• 896 comments

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
United States
NJ/USA
Blitzbay
Blitzbay
Well, seeing as it's been over a year since I started the 2014 thread, how about we kick off the 2015 season thread? A bit over a month before the NFL draft so who do you think your team is targeting and who do you want them to target?

I hope that Dallas targets secondary help with their first three rounds. They have the 27th pick in rounds 1 and 3, and the 28th pick in round 2, plenty of time for pieces to fall in the right places.

Sidebar: Looks like my prediction is coming true. Dallas has just announced the signing of DE Greg Hardy, formerly of the Carolina Panthers, according to CBS Sports. His two day stay here in Dallas was to go through the formal paperwork to sign him, including a physical. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Last edited:
I don't really have any expectations for the Lions. I just hope that they'll go at least .500 this year which is the same thing I usually hope for every season.

I am cautiously optimistic about the Jets. They might win 6 - 8 games this upcoming year.

Yeah, but I'm happy for Clay. That is just silly money. If he gets hurt within two years, it'll be like he made top 5 receiver money. He can pull a Chris Borland after his first winter in Buffalo. Lol.

If Carolina can draft a good LT (granted they signed Michael Oher to a 2-yr deal) and a nice WR2 than I think that we could top the south again. Not looking forward to face Dallas this season, really not looking forward to seeing the Kraken go after Cam. The secondary looked really good the last four games of the regular season, but they did get exposed when we faced Seattle, we did sign Kurt Coleman, which hopefully he will be more reliable than Harper (granted Harper did have some nice plays). Overall I can't wait for this season to start! (I was also shocked the extended Greg Olsen's contract! I was so freaking happy!)

I thought they played a good game vs Seattle but Russell Wilson made a couple of great plays against them.

Hate to break it to you, but Michael Oher is garbage.

I'm expecting another 9 to 10 wins and a one-and-done for the Bengals. As long as we have Marvin coaching and Andy throwing, it's a done deal.

All I know is that Chip Kelly will be going all-out for Marcus Mariota.

nd a nice WR2 than I think that we could top the south again.

I was hoping they'd do something about getting another WR in FA, Ginn Jr is a nice addition to have back (especially if he can re-capture his 2013 form) but he's a slot receiver at best. Hopefully they find someone in the draft to complement Benjamin.

Derp:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ts-cameron-jordan-and-jordan-cameron-confused

xwcpbt5.png

I make my debut to the 2015 NFL season thread, but for a not-so-nice reason. Spare a thought for Chuck Bednarik, who died at the age of 89. You may have heard of the Bednarik Award in college football, honoring the best defensive player. The Hall of Famer was an 8-time Pro Bowler and a 2-time NFL champion. He played his entire pro career for the Philadelphia Eagles. Chuck Bednarik played his college ball at Pennsylvania. Here is a link with more on C. Bednarik: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...the-bednarik-award--dead-at-89-151946296.html

How will you remember Chuck Bednarik?

It seems this whole thing with AP isn't blowing over anytime soon.

Personally, I have no idea what AP is so angry about seeing that he was the one that got himself suspended in the first place. Sure the Vikings may not have "had his back" (which they kind of did seeing they were going to start him even after the allegations), but they are a company that is very much in the public eye and needs to maintain a good image.

I also think he needs to think long and hard about what exactly it is he wants and how he's going to get it. Just look at the facts where they are right now, he's a 30 year old running back that is coming off a mostly missed season, all while being the subject of a monster contract. There is no way the Vikings are going to be able to unload him with those things aligning (they have already ruled out releasing him). What he should do in my view is play the first few games to establish he is still good and make it clear he is willing to re-structure his contract once the Vikings find a team willing to take on his contract. In other words, if he really wants out of Minnesota, he may want to help us one last time.

Having said that, I don't really care if he plays or not seeing the Vikings will be lucky to finish 8-8.

Adrian Peterson being 30 is not an issue. The guy is a freak. He's literally stronger than the linemen in the weight room. He will play at a high level like a Brett Favre of running backs.

He will play at a high level like a Brett Favre of running backs.

Like he did in 2013?

He only had 5 games with 100+ yards. Don't get me wrong, he can still be a good RB, but I just don't see many teams willing to pay close to $13 million for what will probably be an average running back (Even if he restructured he would probably be asking for too much).

He's a HOF candidate for sure. I kind of had a gut feeling that he was going to retire sooner or later because his production was beginning to drop and he was starting to miss more games due to injury.

Polamalu's best days were behind him, anyways. Still going to go down as one of the best NFL safeties of all time and I'll miss seeing him play. Unbelievable amount of respect for him on and off the field.

Back