Porsche Is Confirmed For GT Sport - Extended Trailer Released

• Thread starter Rob-F1-Fan
  • 558 comments
SVX
I didn't say that @Brend was saying that - I was more asking how I was belittling people that do.

For what it's worth, this seems like a completely falsified claim. I didn't say at any point you were belittling anyone who had a different opinion, merely pointing out that the different opinions are there as a result of misinterpreting your use of the word excuses due to no context. (I know now that you meant in comparison to other games).

I don't mind the Porsche sounds but I do think that other games in the genre are still ahead of PD. Conversely, I'm happy with the progress being made - even if it is slower than we'd like.

Last edited:
He was suggesting the answer and I simply wrote yes, he has low expectations.

Why so upset?

I saw 2 gameplay videos and even if at low and mid revs I could hear there was something wrong, something I already heard in the previous games. And then I watched the second video again and found a high revs moment right at the end, at 0:29 in 2nd gear ==> it doesn't sound good, it's the signature sound "Made in PD" (synthesized, electronic) we've been hearing for years, modified and adapted to any car in GT5 and GT6. Simply because YOU can't hear it, doesn't mean it's not there.
By the way you wrote "decent", which means "acceptable", and not "good". Maybe you acknowledge something?
Also other people find it bad and not close to the real thing.
Some new cars have great sounds even at high revs, it's not the case for this Porsche.
Not gonna debate on this again (also because there's nothing to debate, it's there, proof on video).

You don't agree? What can I tell you....keep disagreeing.

Go on with your life and be happy, both of you.

its not that deep

If you knew the difference in sound between GT5 1.00 and GT6, I wouldn't believe you if you maintained your position on GTS not significantly improving upon the last two games. I can understand if you say it sounds similar to GT6 and that's not good enough for you. I don't understand how you can think there hasn't been a significant improvement over the Copper Box demo. Anything post-March has been a plain and clear improvement upon the majority of the better sounding cars in GT6.

It's hardly debatable. Synthetic sounds? Not anywhere near as average as what GT5 or 6's middle of the pack cars are, when going pedal to the metal.

I genuinely don't see the improvement in road cars, sorry. Maybe a touch more throaty, V8s actually sound like them in most cases, but other cases, eh. I say this as never really caring about the actual samples of GT being inaccurate, but flat. There's barely any difference there, along with how up and downshifts are handled. Fly-bys still sound like one sample at a time in an isolated environment.

A sample improvement is a great start, sure! But the main issues really feel like they're just been looked over as lower priority just so the samples seem vaguely similar.

When I stated 'I don't hear any of the GT improvement', I don't hear it within the Porsche clips. I'll definitely agree there's been a massive improvement in the race cars' audio, but there's still aspects that just make it feel so underwhelming to listen to for some reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to find a reason to always hate GTS, as I am genuinely loving the design function of the rest of the game, eSports catering excepted - and really looking forward to GT7 as a 'full' GT Sport.

For what it's worth, this seems like a completely falsified claim. I didn't say at any point you were belittling anyone who had a different opinion, merely pointing out that the different opinions are there as a result of misinterpreting your use of the word excuses due to no content. (I know now that you meant in comparison to other games).

I was hoping my last post would be the end of it all, if I'm honest. :/ I misinterpreted you too, then - because it definitely felt like it to me. Mistakes, aye?

That's not right either. It's not comparing it to other games - people have acknowledged the inaccuracy of sounds and excused them 'because Porsche is in the game', as I've pointed out (and was quoted a few posts ago). If that's how people feel, that's fine. All I stated is why in 2017, a pioneer of the genre, a triple A developer backed by a massive company, needs excusing in such a core part of a simulator for many (especially for such a long time). It doesn't make sense to me.

It sounds like a Porsche alright. Why are you people always so critical? Either I must have very low expectations or I'm pleased rather easily in the context of Gran Turismo.

It sounds like a porsche? You must have amazing hearing 'cause all I hear is the standard GT vacuum cleaner.

Like honestly, it's laughable that they still haven't got the sounds right after 20 years.

It sounds like a porsche? You must have amazing hearing 'cause all I hear is the standard GT vacuum cleaner.

Like honestly, it's laughable that they still haven't got the sounds right after 20 years.

Ha! the only reason I'm posting is because my main takeaway from the Porsche video, other than it looking really good, was that it sounded like the same old GT.

At certain times you can hear that it does sound like the actual car, but overall it has that same GT wide open throttle exhaust note.

Seriously though, why cant these guys get engine sounds right?

Is it possible that the way they make the rest of the game(coding?) could keep the sounds from sounding right?

The sound is 100% accurate.

Interior sounds are 100% spot on for a video game. The high rev sounds from the outside sound like most of the GTS cars I've heard. Much like older GT games the high rev notes just seems to phase out of the uniqueness and "digitalise itself". One good example were the old Pagani Zondas in GT6.

