Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
I think my hypothesis of the 914 and 928 being part of the VIP Forzathon events in 3 weeks might be true, because I've spotted both of them being driven by Drivatars:

wireh2.jpg

2jc6edw.jpg

I just found out you can add training wheels to the Reliant. That changes everything.
It makes it a potential leaderboard car on D-Class routes at Blizzard Mountain. I came close to setting a few Top 10s when I drove it there.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Something very odd just happened to me a few minutes ago... I got bored and started to do some random races, and ended up re-doing the midnight battle with the FD3S RX7 just because I happened to drive past it. Much to my surprise, once completing it, the game awarded me another RX7, which I promptly put in the auction house and sold within seconds. I tried it again to see if it would do the same, and that time it didn't give me the car... I tried the other ones (E36 M3, Murcielago and GNX) and neither gave me another copy of the car. Very weird.
I'm glad you brought this up. I tried it and got a second RX-7 as well. Put it up in the auction house for the minimum. I was just really curious to see how fast it would sell. It went for the buyout price of 19,000 cr in less than a minute.

Past two weeks with the Forza Hub Rewards, I've been receiving "4 million credits" for FH3. But I get absolutely nothing now, compared to back then, when I'd at least get my 100k.

Just out of curiousity, what project is that? Obviously it has something to do with FH3 maps but I couldn't figure it out after visiting your instagram. :)

Nm, figured it out scrolling back to day 1. :)
It's a map of all the game's race routes. It'll make more sense once I get to the final stages :)

Some Legend Painters like to Auction off all of their rare cars for millions of credits, or so the legend goes.

I'm not one of those, "I don't need the money "

I recently bought Horizon 2 since it was on sale, and I have been playing that. Of course, comparisons will be made between it and H3, and some of them are well known (There's probably more fun driving the low road to Castelletto then there ever is any of the roads in FH3) but there's a couple of other things I prefer in H2 then H3:

- Colour palette. I dunno, I kind of think that Horizon 2 has the better colour palette in the environments then H3's washed out look, even in the deepest jungles. Much more appealing to go through the flower fields and bright Mediterranean environments then the dusty back holes of Australia.

- Better locations. Not just the driving environments, but the actual cities and other misc. locations. It helps they are mostly dealing with European towns that have a lot more history then indeed Surfer's Paradise ever has, but it's mainly the fact that they are built better with little nook and crannys, and the docks on the southwestern portion of the map is a lot more fun and open to various stuff and places to hoon around in then the car park in Surfers.

- Better stock soundtrack. Can't beat the one two punch of Hospital Records and Ninja Tune.

- I also think that Storm Island is a better expansion then Blizzard Mountain was. Feels like a totally polished idea and execution of what the Rally expansion in Horizon 1 was.

- Rain effects I think look better in 2 as well. Something about the rain in 2 makes it really capture the dreariness of rain perfectly, I don't know if it's the colour palette as well, or what have you. But it feels right.

I recently bought Horizon 2 since it was on sale, and I have been playing that. Of course, comparisons will be made between it and H3, and some of them are well known (There's probably more fun driving the low road to Castelletto then there ever is any of the roads in FH3) but there's a couple of other things I prefer in H2 then H3:

- Colour palette. I dunno, I kind of think that Horizon 2 has the better colour palette in the environments then H3's washed out look, even in the deepest jungles. Much more appealing to go through the flower fields and bright Mediterranean environments then the dusty back holes of Australia.

- Better locations. Not just the driving environments, but the actual cities and other misc. locations. It helps they are mostly dealing with European towns that have a lot more history then indeed Surfer's Paradise ever has, but it's mainly the fact that they are built better with little nook and crannys, and the docks on the southwestern portion of the map is a lot more fun and open to various stuff and places to hoon around in then the car park in Surfers.

- Better stock soundtrack. Can't beat the one two punch of Hospital Records and Ninja Tune.

- I also think that Storm Island is a better expansion then Blizzard Mountain was. Feels like a totally polished idea and execution of what the Rally expansion in Horizon 1 was.

- Rain effects I think look better in 2 as well. Something about the rain in 2 makes it really capture the dreariness of rain perfectly, I don't know if it's the colour palette as well, or what have you. But it feels right.

Oh I do agree on the color palette - it looks more convincing and generally more eye-pleasing as well. However, in some regards, the car sounds have been improved in H3 as they sound louder and more visceral. Maybe it's just me, but I also feel a better perception of speed in H2. Night driving though is definitely better in H3.

Overall, I think I would prefer H3 a bit more over 2, but there are definitely a number of things 2 does better. Haven't played Storm Island and everybody says I should pick it up!

Oh I do agree on the color palette - it looks more convincing and generally more eye-pleasing as well. However, in some regards, the car sounds have been improved in H3 as they sound louder and more visceral. Maybe it's just me, but I also feel a better perception of speed in H2. Night driving though is definitely better in H3.

Overall, I think I would prefer H3 a bit more over 2, but there are definitely a number of things 2 does better. Haven't played Storm Island and everybody says I should pick it up!

Latest Posts

Back