pCARS Patch Notes - 1.4

You mean 1.4 will only affect the global FFB settings? Do you have a link as i was asking about that on the PCARS forum but so far no response.
I read it as if they were going to change up the global settings a bit and not have all those Fxyz sliders set to 100%, but something different. I doubt it's going to be per car.

I read it as if they were going to change up the global settings a bit and not have all those Fxyz sliders set to 100%, but something different. I doubt it's going to be per car.
In any case if the global settings are way different, then the individual ones will be affected too.

In any case if the global settings are way different, then the individual ones will be affected too.
yes it depends on how many of the individual sliders they'll change, especially the ones that even people like Jack Spade didn't change. will be interesting for sure. I'm slowly starting to understand what the Fxyz and SoP sliders do and have tweaked Jack's settings a bit on a few cars for my own taste, don't particularly want to adjust everything again though.

You mean 1.4 will only affect the global FFB settings? Do you have a link as i was asking about that on the PCARS forum but so far no response.

I am just basing that on how people reacted to the 1.3 patch on xbox one. There were complaints about issues after the patch with FFB.. the solution was to reset to defaults, re calibrate wheel & pedals, then reenter the global FFB settings that you had before.

Obviously we will not know for sure until the 1.4 patch is released. If they do make background changes to the FFB to how much force is put on x, y and z I would be surprised. From my understanding of reading the patch notes, they are just changing what the defaults are based on community feed back. This is why I suggested you screenshot, write down, or record what your current global settings are before installing the patch.

Currently Fy is over powered - this is why almost all the FFB gurus have the same pattern in a majority of the individual car settings like Fx 60 Fy 35 Fz 75, Mz 90 - if that is corrected with this update it would be a big pain in the ass.. as people would have to take the time again to find the proper balance.

yes it depends on how many of the individual sliders they'll change, especially the ones that even people like Jack Spade didn't change. will be interesting for sure. I'm slowly starting to understand what the Fxyz and SoP sliders do and have tweaked Jack's settings a bit on a few cars for my own taste, don't particularly want to adjust everything again though.
What do the SoP sliders do for you? Tried them but i couldn't feel the difference.

What do the SoP sliders do for you? Tried them but i couldn't feel the difference.
I found a post in the WMD forum from some guy who cranked his SoP sliders up so as to feel road bumps more, then I saw the new bumps one from Spade that was similar but he only increased one of the sliders (lateral I think).

some of his classic settings (which I've been using) felt too light over curbs etc to me, so based on what I read, I raised SoP scale to 100, and SoP lat & SoP diff to 70 or 80, it made a huge difference to curbs. actually was a bit too much as going on grass made my wheel vibrate uncontrollably, not clipping, but massive bumps. since then I've lowered SoP scale back to match the Master Scale (as Jack does) but have left SoP lat & diff up fairly high (currently both on 80 for my Lotus 78).

the difference I immediately noticed was (obviously) curb vibrations but more surprisingly I could feel the back end snap straight, as if the whole car suddenly came under control out of corners. this has only been one night of work so far, but this is how I'm going to proceed from now. I've even lowered global FFB to 80 (until the centre spring patch goes live).

i think with his classic settings you can't feel the ground or rear end properly, haven't used his others yet, but my bastardised settings seem ok so far.

EDIT: i've just noticed that for the Lotus cars he has also raised these SoP values in his classic settings, unlike most other cars. i'll probably end up tweaking other cars too then find out SMS will make their own new FFB settings better than mine anyway and i'll have to start again lol

Last edited:
@bleeder I've been using the fz one for that, and it makes bumps and curb feel a bit better but still lacking, will give SoP a new try then. Does it only relate to that?

@bleeder I've been using the fz one for that, and it makes bumps and curb feel a bit better but still lacking, will give SoP a new try then. Does it only relate to that?
no idea really haha. crank it up to 100 and see what you think. i just noticed my Mz scale was much higher than his setting, don't know how i put that in wrong, so i'm going to probably spend the rest of the night messing around with this and see what i come up with.

