Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
Why so divisive man? I don't understand why you'd bring up the now over-saturated term just to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong man, but I genuinely think (in my honest opinion) that the sound is fantastic - for Gran Turismo. No, I totally wouldn't tolerate the sound in Project Cars but in this game? Of course I can. Things have been much, much worse. I think you're ignorant to that fact.
I like how you set the bar soo low that an ant can jump it :lol::lol::lol:

After hearing those comparisons,turns out AC has similar sounds. That's surprising. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with Porsche sound in GTS, just need a little bit fiddling and we are there. To replicate and simulate real life sound is still hard imo, in some moments they are pretty close, but there are some factors that sounds in game is still hard to catch with what we heard in reality. It is just a software nonetheless.

...The interior sounds are not bad at all, but when in the "replay" camera mode, GT:S sounds, hmm, more brrrrr while in AS it's bzzzzz. Okay, so that's not a good way to describe the nature of the sound, but AS's sounds more realistic/closer to what I've heard from the car itself. GT:S's, on the other hand, except the interior, sounds almost like it's a sample from GT6. Having seen all the improvements PDI made regarding "engine noises" in all 'em beta videos, it's a bit disappointing, really.

As I said before, hopefully they are working on improving it.

...The interior sounds are not bad at all, but when in the "replay" camera mode, GT:S sounds, hmm, more brrrrr while in AS it's bzzzzz. Okay, so that's not a good way to describe the nature of the sound, but AS's sounds more realistic/closer to what I've heard from the car itself. GT:S's, on the other hand, except the interior, sounds almost like it's a sample from GT6. Having seen all the improvements PDI made regarding "engine noises" in all 'em beta videos, it's a bit disappointing, really.

As I said before, hopefully they are working on improving it.
It's strange, considering it's the one area the sound department were able to excel in. Blame it on the beta? I flippin' hope it's so. It adds an unquantifiable immersive element to watching replays. I'd have to tear off my hand and slap someone with it if we lose this.

After hearing those comparisons,turns out AC has similar sounds. That's surprising. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with Porsche sound in GTS, just need a little bit fiddling and we are there. To replicate and simulate real life sound is still hard imo, in some moments they are pretty close, but there are some factors that sounds in game is still hard to catch with what we heard in reality. It is just a software nonetheless.
The problem is: the real life sound of GT3 RS is not an expressive sound.

Here is my attempt to put license plate on Porsche. I took some screenshots, getting rid of the black borders and slightly edited in Photoshop:

P1_waifu2x_photo_noise3_tta_1.png

P2_waifu2x_photo_noise3_tta_1.png

I think I will post more in Trailer thread :D

The problem is: the real life sound of GT3 RS is not an expressive sound.
True. This is why the GTS version of it is closer to reality than some of the other cars, because the way they do sounds more closely matches the somewhat droning and underwhelming nature of a stock GT3 RS from the cockpit.

I genuinely think (in my honest opinion) that the sound is fantastic - for Gran Turismo. No, I totally wouldn't tolerate the sound in Project Cars but in this game? Of course I can. Things have been much, much worse. I think you're ignorant to that fact.

I'm not ignorant to it, yes things have been worse, but still the sounds haven't made any major step-ups.

The mixing has been improved since they hired those new sound guys, but it's still got no bass or depth to the engines.

What I find strange is you wouldn't tolerate it in other racing games, yet because it's GT you defend it. Weird.

:gtpflag:

I'm not ignorant to it, yes things have been worse, but still the sounds haven't made any major step-ups.

The mixing has been improved since they hired those new sound guys, but it's still got no bass or depth to the engines.

What I find strange is you wouldn't tolerate it in other racing games, yet because it's GT you defend it. Weird.

Have you played other GT games?

The engine note is different and the tyre squeal is more quiet, but both sound equally artificial.
I'm actually quite sure that the exact same engine sound from the Gr.4 Corvette can be heard in GT6, with the right car and exhaust combination.

Did I not explain myself correctly?

