Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
Did anyone else notice that there's only one Porsche featured?
I'm kind of afraid that GT3 RS will be the only Porsche in the game which will make every single one of us very sad.

And knowing PD, I'm probably right :/
Didn't Porsche themselves say that there is more stuff coming up?

I'm also concerned about the GT3 RS being the only Porsche being advertised. I'm not suggesting they reveal all their cards now but seriously, don't they have other footage to share??

You don't know PD that well if you think that they have a habit of only including one version of each car.

I know PD as well as anyone who played all their GT titles.

It troubles me that they've only revealed GT3 RS and not a single other Porsche - maybe a 918 Spyder or a Carrera RS 2.7 or any other Porsche for that matter. I have a feeling that GT3 RS will be included in the game on launch day but the rest will have to be bought via DLC which would be a horrible move on PDs part.

They could at least release a tease with two or three Porsche's not just one over and over again.

I know PD and Kaz are secretive but they shouldn't be in this case. It's a big deal.

I have a feeling that GT3 RS will be included in the game on launch day but the rest will have to be bought via DLC which would be a horrible move on PDs part.

I think your feelings are jumping to conclusions a bit too quick. All you know is that you have only seen one Porsche so far. There hasn't been a word about DLC yet as far as I know. If there will be DLC, then they could do it the GT6 way and give it all away for free, or they could do it the GT5 way and sell it.

If they do sell it, why would that be horrible?

Didn't Porsche themselves say that there is more stuff coming up?
Yep, that's how I read it.

I guess it's open to interpretation if you look at these things negatively, but

"Porsche is coming to Gran Turismo for the first time. Take a look at the 911 GT3 RS in this gallery and stay tuned for more exciting Porsche content for the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport (available only for PlayStation) in the near future."

sounds fairly positive to me.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/porsche/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155572058932668

I think your feelings are jumping to conclusions a bit too quick. All you know is that you have only seen one Porsche so far. There hasn't been a word about DLC yet as far as I know. If there will be DLC, then they could do it the GT6 way and give it all away for free, or they could do it the GT5 way and sell it.

If they do sell it, why would that be horrible?

No, my feelings are fine. And that's the problem I was referring to. We've only seen ONE Porsche. They could at the very least show 2 or 3. Why just the one and a GT3 RS for that matter?

We'll see in about 6-12 months. I will be pleasantly surprised if it's the exact opposite of what I expect.

No, my feelings are fine. And that's the problem I was referring to. We've only seen ONE Porsche. They could at the very least show 2 or 3. Why just the one and a GT3 RS for that matter?

We'll see in about 6-12 months. I will be pleasantly surprised if it's the exact opposite of what I expect.

No, they are not fine. Based on seeing just one Porsche so far they draw the conclusion that other Porsches will have to be purchased as DLC. That is quite a leap.

Nine-eleven this, GT3 that. Throw in a 928GTS and I'll be happy. Include a F50 and it's GT variant... plus the 333SP and the 550 Maranello and PD can have some of my hard earned bucks.

BTW, the flachbau is the best looking 911. And 8 to 5 PD will omit Ferraris that have already been in the game... deal breaker.

I'm kind of afraid that GT3 RS will be the only Porsche in the game which will make every single one of us very sad.

There was a post on Instagram from granturismo page. In the description they were asking us which models we would like to see.

Edit: Here is the pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-15-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-15-46.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
LOL, those who keep saying 'more Porsche to come...' are going to be seriously disappointed with GTSport. It is an abbreviated GT after all. When 7 is realized, PD will release a 'real' GT that those who were there 23 years ago can expect... a GT that we didn't expect.

For me, it'll be a bitter sweet experience. Beautifully lacking. Sad but true to PD's corporate culture. None of what was best in the past and fun stuff for the newbies.

I'll be completely honest... and please don't throw rocks or tomatoes at me or hurt me. I love racing/simulation games, but driving a Porsche in a video game doesn't feel any more special than any other car; but, here's my good thought. In Gran Turismo Sport, combined with the excellent graphics and decent sounds, I think that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Gran Turismo Sport will be one of the best virtual presentations of that car. It's just unbelievably amazing to look at that beast in Gran Turismo Sport, and I'd be willing to bet that with a better sound, it'd be much like the real thing. GTS in astonishing in the eyes of a non-biased console user (and I'm not saying anyone is, and no offense given). I've played them all; Driveclub, Project Gothem Racing, Need For Speed (since Underground), Forza Motorsport (since 4), Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Something about Gran Turismo just can't be beat. It's subliminal, it's unknown what it is. Maybe it's the uber-professional GUI or the ease of use, from the learning curve of driving to the easy to use menus. Either way, GTS is a real contender here.