Was the laughing smiley at all necessary?

He literally said "To me" yet for some reason, you HAD to make that response.

RACECAR chill bro, Some GT Fans are too uptight about GT, I'm A GT fans as well and still planning to buy GT Sport. Polyphony Digital has no one to blame but themselves about GT Fans becoming Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, and Forza Motorsport Fans as well.

Four Years for the PS4 Console Release?:confused: That is ridiculous! Trying and enjoying other Racing Simulator titles while waiting on the PS4 release of GT, I became A Big fan of all of the other Simulator titles too, So now GT is no longer in it's own Galaxy now it has Strong competition.

But All the titles have their Strengths and Weaknesses, Assetto Corsa has no Dynamic Weather or No Dynamic Day Progression No Cosmetic Damage, No livery Editor and A low track count. but It has really good physic that you can even feel with A controller, Really Great Force Feedback. and The Best Engine Sound and Laser Scanned Tracks.

Project CARS is the best Racing Simulator on Console in my opinion. because it has the most feature: Dynamic Day Progression, Dynamic Weather, Dynamic Track Evolution, even has a Really Good Career mode. Great Sound, and Physics. The only thing it's missing is A Racing Number editor for Online racing to distinguish two cars that have the same livery. and IT DOESN'T HAVE 100% Laser Scanned Tracks. (And it has not Confirmed Porsche Yet!!:indiff:)

GT Sport is going to have night Racing, but NO Dynamic Day Progression, and No real Offline Career Mode, but it will have A livery editor this iteration of the series which is Great (I LOVE To Paint). And it will have PORSCHE!:D but GT has the notorious unwelcomed worse engine sound of them all. It is better but lagging behind the rest of the pack of Devs fighting for our interest, So lets NOT fool ourselves and become Fanbots.

Forza Motorsport has NO Online Multi Player Regulations or Penalties So a lot of the drivers are dirty (Cutting the track and colliding with other drivers) But It has Really good Offline Racing, but no Qualifying. Forza Motorsport 6 has really good Physics, and Graphics, it has Great Engine Sounds, A TON! of the Vintaged Cars All car enthusiast dream of driving, and A Ton of Laser Scanned Tracks. So there is Strong & Weak features in them all,

But in my opinion Project CARS 2 is going to be the Simulator of the year on console. So it will be my first purchase of all the late 2017 releases Because it offers the Most features.

Hats Off to PD for announcing Porsche for GT Sport lets hope they will have at least seven different models, but we all know how slow Polyphony Digital is:lol: So realistically I expect about four, but I'm hoping for the later.

The shifting in GT still sounds really artificial and it seems to be missing backfires and all that good stuff but the engine note sounds almost the same... Disagreeing is fine but do you really have to laugh at me and treat me like some kind of fool? This is why I don't post here much...

Wallpaper, wasn't trying to treat you like A fool, Sorry bro, didn't mean it that way. I thought you were being sarcastic or just A Over Hyped GT Fan. My response was short because the difference in the two devs were just that different so it was laughable to me, and in my opinion the shame isn't yours it's Polyphony's. I wish GT will sound like Asseto Corsa or Forza Motorsport too, but I doubt if that happens, but it is improved. So lets keep Polyphony Digitals feet to the fire until they give us what we want.:cheers:
:bowdown:PORSCHE

Last edited:
SVX
Saying it's 'good enough' because it's better than previous games - but still behind competitors - is an excuse. I described that people were making excuses, not how they were, either
I don't get how noticing an improvement and liking it and the direction, all the while acknowledging that it's still not up to par, is an excuse. That doesn't make much sense to me. That's outright acknowledging that it's not the best, so what exactly is it making an excuse for?

Last edited:
The flames were just extinguished, yet you decided to throw an entire jerry can into the pile and then set that on fire.
You're right The Choosen One. I changed my comment to "Some GT Fans" That was a little crass on my part:dunce:, I'll wear the dunce hat for that one, Comments like that helps no one. Thanx Bro.:gtpflag:

I didn't say GT has the only critical userbase or anything of the kind. I meant to say there are people of a certain nature who don't know how to be content. There's more to it. I know I'm generalizing.

Ok. They haven't been trying their best. They just go to work everyday to get away from their families. Working in the video game industry and simultaneously the motor industry isn't stressful. Nooooo.

It's one thing to work toward perfection (in certain areas like the graphics). And it's another thing to expect perfection in all facets of the game. Saying something isn't good enough is expecting perfection in a way. I say that for dramatic effect and I get it's a stretch. No one's going to be satisfied with everything, though I am also tired of seeing nothing but complaining from certain people.
Some literally only come back to this section of the forum to moan or take a jab at whatever's the buzz that day. These are the people I'm talking about. Only complaining and saying it's constructive criticism doesn't make it any less annoying.
Who is expecting perfection in all facets? This the typical way for some posters on GTP to excuse why certain people aren't impressed by PDI's products of late. I fully expect that when the game is released we will see complaints about graphics too, as i have already seen complaints about the graphics. Also didn't say PDI dont't try their best, i questioned the age old fallacy that Kaz\PDI are perfectionists.