It's like GT Fans are afraid Kaz is going to pull the plug and end the Gran Turismo series if they complain. :lol:

GT Sport does sound better than GT6, And to be honest The Porsche sound close to the real thing, but still last in comparison to every other Dev, Could be better if they put A little magic in it like exhaust pop back fire, add their own interpretation to it. I don't know maybe Kaz has Mike Caviezel on a short leash with no creative freedom. but it is good GT Sport is not the same, I'm not mad about the sound, but I thought with Mike Caviezel at the wheel GT Sport would take Leaps and Bounds in the Sound Dept, but not so, for whatever reason. Now Porsche will be added to the GT Manufacturer roster so major props to PD. Even though it took them FOUR LOOOOOOOOONG YEARS!! for A current Generation title.

But on A positive note, the one area that PD SHINES like A diamond above everyone else, Interior! GT Sport is the ONLY simulator that has complete interior: Front, Sides and also :bowdown:REAR INTERIOR!!!! which is absent from every other Sim on the market. I miss that, because I always race Cockpit view.:cool:

We agree with a variety of the complaints made. But, we don't need to complain as much since we have you. Thank YOU.

You are very Welcome Jakhole, but there is Power in numbers, and if the GT Community needs something, We All have to make our voice heard as A Community. Not fighting each other.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole Porsche deal is Great for the GT Community, and the Sim Racing community as a whole, because Porsche will be in every Racing title this year. Now that polyphony Digital has Mike Caviezel as Lead Audio Director, I hope Kaz gives him the creative freedom to not only improve the GT Engine Sounds, but also that outdated Gran Turismo 2 Tire Screech.

But those of us who haven't played Forza Motorsport 6 or Assetto Corsa may not know that Porsche 911's are very demanding to drive. The Mid engine Cayman is a thrill, That is why the IMSA Porsche RSR Team converted the 911 GTLM and WEC Race Cars to Mid Engine, which I hope will be in GT Sport and Project CARS 2, because it is in Assetto Corsa, but I haven't driven it yet, Console community is still waiting for the 1.4v Update.:indiff:

But on A positive note, the one area that PD SHINES like A diamond above everyone else, Interior! GT Sport is the ONLY simulator that has complete interior: Front, Sides and also :bowdown:REAR INTERIOR!!!! which is absent from every other Sim on the market. I miss that, because I always race Cockpit view.:cool:
I love the rear interiors in GT5/6 and I'm glad they are also in GT Sport:)

After playing GT exclusively for a long time it was pretty jarring to hit the rear view button in other games and not see an interior. :odd:. It's one of those things though where I'd rather have an option. For hotlapping I'd like the rear view available, but for close quarters racing I'd rather see as much of the track and other cars as possible.

After playing GT exclusively for a long time it was pretty jarring to hit the rear view button in other games and not see an interior. :odd:. It's one of those things though where I'd rather have an option. For hotlapping I'd like the rear view available, but for close quarters racing I'd rather see as much of the track and other cars as possible.

I agree with you 100% Johnnypenso, the view is more limited, but there is proximity indicators in GT (Well I hope they're still in GT Sport :scared:) I didn't get the Beta, but I love the immersion of cockpit view driving and all the limitation that comes with it, I try to use only my mirrors and just deal with those short comings and loving it.

I even wish there was No rear view with cars that have no rear window like LMP, and Formula cars and force the driver to be 100% dependent on the mirrors, but PD decided to give those cars the typical "No rear interior" or Open Rear view. I only use rear view in those cars if i'm online with Superior drivers, wouldn't want to ruin their race for immersion sake, but if I can use the proximity indicators I will 100% rely on those, and the side mirrors.

Really starting to look forward to GT Sport again a little:embarrassed: It seems like PD is trying listen a little:lol:. That's why good competition is so important, it keeps the Devs on their toes, but I'm still picking up Project CARS first, because it will have Porsche too, and SMS is adding Ferrari, and Lamborghini. Then I'll pick up GT Sport afterward.

I still feel Project CARS is the better Simulator. but I still have sentiment for GT.:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Actual sound of the GT3 RS
... a way better of the in game sound; they, simply, are completely deaf; i can't understand why, after had have the car for all the time nedeed to register the sound, they don't realize the difference between the actual sound and what they got with their instruments... for once that a six cilinder have a really good sound...

Did anyone else notice that there's only one Porsche featured?
I'm kind of afraid that GT3 RS will be the only Porsche in the game which will make every single one of us very sad.

And knowing PD, I'm probably right :/

Back