times in a row - if you can do better with a stock power and weight 330 on racing hards, it means you're going bloody fast.

Anyway, the AI driver O'Connor just casually did a 1'38,1xx... while apexing up to 50 km/h slower than I did, screwing up both hairpin exits to the long straights, and not having any more top speed. This certainly isn't cool but it's not anything new either.

See for yourself. If searching for it on the PS4, #greycap should do the trick.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gts...allery/all/replay/5223160/5053141041408901640

Last edited:
No. I got one some days ago when it was my birthday. Add your birthday to your profile and see what car you get!
You are very lucky to receive one. Unfortunately, those who aren't will still have to grind for it.

Race 1 - Monza

Race 2 - La Sarthe

Race 3 - St Croix

Race 4 - Goodwood

Race 5 - Sardegna

Why do you have speed in mph? No one is using that in real life.

We do in the UK.

We do. Although noone under 25 in the UK that I know understands it or can do any calculations in imperial as schools seem to focus primarily on metric. The BBC abandoned the imperial system years ago.

They also use it in a small country just to the south of Canada. I forget the name...:sly:

If only the US UK and tin pot countries like Liberia Burma use imperial... and you know the US armed forces, NASA uses metric in most things then I guess you're on the wrong side of history.

Granted I do MPG and miles and feet above sea level and pounds in my head given than the US and UK have such a huge contribution to aerospace and cars etc.

Not sure if Nautical Miles (length of one arc minute along a meridian. 1NM = 1.15078M = 1.85200km) are imperial or metric, but in naval/marine applications, as well as aviation, almost all distances and speeds are measured in Nautical Miles (NM or nmi for short). In aviation, most elevations are measured in feet above sea level. These are typically world wide standards, regardless of whether a local country uses the imperial or metric system.

Back