Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
I think ultimately the Mk4 is too heavy? But really its a toss up between the XJ13 and that and everyone else is way behind.

Which makes the 330-P4 quite attractive because it's a masterpiece that only weighs around nearly 800kg.

Legends say that a car with lower HP and weight while essentially having the same power-to-weight ratio to a more powerful yet heavier car would still be able to outperform it in many ways.

So would you say the best cars to get for this event would be the Ferrari 330, followed by the Ford Mk.IV?
I have all three and after driving many laps on different courses, the 330 is quickest, followed closely by the Jag, and the Ford comes in third.
My favourite to drive is the Jag.... it has a kind of relaxed feel about it. :)

EDIT - to be fair, I haven't used any of the suggested tunes available for the Ford.....

I got back up to 15m credits and purloined myself a classic Miura, to go with the 330 P4. Two unicorns down, several to go...

I looked at the entrant list for the Nostalgia events and my heart sank when I saw all the "not owned" unicorns listed :(

Next up for me will be the D Type Jaguar. Especially as I'm at Goodwood Revival on Friday :D.

View attachment 761880
Hey @PAPAMOVIL try this tune out for me, and see if it still handles like a boat at sea. Please give me feedback on this tune and if needed I make some changes to get car right.

Name Of Car: Lamborghini Miura P400 Prototype CN.0706 '67- N400

Paint Body: Soul Red

Power Level: 4 Weight Reduction Level: 4

Power Ratio%: 99 Weight Reduction%: 90

Traction Control: 0

Tyres: Front: Racing Medium Rear: Racing Medium

Brake Balance (Front/Rear): 0

Suspension
Ride Height mm: 97/112
Natural Frequency Hz: 2.20/2.30
Anti-Roll-Bar Level: 10/8
Damping Ratio (Compression) %: 64/66
Danping Ratio (Rebound) %: 94/96
Camber Angle (-) Degree(s): 0.7/2.8
Toe Angle Degree(s): Out 0.15/In 0.20

Aerodynamics

Downforce Level Front: n/a Rear: n/a

LSD

F/R

/7

/14

/30

Transmission

Final Gear At: 5.500
Max Speed km/h: 200
1st: 2.401

2nd: 1.733

3rd: 1.342

4th: 1.185

5th: 0.905

Final Gear: 3.567

(^^ Adjust Final Gear To Suit Track)

If, like me, you've just spent 15m on a Miura, only to find it handles like a big wide boat, you'll be a) extremely disappointed and b) wanting to refer to @fordlaser excellent tune above which I found in the Tuning Forum and which makes the car a pleasure to drive, instead of a nightmare...! Good work all round.

Now I can properly practice driving round Goodwood for the rest of this evening rehearsing for my trip to Goodwood Revival tomorrow. Just in case a replacement driver is needed at short notice who knows the track :D:lol:

If, like me, you've just spent 15m on a Miura, only to find it handles like a big wide boat, you'll be a) extremely disappointed and b) wanting to refer to @fordlaser excellent tune above which I found in the Tuning Forum and which makes the car a pleasure to drive, instead of a nightmare...! Good work all round.

Now I can properly practice driving round Goodwood for the rest of this evening rehearsing for my trip to Goodwood Revival tomorrow. Just in case a replacement driver is needed at short notice who knows the track :D:lol:

Reminds me of dropping $10mil on the Giulia TZL or whatever it’s called and finding that it is impossible to win with even at max speed.

Many thanks for liking my tune sirjim73 :cheers:.

Hey @TrafficEmpire so the $10mil on the Giulia TZL or whatever it’s called, is it worth buying or not ?.

Can the Cobra Coupe win in stock form?

I have a 330P but looking for my next buy. Top of list so for are Cobra, MKIV, D-Type.

What makes me mad is that after 2 years I still do not own those 10/20 million cars because I don't earn that much. I only play sport mode when I have time and now I am at 6million. It's just stupid that I can't play whit all the cars in the game I HATE it! It's getting me mad!!

