PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,970 comments
Praiano, the maxed PP Evo IX with the swap is competitive at 800 PP level despite not quite reaching 800 PP. I wonder if you'd consider such a tune? Not really a request, just bringing it up.
Like @Meythia says , no way for the EVO IV to compete against any 800PP car with 900 HP and a lot more downforce for most.

EVO IV is only 733PP , 788HP and a low downforce available even maxed.

Like @Meythia says , no way for the EVO IV to compete against any 800PP car with 900 HP and a lot more downforce for most.

EVO IV is only 733PP , 788HP and a low downforce available even maxed.
But Evo IX (not IV) does compete, I've tested it. Evo IX has diffuser available and hits close to 780 PP when maxed.

But Evo IX (not IV) does compete, I've tested it. Evo IX has diffuser available and hits close to 780 PP when maxed.
It really depends on the circumstances.
Have a look at the Sardegna 800 leaderboards:
absolutely possible for road cars to beat that race.

But have a look at Sardegna 800 leaderboards:
road cars dont beat race cars, not even a close call :)

If you think you can compete there (be competitive), feel free to do so ;)

Last edited:
It really depends on the circumstances.
Have a look at the Sardegna 800 leaderboards:
absolutely possible for road cars to beat that race.

But have a look at Sardegna 800 leaderboards:
road cars dont beat race cars, not even a close call :)

If you think you can compete there (be competitive), feel free to do so ;)
Depends on what you mean as competitive, and against which cars.

To compete for the absolute top spot at 800 PP, on any track (save for SSX), only Gr.1 cars are viable, and I believe everyone knows that. Hence Praiano's earlier comments on the GT-One, which has been made into a Gr.2 car in the game, without the same downforce and power level of a Gr.1 car. It's not viable against Gr.1 cars, but it's absolutely fast enough to win 800 PP races by a landslide.

The Evo IX is competitive against its brethren (other road cars), though, with lap times that rival or even beat Gr.3 cars, while having similar fuel consumption to a Gr.3 car.

To compete for the absolute top spot at 800 PP, on any track (save for SSX), only Gr.1 cars are viable...
800PP is Gr.2
Gr.1 would be 850 to 900PP

I wondered what you based your comment of "competitive" on, because you didnt specify what you meant in the first place.

Of course a road car of x PP is competitve against another road car of x PP.
There are just exceptions both upward and downward the scale of cars either totally overperforming or absolutely not keeping up.
A 600PP Toyota Alphard can win Tokyo WTC600 and with that is competitive against the AI, but it is absolutely not competitive against most of the cars ingame that are tuned to 600PP, and that by a large margin.

You're right , i've read EVO IV instead IX. Sure the rear diffuser and engine swap turn the car very competitive for WTC800 , It's only 1 stop on Daytona , you can use racing soft even you'll 0 front right tires for the last lap 5 and 10 , it's ok , the car is still sane and relatively fast. Just need max power , downforce and a longer gearbox. 700PP suspension is ok.
1713390984659.png
1713391001206.png

It happen again for the 2d time , a weird bug on my Fanatec DD pro. On le Mans Nations race today , just out the pit stop end lap 5 , i've had a partial lost of grip , like i was driving on a wet track . Losing around 4 seconds / lap during 3 laps. Everything coming back to normal for lap 9 and 10. Weird. I hope they will do something to correct this soon. :banghead:

EDIT: I've connected my wheel to my PC with the wheel in PC mode and my wheel wasn't updated ... I'll check tomorrow if there is some changes.

Last edited:
It happen again for the 2d time , a weird bug on my Fanatec DD pro. On le Mans Nations race today , just out the pit stop end lap 5 , i've had a partial lost of grip , like i was driving on a wet track . Losing around 4 seconds / lap during 3 laps. Everything coming back to normal for lap 9 and 10. Weird. I hope they will do something to correct this soon. :banghead:

EDIT: I've connected my wheel to my PC with the wheel in PC mode and my wheel wasn't updated ... I'll check tomorrow if there is some changes.
if all else fails just hit it with a hammer 🤣

Don't do me like that man I'm auto only
It's not Praiano that do you like that, it's the game. I held out for way too long. It only takes 1-2 days of training yourself to switch. You will be happy you made the switch as it opens up many more options for cars and a much more fuel-saving strategy that is impossible with Auto Trans. You just need to figure out the controller setup that works for you. For me, it was X to upshift and [] to downshift. I use motion steering and keep the Gas and Brake on the triggers.

