Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
There is only 4 (or 2, if don't count Gr.3 and Gr.4 versions) Ferrari, one Lambo and 2 (or 1 because of Gr.3) McLaren so far, for example. Why game should have more Porsches? 911 GT3 Gr.N, Gr.3 and Gr.4 is quite enough relative to other cars.
Maybe we will see 918 Gr.N and less likely 718 Cayman Gr.N and Gr.4. But I highly doubt there will be more.

Wooooooofeully inadequate:rolleyes: Come on man... don't undermine my entire post to just the sentence about Joes doing clean, fast laps. GT rewards you for knowledge about car control and driver inputs - maybe that's why GTPlanet media is currently winning the SportMedia Cup?

BTW what's your opinion of the Porsche cars that you wanna see in GT Sport?
You posted, I responded, that's how it works. Every game rewards you for knowledge about car control and driver inputs, that's not the measure of a sim either. Not sure how being a member of a particular website translates into sim value either.

My opinion of Porsches is that no one has yet to drive them so I have no opinion. Based on what I've read about the GTS physics engine so far, I don't expect the Porsche experience in GT to touch a game like Assetto Corsa or even the upcoming Project Cars 2. It's still a beta however, and now rumours floating around that the game is delayed because the FIA isn't happy with the simulation value of GT and that gives me a slim measure of hope it'll be a little more sim like than it is at the moment.

Then why not announce at least 2 or 3 cars? There's so many Porsche's and all they could do is show us a GT3 RS? I can't wrap my head around that at all.

There's still probably at least 4 months until the game releases, they need something to keep GT in people's minds during that time. Considering Porsche has been a long requested brand that's finally appearing it seems like a prime candidate to help fill the void by announcing other models during the pre-release build-up.

You posted, I responded, that's how it works. Every game rewards you for knowledge about car control and driver inputs, that's not the measure of a sim either. Not sure how being a member of a particular website translates into sim value either.

My opinion of Porsches is that no one has yet to drive them so I have no opinion. Based on what I've read about the GTS physics engine so far, I don't expect the Porsche experience in GT to touch a game like Assetto Corsa or even the upcoming Project Cars 2. It's still a beta however, and now rumours floating around that the game is delayed because the FIA isn't happy with the simulation value of GT and that gives me a slim measure of hope it'll be a little more sim like than it is at the moment.

I like how you put this in there to help your point even though you just typed that's "not wrought the paper it's written on" LOL:cheers:

I think being a member of this community gives you an advantage - especially when we get to educate ourselves on oversteer for 5 or 6 pages in a thread <--- that is an lol, not meant to be taken too seriously.

Regarding the delay, I agree. If it's delayed to make the game better, I don't mind. GT games are usually 4-5 year titles anyway and well worth the wait. However it could release tomorrow with the current build, and I'd be thoroughly satisfied.

On the subject of Porsche, what specific Porsches would YOU like to see in GT? I think its safe to say there will be a very slim number of them for the first year or two, so if you have to choose 3 or 4 vehicles, which would they be? Not a GT vs. question, but a personal preference question.

On the subject of Porsche, what specific Porsches would YOU like to see in GT? I think its safe to say there will be a very slim number of them for the first year or two, so if you have to choose 3 or 4 vehicles, which would they be? Not a GT vs. question, but a personal preference question.

997 GT2 RS
911 Carrera RS 2.7
917 Long tail
964 Turbo S 3.6

997 GT2 RS
911 Carrera RS 2.7
917 Long tail
964 Turbo S 3.6

Nice list. That Long Tail may be a long shot lol. Had the Porshce license been lifted 5 years ago, I feel we would have had this in GT6 for SURE. And because the GT3 RS is confirmed it could be a long time before we see the GT2 RS, but would definitely be a good edition. The 911 Carrera and the 964 Turbo S would be be great models to have - It still makes me wonder about the cars they're going to be adding after launch and whether we'll get anything made before 2000.

My top 4 choices:

Carrera GT
1st Generation Cayman S
3rd Generation Boxter S (with the top down)
964 Turbo S (I remember that final scene of Bad Boys against the Shelby Cobra - rewound that VHS over and over to watch that chase:drool:)

Nice list. That Long Tail may be a long shot lol. Had the Porshce license been lifted 5 years ago, I feel we would have had this in GT6 for SURE. And because the GT3 RS is confirmed it could be a long time before we see the GT2 RS, but would definitely be a good edition. The 911 Carrera and the 964 Turbo S would be be great models to have - It still makes me wonder about the cars they're going to be adding after launch and whether we'll get anything made before 2000.

My top 4 choices:

Carrera GT
1st Generation Cayman S
3rd Generation Boxter S (with the top down)
964 Turbo S (I remember that final scene of Bad Boys against the Shelby Cobra - rewound that VHS over and over to watch that chase:drool:)

Nice. Maybe Boxster S could have a choice to have the roof up or down.

That scene was pretty nice. Just rewatched Bad Boys a few days ago on blu-ray - lots of fun :)

With the focus on relatively current cars, I would expect any addition to make sense within the focus of the game. A 718 Turbo or 6 cylinder Cayman that could compete in the four tiers makes more sense than an old Carrera/Turbo within this context.

Nice. Maybe Boxster S could have a choice to have the roof up or down.

I wonder how time intensive it is to model a vehicle with the top down and another with it down? Having the option would be great. Looks like we aren't the only ones who want that:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/opening-closing-the-roof-in-cabrio-convertible-cars.143395/

I know the top down Boxter S would be less aerodynamic on the track, but if we get some courses like the Sierra time trial from GT6, why would you not put the top down :)

"Now that Porsche is coming Gran Turismo, which models do you want to see most in our game? Sound off below!"

Maybe PD are open to our requests?

Porsche need a Group 1 and rally option in the form of a 919 and retro Group B car replicating the 959. The Cayman GT4 would also be a good option for lower classes.
Screenshot_20170929-223730-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20170929-223804-picsay.jpg
Screenshot_20170929-224012-picsay.jpg

Back