I'll be completely honest... and please don't throw rocks or tomatoes at me or hurt me. I love racing/simulation games, but driving a Porsche in a video game doesn't feel any more special than any other car;
That's fine, as I see you've played AC and probably have a good basis for your opinion. My opinion is that any of the 911's are a pretty unique driving experience in AC. The Cayman are a bit neutral and not so special. The 918 is a death-trap on wheels (this is the only car I find questionable authenticity-wise. Based on reviews you'd think it would be a lot easier to handle.) All of the race cars are totally different from one another, even 962 long vs. 962 short. Or 911 cup vs. 911 GT3!

My advice to anyone anxiously awaiting announcement of their favorite P-car in GTS is: get Assetto and a wheel.

but, here's my good thought. In Gran Turismo Sport, combined with the excellent graphics and decent sounds, I think that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Gran Turismo Sport will be one of the best virtual presentations of that car. It's just unbelievably amazing to look at that beast in Gran Turismo Sport, and I'd be willing to bet that with a better sound, it'd be much like the real thing.
What you hear is probably what you'll get, so don't get your hopes up that those sounds will improve. I agree that nobody will beat the looks.

As for driving feel, I have become disillusioned with GT there big time. Not much there for me at all. I'm afraid I'll only play this game for the online matchmaking races, as that whole deal is spectacular. Which make/model of car I'm driving matters so little, they might as well be different liveries. All that matters is whether a car is competitive. That might change a bit once there are events with loaner cars/locked tunes only but I don't foresee finding any special joy driving a P-car in GTS over anything else.

GTS in astonishing in the eyes of a non-biased console user (and I'm not saying anyone is, and no offense given). I've played them all; Driveclub, Project Gothem Racing, Need For Speed (since Underground), Forza Motorsport (since 4), Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Something about Gran Turismo just can't be beat. It's subliminal, it's unknown what it is. Maybe it's the uber-professional GUI or the ease of use, from the learning curve of driving to the easy to use menus. Either way, GTS is a real contender here.
You're spot on about GT having a special something. It's like an Apple product in a way. Very polished, intuitive, user friendly. Easy to pick up and use and it just works, always predictable. It's got a similar set of cons like Apple products, too.

LOL, those who keep saying 'more Porsche to come...' are going to be seriously disappointed with GTSport. It is an abbreviated GT after all. When 7 is realized, PD will release a 'real' GT that those who were there 23 years ago can expect... a GT that we didn't expect.

For me, it'll be a bitter sweet experience. Beautifully lacking. Sad but true to PD's corporate culture. None of what was best in the past and fun stuff for the newbies.

Porsche themselves said that there were more cars to come.

I'm pretty sure they'd know what cars PD would be putting into their game, no?

I'll be completely honest... and please don't throw rocks or tomatoes at me or hurt me. I love racing/simulation games, but driving a Porsche in a video game doesn't feel any more special than any other car; but, here's my good thought. In Gran Turismo Sport, combined with the excellent graphics and decent sounds, I think that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS in Gran Turismo Sport will be one of the best virtual presentations of that car. It's just unbelievably amazing to look at that beast in Gran Turismo Sport, and I'd be willing to bet that with a better sound, it'd be much like the real thing. GTS in astonishing in the eyes of a non-biased console user (and I'm not saying anyone is, and no offense given). I've played them all; Driveclub, Project Gothem Racing, Need For Speed (since Underground), Forza Motorsport (since 4), Assetto Corsa and Project Cars. Something about Gran Turismo just can't be beat. It's subliminal, it's unknown what it is. Maybe it's the uber-professional GUI or the ease of use, from the learning curve of driving to the easy to use menus. Either way, GTS is a real contender here.
I'm sure it'll look great but if the physics are still lacking like they are at this point, it's not going to drive much like a Porsche and that'll ruin the immersion levels for us that really love this marque. It'll just be another pretty car with below average sounds.