@mister dog i think the best way of determining whether or not the curbs/bumps FFB is too high is to drive over the grass. i just applied Jack's classic settings with SoP scale at 80 and my wheel almost took off! way too high. i think i'm going round in circles again:banghead::P

Any idea when the patch will go live on ps4?
We haven't been given a date yet. There is something within the patch that is part of an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). The date of the NDA needs to pass before the patch goes live, Sony also need to test the patch.

Ian Bell said, "long days to short weeks"....... so hopefully that means that it'll be a couple of weeks at most. We'll have to wait and see.

We haven't been given a date yet. There is something within the patch that is part of an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). The date of the NDA needs to pass before the patch goes live, Sony also need to test the patch.

Ian Bell said, "long days to short weeks"....... so hopefully that means that it'll be a couple of weeks at most. We'll have to wait and see.

Cool thanks.

Btw. Is that the same Ian Bell from Elite back in the day?

@mister dog i think the best way of determining whether or not the curbs/bumps FFB is too high is to drive over the grass. i just applied Jack's classic settings with SoP scale at 80 and my wheel almost took off! way too high. i think i'm going round in circles again:banghead::P
I think this will be dependant from wheel to wheel (hence why a lot of different FFB sliders are so important). I'm guessing you use a G27 or a T300 as people that own one say the strength is through the roof? Changing the SoP sliders with my CSR just gives me a better feel from the road and what the back of the car is doing (like the description says). Even with SoP scale at a 100 the curbs feel the same to me as if it were on 0.

I think this will be dependant from wheel to wheel (hence why a lot of different FFB sliders are so important). I'm guessing you use a G27 or a T300 as people that own one say the strength is through the roof? Changing the SoP sliders with my CSR just gives me a better feel from the road and what the back of the car is doing (like the description says). Even with SoP scale at a 100 the curbs feel the same to me as if it were on 0.
yeah T300. the difference is massive to me. this is why there can't be a 'one size fits all' in regards to FFB (I read your debate with GTandy the other night and you both had valid points). I guess the effects for you are actually better, SoP is meant to allow more feeling from the rear, for me it can make some surfaces seem way more bumpy than they should be, the SoP scale felt like driving over big pebbles. think I'll stick to just tuning the cars from now on:tup:

yeah T300. the difference is massive to me. this is why there can't be a 'one size fits all' in regards to FFB (I read your debate with GTandy the other night and you both had valid points). I guess the effects for you are actually better, SoP is meant to allow more feeling from the rear, for me it can make some surfaces seem way more bumpy than they should be, the SoP scale felt like driving over big pebbles. think I'll stick to just tuning the cars from now on:tup:
Dunno if that's known already as there's this T300 debate over at the PCARS forum, but the effects you are experiencing are wrong, so if it hasn't been mentioned better do so for the sake of your companions ;)

Dunno if that's known already as there's this T300 debate over at the PCARS forum, but the effects you are experiencing are wrong, so if it hasn't been mentioned better do so for the sake of your companions ;)
I was actually going to ask earlier what the best threads were on the official forum in terms of reporting bugs, glitches etc as it's a bit of a minefield over there. so many threads I'm not sure which ones would even get picked up by the devs

ok ok! it's just that once I find a car I like I can't stop driving and tuning it until I'm satisfied, usually is a few days at least lol

LOL fair enough i know what you mean!! But i'll be online tomorrow evening after 8pm so hopefully see you then mate! ;)

I was actually going to ask earlier what the best threads were on the official forum in terms of reporting bugs, glitches etc as it's a bit of a minefield over there. so many threads I'm not sure which ones would even get picked up by the devs

if you honestly cant find a post about your bug (check the known issues thread) write a clear post in the technical help and support for your platform (not emotional or angry) describe when, where it happened, add video if possible and they will check it. They posted mine with the clio flying into the air .. it was a known bug but they commented on it and put it into the known thread.

if you honestly cant find a post about your bug (check the known issues thread) write a clear post in the technical help and support for your platform (not emotional or angry) describe when, where it happened, add video if possible and they will check it. They posted mine with the clio flying into the air .. it was a known bug but they commented on it and put it into the known thread.
ok cool. I'm sure most of mine will be known seeing as they happen a lot (dropped audio, no grid lights, erratic wheel movements, that kind of stuff). will check it out cheers

Back