Abarth 500 '09 - 550PP - Sport Hard Tires - All Track - 1.38

Wide car
Rims up to you
Width wide
Offfset Wide
Front A - Side St - Wing A

It's my number 1 car 550PP for the moment. I didn't use racing brakes or pads. Just chek your braking point , brake just a few earlier. Standard brakes are still very good and you low the PP this way. You add some more power instead for a better top speed.

View attachment 1294171View attachment 1294172View attachment 1294173View attachment 1294174

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hi Maestro, it seems this car might have been changed since your post as I'm getting 562.48PP at the lowest following your settings (wide body, rim and offset wide) all numbers match except PP and rotational G (1.06, 1.13 and 1.21 for me)

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR '96 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - SWAP - All Track - 1.44
Engine SWAP: Evo-Final-Gr.B

Wide Car
Rims size "16 - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front B
Side A
Rear A
Wing Custom

I prefer this car at 700PP than 600PP , for this the original engine version is ok for Tokyo.
On Le Mans of course it's excelent due to low consumption. Also a top car on technicals tracks like Nordschleife or SPA...
You can induce oversteer or drift on corner entry , just stay late on brakes , giving some wheel angle. Not too much because you can lose the rear end easily . It's very reactive.

View attachment 1347284View attachment 1347285View attachment 1347286View attachment 1347287

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

This is such a fun, true rally style sidewaysing machine! Makes me smile! Thanks Praiano.

I've always had a soft soft for Lancers, since my first car was a '74 LA Lancer.

Some pics of it attached.

lancer 1.JPGlancer 2.JPGlancer 4.JPGlancer 6.JPGlancer 5.JPGlancer 3.JPG

if all else fails just hit it with a hammer 🤣
Updated both steering wheel and wheel base. I hope it'll never hapen again. Anyway , i love the next circuit is Watkins Glen. I hate Le Mans with all those stupid penalties.
Hi Maestro, it seems this car might have been changed since your post as I'm getting 562.48PP at the lowest following your settings (wide body, rim and offset wide) all numbers match except PP and rotational G (1.06, 1.13 and 1.21 for me)
No racing brakes or pads.

I've had this happen recently too. It was a lot worse for me before the last patch (which was supposed to fix it). There is a trick Tigdney mentioned in a video/stream that seems to work: pause the game, even for a split second, and as soon as you unpause the wheel works like normal. It's sucks when it happens still, but better to waste a split second to pause/unpause than most of a race. I wish PD would get a better fix in.

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.44
Lap under 4 minutes on Le Mans , excelent drive everywhere. Just take care of wheel spin at lowers gears.
View attachment 1346984
I didn't have this car in my collection so I bought it, tuned it and raced it. It's a great drive and (again) a great tune Praiano !

I made a livery for it inspired by a great Lanza Motorsport Giulia, it was the first GIULIA QUADRIFOGLIO racing at the NÜRBURGRING 24H 2020.
IMG_9581.JPG

Last edited:
I Know while racing lobby's someone has gotten the RX7 90' without the engine swap going as fast as the Boss and there was another car but I can't remember. I think it was the 02' Silvia

Updated both steering wheel and wheel base. I hope it'll never hapen again. Anyway , i love the next circuit is Watkins Glen. I hate Le Mans with all those stupid penalties.

No racing brakes or pads.

Toyota Alphard Ex Lounge '18 - 694PP - Racing Soft Tires - All Track - 1.41

Rims size up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side A - Rear B - Wing A

@danrdz6

Finally i did a maxed setting because the car is very fun like this. Of course the grip is fantastic , can fight with the best 700PP if the track is not so fast. Top speed is not very good due to bad CD "drag coefficient".
I'll do another specific 600PP Sport medium tires soon.

View attachment 1319548View attachment 1319549View attachment 1319550View attachment 1319551

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hi Maestro.

In this post you mentioned you would do a sports medium 600pp version, have you ended up making it and is it worth sharing? Thank you!

Are you going to update this? I can't get 1st gear that low
It’s a bug introduced in 1.44. Many of the cars won’t set first gear as high as before the update. Shouldn’t be a problem really, as the other gears can be set properly and first will still go fast enough. Hopefully 1.46 will restore the full gear ratio range.

It still worked, anyway. I used the Carrera GT for the Porsche Cup (just swapped to the appropriate tires and it was well in the PP limit)

you mean not good enough?
Slow. They work well during Kers moment and the rest of the time you're looking the others passing you. Porsche have a better balance between kers and power. At least when i tested both.

Last edited:
Slow. They work well during Kers moment and the rest of the time you're looking the others passing you. Porsche have a better balance between kers and power. At least when i tested both.
oh okey,thanks..Haven´t tried them ,i quite liked Audi R18 in sardegna circuit experience, top speed is slower than those old gr1 cars ,but so much better braking and downforce.

Back