They mentioned more porsche content coming so probably not

@TheProRacer

I agree and can relate (except that I've never played AC) - there is something special about GT, that no other racing game/sim can come close to. The combination of the presentation/music/sounds/physics/graphics/customization/media capturing/history/etc. is amazing. The execution is top shelf for not only a sim, but a video game altogether. I mean... this game gives us unique interior trims based on the exterior paint scheme of the car...what attention to detail... that is extremely special!! And the way they strut these vehicles on the main menus with the use of photoscapes is simply sexy :scared:.

Some refer to GT as "arcadey", but I think that's a long stretch, and really undercuts how good GT physics actually are. I'm not saying they're perfect, but I am saying they are GREAT. No regular Joe can jump on GT and put down top lap times while driving these circuits super clean. No Joe is going to be able to hop on and catch the back end of a Corvette Stingray without knowing about car control/throttle input, and then being able to translate that knowledge into a controller or a racing wheel. I feel like it rewards you even more as you increase your knowledge about car behavior. That's indicative of a great sim.

I AM hoping that the theory of @Haitauer comes out to be true (about PD using the beta to test different physics/aid levels) - that doesn't sound entirely unheard of. And there have been lots of comments to suggest that there is a magic finger (giggity) in the 1.05 update.

Regarding Porsche, I'm just hoping that they give us at least one Porsche per racing class. I'd like to get some 718 action in, and would looooooove to get in a PD expertly crafted Carrera GT:bowdown::banghead::bowdown:, however I'm not holding my breath for a flat 6 Cayman S considering their current focus on current models<--even though I prefer that rather than the 718;).

Last edited:
@TheProRacer

I agree and can relate (except that I've never played AC) - there is something special about GT, that no other racing game/sim can come close to. The combination of the presentation/music/sounds/physics/graphics/customization/media capturing/history/etc. is amazing. The execution is top shelf for not only a sim, but a video game altogether. I mean... this game gives us unique interior trims based on the exterior paint scheme of the car...what attention to detail... that is extremely special!! And the way they strut these vehicles on the main menus with the use of photoscapes is simply sexy :scared:.

Some refer to GT as "arcadey", but I think that's a long stretch, and really undercuts how good GT physics actually are. I'm not saying they're perfect, but I am saying they are GREAT. No regular Joe can jump on GT and put down top lap times while driving these circuits super clean. No Joe is going to be able to hop on and catch the back end of a Corvette Stingray without knowing about car control/throttle input, and then being able to translate that knowledge into a controller or a racing wheel. I feel like it rewards you even more as you increase your knowledge about car behavior. That's indicative of a great sim.

I AM hoping that the theory of @Haitauer comes out to be true (about PD using the beta to test different physics/aid levels) - that doesn't sound entirely unheard of. And there have been lots of comments to suggest that there is a magic finger (giggity) in the 1.05 update.

Regarding Porsche, I'm just hoping that they give us at least one Porsche per racing class. I'd like to get some 718 action in, and would looooooove to get in a PD expertly crafted Carrera GT:bowdown::banghead::bowdown:, however I'm not holding my breath for a flat 6 Cayman S considering their current focus on current models<--even though I prefer that rather than the 718;).
The mark of a great sim is not whether someone can just jump in and run fast, clean laps. You can't do that in any game, arcade or sim, until you learn the nuances of the physics and the limits of the cars. The mark of a great sim is how it compares to reality and, on that front, GT is woefully inadequate. The tire model alone disqualifies it from being on the elite level of simulation in racing games.

The mark of a great sim is not whether someone can just jump in and run fast, clean laps. You can't do that in any game, arcade or sim, until you learn the nuances of the physics and the limits of the cars. The mark of a great sim is how it compares to reality and, on that front, GT is woefully inadequate. The tire model alone disqualifies it from being on the elite level of simulation in racing games.

Wooooooofeully inadequate:rolleyes: Come on man... don't undermine my entire post to just the sentence about Joes doing clean, fast laps. GT rewards you for knowledge about car control and driver inputs - maybe that's why GTPlanet media is currently winning the SportMedia Cup?

BTW what's your opinion of the Porsche cars that you wanna see in GT Sport?

Edit: I disagree - after my history of playing GT games, I get in arcade racers and FREAKING PWN them out of the gates (Forza Horizon, DriveClub, Project Gotham, Mario Kart (unless someone gets the notorious blue shell), Need for Speed, Midnight Club, etc.). Grid was a different story though - that one did take some practice, especially those thrilling touge runs!