As for the cockpit view of the Porsche being accurate, You're comparing a rather dull GT sound to dull YouTube compressed sounds of a recording of a Porsche of which we have no clue of the quality of the audio recording and the mic used. There was another video posted which sounds completely different to the GTS sound, so which video is a closer reproduction to reality? I struggle to believe it's the dull muffled sounding one.

He was suggesting the answer and I simply wrote yes, he has low expectations.

I was reffering more to this part:

Because I have good hearing.
Yes, you have low expectations

Seemed unnecessary since there didn't seem to be anywhere in his sentence that required what seemed like a snappy response.

RACECAR chill bro, Some GT Fans are too uptight about GT, I'm A GT fans as well and still planning to buy GT Sport. Polyphony Digital has no one to blame but themselves about GT Fans becoming Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, and Forza Motorsport Fans as well.

I just found the response to someone, who clearly said "to me" and didn't seem like he was presenting as fact (unlike certain rose tinted fans), came off abit like you were mocking him. I'm not against differing opinions, just not for responses that either appear way too snappy or mocking.

Imo it doesn't sound bad. I still heard those typical flat 6 sounds and it is decent. Yes, it is decent because they already have a good sample, but they need to do a little bit tweaks on the engine pitch. Just a little bit... then we are there. And don't tell me about the gearbox and transmission, PD still have a long way to make it right lol. Otherwise it is fine I guess

Well, a simple words to make this clear imo is "I hope the sound in Porsche trailer is a placeholder". Hopefully it is the truth. Hopefully...

I just found the response to someone, who clearly said "to me" and didn't seem like he was presenting as fact (unlike certain rose tinted fans), came off abit like you were mocking him. I'm not against differing opinions, just not for responses that either appear way too snappy or mocking.

Listen Bro, I am A Snappy dude, but to be honest with you, I wasn't even trying to be nasty, He just took it all wrong. You guys are far too sensitive, To the the point where a comment like "Not Even Close LOL" gets you all agitated.

This whole conversation is laughable, Any GT fan knows Engine noise is PD's Achilles Heel, And for someone to say GT sounds like Forza Motorsport6 would have to be kidding. I think even Kaz would take that as A joke and pile on.

All that caught my eye was GT sounds like Forza, and I piled on with a little comment. I mean really can't you see how long winded I am?:lol: If I thought he was serious, I would have type to him the five paragraphs that I typed to you. Even if I saw he said "to me" it wouldn't have made any difference to me. An odd POV intrigues me, so I still would have commented either way. Not being rude because someone has A different POV, but curious what sustains it.

I'm never deliberately rude to anyone unless they are rude to me, I had no reason to be nasty to him that's why I explained my intent. And that's all I have to sat about that.:cool:

Listen Bro, I am A Snappy dude, but to be honest with you, I wasn't even trying to be nasty, He just took it all wrong. You guys are far too sensitive, To the the point where a comment like "Not Even Close LOL" gets you all agitated.

This whole conversation is laughable, Any GT fan knows Engine noise is PD's Achilles Heel, And for someone to say GT sounds like Forza Motorsport6 would have to be kidding. I think even Kaz would take that as A joke and pile on.

All that caught my eye was GT sounds like Forza, and I piled on with a little comment. I mean really can't you see how long winded I am?:lol: If I thought he was serious, I would have type to him the five paragraphs that I typed to you. Even if I saw he said "to me" it wouldn't have made any difference to me. An odd POV intrigues me, so I still would have commented either way. Not being rude because someone has A different POV, but curious what sustains it.

I'm never deliberately rude to anyone unless they are rude to me, I had no reason to be nasty to him that's why I explained my intent. And that's all I have to sat about that.:cool:
👍👍 For the Forrest Gump reference:sly:

....makes judgement on GTS Sounds based on a compressed youtube video through PC speakers or ear buds on their phone.....

:gtpflag::gtplanet:
Even then, I can't understand how some people expect everything to sound just as it needs to be. Down to the sound of how much the paint job would affect the insulation. The sound has improved by a lot. I know there can be improvements made, but I couldn't give a flying squirrel if they don't make them after this point.

And this talk about Kaz retiring, what? People wanted Kaz to change it up from the same boring old formula (which I could live with) and now some (few?) people are saying they don't care for it. Then the game isn't for them. Plain and simple. It must be easy to find something else.

Why so divisive man? I don't understand why you'd bring up the now over-saturated term just to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong man, but I genuinely think (in my honest opinion) that the sound is fantastic - for Gran Turismo. No, I totally wouldn't tolerate the sound in Project Cars but in this game? Of course I can. Things have been much, much worse. I think you're ignorant to that fact.

Back