Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Hey guys! Is there anywhere on the web where I can get an official server status? I've been unable to access certain online features in Horizon 3 for the past 12 hours.
At first I thought it was server maintenance, but those don't tend to take this long. I just wan to know for certain what the server status is before I can start troubleshooting my own equipment.

@PJTierney I'm new to this section of the forums, so forgive my ignorance, but, for what I've gathered, are you trying to create an actual physical road map of the game?

Hey guys! Is there anywhere on the web where I can get an official server status? I've been unable to access certain online features in Horizon 3 for the past 12 hours.
At first I thought it was server maintenance, but those don't tend to take this long. I just wan to know for certain what the server status is before I can start troubleshooting my own equipment.
It's not just you. The servers have been down for a while now. You can usually find out something in the official Forza forum: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics100_Technical-Support-and-Help.aspx
Unfortunately, in typical Forza fashion, they're not responding.

Yeah same here, could not add cars to the AH. Also due to blueprints etc of other players not loading the singleplayer experience between races has been a bit annoying as well, longer load times with a blank screen sometimes.

@PJTierney I'm new to this section of the forums, so forgive my ignorance, but, for what I've gathered, are you trying to create an actual physical road map of the game?
That's the plan, yes :)

I like to do a big illustration project every year that takes a few months to complete and this is what I've gone with this year.

It's not just you. The servers have been down for a while now. You can usually find out something in the official Forza forum: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_topics100_Technical-Support-and-Help.aspx
Unfortunately, in typical Forza fashion, they're not responding.

That's understandable. The team working on the game, the team keeping the servers running, and the moderators in the forums are all entirely separate. Most likely, not even in the same building. So don't expect much from the forums.

Strangely, Horizon 2 and Motorsport 6 servers are working just fine. So it must be an isolated issue that'll fix itself, or until somebody notices it.

That's the plan, yes :)

I like to do a big illustration project every year that takes a few months to complete and this is what I've gone with this year.

That's absolutely insane! Is the end goal to have it look like those gigantic road maps that you'd find a gas stations? You know the ones? Because that's an absurd amount of work just for one person. Really looking forward to seeing finished.

After all of the icon work from the past week I can now get back to the main map.

The idea is to have the outer edges of the map sheet flanked by 4 "routelists" which give information on each of the routes connected to a particular festival location. Each route has a code (YV17 is my sample) which will be referenced by an icon on the map. The start and end co-ordinates of each route are marked in the bar beside the route code. These bars will also be coloured in the same shade as the corresponding roads on the map, which I brought up a while back.

The basic idea is that a festival-goer can look up the race/route they want to attend, find the route on the map along with the start and end points which could be good places to spectate. Horizon festival competitors could also use the start and end points for obvious reasons. The arrow-like shapes hint at direction of travel, which means I don't need to add "start point" and "end point" labels to the sheet. Likewise, the blue text is the same shade as the co-ordination grid on the map, which should imply that blue text = map co-ordinates.

When I plan a layout like this I like to space things in such a way that they can accommodate the maximum amount of information I may need to add. Not every page will require notes for 17 routes for example, but I build it to do so, and then get extra free space when I have a page with 16 or 15. Same theory for the text.

I'm happy with this layout; the next step is to duplicate it for each festival location and replace the placeholder texts with real data.

So today I decided to take the Rolls Royce Dawn to an exhibition event because I haven't driven the car very much so far. Everything was good until I noticed that I was driving against at least three of these so-called Quartz Regalia things. I don't really understad why these immersion-breaking fantasy cars have to interfere with divisions. :irked:

So today I decided to take the Rolls Royce Dawn to an exhibition event because I haven't driven the car very much so far. Everything was good until I noticed that I was driving against at least three of these so-called Quartz Regalia things. I don't really understad why these immersion-breaking fantasy cars have to interfere with divisions. :irked:
You're talking about racing in that festival where it's okay to smash the back yards of Byron Bay residents, force them to rebuild their fences and then smash them down again 50 seconds later? :)

You're talking about racing in that festival where it's okay to smash the back yards of Byron Bay residents, force them to rebuild their fences and then smash them down again 50 seconds later?

