Pics of yourself

• Thread starter keeno_uk
  • 32,465 comments
Had my first ever injury snowboarding yesterday, I decided to get into a fight with a buried rock and unfortunately the rock won... gotta say I would have been in critical condition if not dead had I not had my helmet and goggles on. Oh yeah, plus my abdomen is royally screwed right now. Anyways looking at the helmet and goggles the impact would have been directly over on on my left and right eyes.

20180227_172605.jpg
20180227_145707.jpg

This pic was taken right before we dropped into the Dakota bowl where the incident happened. It was probably taken less then 5 minutes from it.

2706.jpeg

TB
Damn, @miata13B! :ill:

Glad you're, all things considered, alright!
Got to check my snowboard today, haven't really looked at it since and it has 4 points of impact where it hit the rock. What I didn't realize was it uprooted the rock which so kindly wanted to lodge itself into my abdomen. All I can say is that I'm thankful it hit there versus 1 to 2 inches lower.

Edit: gave a good scare to my wife, thankfully she was one of the last down to the accident. My buddy Kevin along with Nikki were the first 2 of 8 there. Directly after the impact I felt my whole midsection go wet... I thought I was already starting to bleed out or totally pissed myself (neither had happened)

Right away I thought my internals were showing. First time I had total fear in my life. Rolled over on my back and could not look down. I was told I was screaming so loud for someone to check to see if I was gushing blood. Kevin thankfully checked as I was already undoing my pants and rolling down my midsection pads.

It was a horrible feeling, and after 20 minutes was able to get down to inbounds area to get carted off by ski patrol.

Last edited:
Had my first ever injury snowboarding yesterday, I decided to get into a fight with a buried rock and unfortunately the rock won... gotta say I would have been in critical condition if not dead had I not had my helmet and goggles on. Oh yeah, plus my abdomen is royally screwed right now. Anyways looking at the helmet and goggles the impact would have been directly over on on my left and right eyes.

View attachment 718135 View attachment 718134

This pic was taken right before we dropped into the Dakota bowl where the incident happened. It was probably taken less then 5 minutes from it.

View attachment 718136
When I think of what happened to Michael Schumacher, I'm glad you're ok & could walk away.

When I think of what happened to Michael Schumacher, I'm glad you're ok & could walk away.
Thank you, so am I.

Safety equipment has been built into my mind since I was young. Yeah I was that kid with knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet growing up skating in the mid to late 80's. When I learned to Ski I wore my skateboarding helmet because there were not many alternatives at the time.

When I met my wife, she got me to strap on a snowboard for the first time... which by the way your first day of snowboarding is the worst day of your life.

Even on day one I knew from skating that having pads could potentially save from injury or even worse death. I ride with knee pads, a tailbone protector that also has padding that in theory protects my hips and groin along with a helmet all the time.

In the past, I have cracked 2 helmets at Stowe mountain just by catching an edge at slow speeds. Both times saved me from a concussion or two. Both of those incidents laid a solid foundation from my views of helmets ever since skating when I was young. Better to never have to use it, but always have it there.

Thank you, so am I.

Safety equipment has been built into my mind since I was young. Yeah I was that kid with knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet growing up skating in the mid to late 80's. When I learned to Ski I wore my skateboarding helmet because there were not many alternatives at the time.

When I met my wife, she got me to strap on a snowboard for the first time... which by the way your first day of snowboarding is the worst day of your life.

Even on day one I knew from skating that having pads could potentially save from injury or even worse death. I ride with knee pads, a tailbone protector that also has padding that in theory protects my hips and groin along with a helmet all the time.

In the past, I have cracked 2 helmets at Stowe mountain just by catching an edge at slow speeds. Both times saved me from a concussion or two. Both of those incidents laid a solid foundation from my views of helmets ever since skating when I was young. Better to never have to use it, but always have it there.
I've only ever been to the snow once in my life & that tailbone protector certainly would've come in handy :ouch:

Better to be safe than sorry 👍

Ran away to Indonesia for two weeks during winter. Not a bad choice.

That’s... different from how I imagined you to look. :lol:

I’ve always imagined you to look like my version of the stereotypical Russian, instead of sporting long hair.

Went to a Mercy Me concert in Philly not this past weekend but the weekend before that. My mom won tickets by calling into the local K-Love station.
IMG_2356.JPG

After the show. Me on far right.
Really enjoyed it.

It can be streamed on IHeartRadio, but it is owned by the Educational Media Foundation.
Oh, I just suspected IHeartRadio because of the Love in the name. I mean, Boston's biggest radio station is KISS 108 and that's part of IHR.

My bad.

Back