After reading the article about a new Forza about alle cars from the beginning.

It's getting me mad, after 2 years of playing allot of Sport mode I still don't have those expensive classics. And never have I win one in the daily......

I think it's just stupid I can't play all the content in the game because of it and I don't understand why this is not a ploblem. That I must race for it is fine but this is just stupid by now....

I can't be the only one whit this problem? And don't come whit the tricks and rubberbands on controller crap. I am a normal guy with a full time job with kids that plays games when I have time left in a day it would be nice if I also can play whit those cars someday whitout doing stupid crap to get some cash........

Give them atleast all in arcade mode....

I am at 6 Milion now....... It's going way to slow!!

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading the article about a new Forza about alle cars from the beginning.

It's getting me mad, after 2 years of playing allot of Sport mode I still don't have those expensive classics. And never have I win one in the daily......

I think it's just stupid I can't play all the content in the game because of it and I don't understand why this is not a ploblem. That I must race for it is fine but this is just stupid by now....

I can't be the only one whit this problem? And don't come whit the tricks and rubberbands on controller crap. I am a normal guy with a full time job with kids that plays games when I have time left in a day it would be nice if I also can play whit those cars someday whitout doing stupid crap to get some cash........

Give them atleast all in arcade mode....

I am at 6 Milion now....... It's going way to slow!!

I think you can buy them through PS Store with real money. I don't know how much they're asking for them, but I don't think it'll ruin you financially if you have a full time job. 👍

I think you can buy them through PS Store with real money. I don't know how much they're asking for them, but I don't think it'll ruin you financially if you have a full time job. 👍
I concur. Just spend some bucks in the PS Store if he doesn't want to grind anymore. Simple as that.

Last edited:
..I was going to make a post to the extent of "how long until someone comes in here to make some ridiculous notion about how the game can never ever be at fault for anything even if the game is horribly unbalanced and they should know by now".

Then it turns out that'd already happened. I'm going to enjoy watching this from the sidelines.

Personally, I'm also not a fan in general of game content being locked behind countless hours of grinding just for the sake of grinding to unlock that content.

When I've paid real money to own & play a game, I don't like it when those games put up extremely high artificial barriers between me & the content I already paid for.

...But I'm also not particularly interested enough in those specific few $10/$20-million cars to bother grinding for them, so I'm not too bothered about them just sitting in the museum. :)

...However, just in case the RNG gods are watching - I would be grateful if any of those high-priced cars ever happened to be randomly gifted to me in-game. :bowdown:

I think you can buy them through PS Store with real money...

Nope. I checked in-game. The cars over $10 million can only be bought with in-game credits, not with real money. The $10-million-credit cars cost $9.99 (US) each to buy with real money from the PlayStation Store.

Last edited:

The most expensive cars you can't buy there.......

The most expensive cars you can't buy there.......
What? You can buy some cars through PS Store and some you just can't? What the 🤬 is the logic behind this? That is just ridiculous. In that case I'm with OP on this one.

Also. Why the hell is 20 million credits the limit? All the credits you make after reaching 20 million just go where exactly? The game stats show that I've made 45,822,000 credits so far but I've been at 20 million for quite some time now. So does that mean that 25 822 000 credits just vanished? Because I definitely have not spent 25 million on cars. I got 99% of my cars through daily workouts.

Last edited:
You are not alone.
You mean:
SphericalHospitableBillygoat-size_restricted.gif

I don't get those types of cars very often. Either I do some grinding for every 1-2 hours each day for every week, or hope to get such a car as a prize (which can be frustrating since a duplicate is likely from time to time).

Train the kids to grind while you're at work?

But you're right @PorscheHD, after two years of sport mode 6mil is a pretty silly balance to show for it.
I don't know what PD's logic is, maybe they're trying to encourage us to play offline more :ill:

Last edited:
Back