Enjoying real cars in virtual form is an immersive experience in its own right. In this context the genre doesn't really matter. I have different reasons for playing both simulation and arcade racing titles, but I wouldn't bother if the experience wasn't centered around models from authentic car manufacturers.

I did capture the Warthog and Regalia for Horizon Promo, but that's all I'll ever use them for. Each to his own, but in my opinion very annoying additions.

I did capture the Warthog and Regalia for Horizon Promo, but that's all I'll ever use them for. Each to his own, but in my opinion very annoying additions.
They never bothered me, and in fact I found them fun to use. There are enough non-immersive elements in this game (jump a dead stock '46 Ford Woody 250 feet into Byron Bay and drive away like you just drove off a curb? Sure, why not) that I'm actually a bit annoyed that the Chryslus from Fallout 4 isn't in this game. I really wanted to take photographs of it streaking across the Outback for that perfect post-apocolyptic feeling.

There are enough non-immersive elements in this game (jump a dead stock '46 Ford Woody 250 feet into Byron Bay and drive away like you just drove off a curb?

I thought it was a bit strange when people turned down the Hot Wheels Expansion because it wasn't considered realistic enough. To those people it was probably worth pointing out that FH3 is the wrong game for realistic gameplay. However, when only two out of +400 cars are fantasy by-products from totally unrelated franchises, then I think my complaint is completely legitimate.

I really wanted to take photographs of it streaking across the Outback for that perfect post-apocolyptic feeling.

Fair enough. Forza players have many different car fantasies, but I still think cars like the Warthog and Regalia should be kept out of existing divisions. These cars bring inconsistency to an otherwise very consistent package.

However, when only two out of +400 cars are fantasy by-products from totally unrelated franchises

Only one. Microsoft does have a fully functional Warthog. So there is a real world counterpart.

Enjoying real cars in virtual form is an immersive experience in its own right. In this context the genre doesn't really matter. I have different reasons for playing both simulation and arcade racing titles, but I wouldn't bother if the experience wasn't centered around models from authentic car manufacturers.

To be completely honest with you, there's an option to not use these cars if you wish to drive "real" virtual ones. I myself tend to stick to the actual manufacturers.

To be completely honest with you, there's an option to not use these cars if you wish to drive "real" virtual ones. I myself tend to stick to the actual manufacturers.

I'm not talking about driving those cars, and I'm pretty sure my post implied I never would. I don't even have them in my garage.

My points was that the Regalia has been tied to the GT division in FH3. Therefore it's an opponent car when you're driving something like the Rolls Royce Dawn.

I'm not talking about driving those cars, and I'm pretty sure my post implied I never would. I don't even have them in my garage.

My points was that the Regalia has been tied to the GT division in FH3. Therefore it's an opponent car when you're driving something like the Rolls Royce Dawn.

Right. Aren't they somewhat similar though? Chassis-wise, weight class, car type and all.

I'm sure they are but still absolute oddballs compared to anything else.
Yeah sure, but so is bringing in a C-class Reliant to actually race. Odd things happen, and they aren't any more odd than something like the Issetta.

Therefore it's an opponent car when you're driving something like the Rolls Royce Dawn.

Why not just make a custom class excluding it? I find that's the better way to go anyways considering how many odd placements there are in the game, not to mention cars that fit in multiple classes.

Why not just make a custom class excluding it? I find that's the better way to go anyways considering how many odd placements there are in the game, not to mention cars that fit in multiple classes.

The fact that many of the modern American supercars sans the GT fit in the Modern Muscle class is chief among them.

Yeah sure, but so is bringing in a C-class Reliant to actually race. Odd things happen, and they aren't any more odd than something like the Issetta.

At least they are noteworthy derivatives of the automotive industry. To see a Reliant race is no more strange than sliding down a snowy mountain slope in a Ferrari. It's what Forza Horizon is. We're going in circles.

Are you talking about blueprints? I didn't know it is possible to customize classes.

Back