Last edited:
I dont get it, since when is GT a sim? Since when the pysics are crap? Arcade? Come on....... my wive can play Driveclub. GT? No way!

GT is more then onther games like AS for a bigger group that like racing on tracks without having sweat on there forehead or having to buy a steering wheel. This was always the case since GT1. So why expect now any diffrent?

Wooooooofeully inadequate:rolleyes: Come on man... don't undermine my entire post to just the sentence about Joes doing clean, fast laps. GT rewards you for knowledge about car control and driver inputs - maybe that's why GTPlanet media is currently winning the SportMedia Cup?

BTW what's your opinion of the Porsche cars that you wanna see in GT Sport?
Even though some of that logic is flawed, I agree with everything else. You get an A-.

No, they are not fine. Based on seeing just one Porsche so far they draw the conclusion that other Porsches will have to be purchased as DLC. That is quite a leap.

Yes, they are. Don't tell me how I feel, man. It's not polite.
I also wrote we'll have to wait and see. I have my opinion, you have yours. Yours can't possible be the dominate one if we don't actually know what will happen in the future.

Yes, they are. Don't tell me how I feel, man. It's not polite.
I also wrote we'll have to wait and see. I have my opinion, you have yours. Yours can't possible be the dominate one if we don't actually know what will happen in the future.

You told me how you feel, I didn't tell you. Your opinion, correct me if I'm wrong, is that there is a great risk that Porsches will have to be bought as DLC. My opinion is that you're jumping to conclusions.

Had my opinion been that no, there is not going to be DLC, then our opinions would be equal in the sense that none of us knows. But since my opinion is that you're jumping to conclusions and since you base your opinion on virtually nothing it means that I have a good reason for my opinion while you don't.

So they are not equal in that regard.

It would be suicide to announce the 911 GT3 RS in the base game and then put the remaining Porsches in as DLC.

You told me how you feel, I didn't tell you. Your opinion, correct me if I'm wrong, is that there is a great risk that Porsches will have to be bought as DLC. My opinion is that you're jumping to conclusions.

Had my opinion been that no, there is not going to be DLC, then our opinions would be equal in the sense that none of us knows. But since my opinion is that you're jumping to conclusions and since you base your opinion on virtually nothing it means that I have a good reason for my opinion while you don't.

So they are not equal in that regard.

Dude, get a grip. Nothing has been confirmed so your opinions are based on pure fiction, just like mine are. Unless you're an employee of PD or have inside information of what PD is doing.

I think they will include 2, maybe 3 Porsche cars in final game. The rest will have to be bought via DLC. Now, all I have to do is wait 12 months or so to see if I was right.

It would be suicide to announce the 911 GT3 RS in the base game and then put the remaining Porsches in as DLC.

Then why not announce at least 2 or 3 cars? There's so many Porsche's and all they could do is show us a GT3 RS? I can't wrap my head around that at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, get a grip. Nothing has been confirmed so your opinions are based on pure fiction, just like mine are. Unless you're an employee of PD or have inside information of what PD is doing.

I think they will include 2, maybe 3 Porsche cars in final game. The rest will have to be bought via DLC. Now, all I have to do is wait 12 months or so to see if I was right.

It's based on what you tell me, because my opinion is that you are jumping to conclusions when you say that the fact that only one Porsche has been shown indicate that they will sell other Porsches as DLC. That is a big leap and you don't have to be a PD employee or know what the Porsche plan is to see that.

When you say that two or three Porsches will be featured at release, while the rest need to be purchased as DLC, you're just making a wild guess. It's worth absolutely nothing. Sure, there is a chance that your guess is right, but there is also a chance that a blindfolded man can hit the bullseye from 60 meters with bow and arrow. It would be nothing more than a lucky shot.

It's based on what you tell me, because my opinion is that you are jumping to conclusions when you say that the fact that only one Porsche has been shown indicate that they will sell other Porsches as DLC. That is a big leap and you don't have to be a PD employee or know what the Porsche plan is to see that.

When you say that two or three Porsches will be featured at release, while the rest need to be purchased as DLC, you're just making a wild guess. It's worth absolutely nothing. Sure, there is a chance that your guess is right, but there is also a chance that a blindfolded man can hit the bullseye from 60 meters with bow and arrow. It would be nothing more than a lucky shot.

Cool. We'll see.

Back