Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,215 comments
I think I've encountered a glitch - I was completing all the PR stunts on Blizzard mountain, and I went into a private online freeroam session to get rid of the drivatars whilst I did the drift stunts. Once I got all the stars, I was prompted that I'd received a new car, so I checked my garage and found the Ram Runner HE. Then, when I left the garage to leave the online session, I was told how many stars I'd gained in the online session, and then I was given ANOTHER notification that a new car had been added. And lo and behold, I now have two free Ram Runner HEs in my garage.

Here's hoping you get a reward for getting all the stars in the Hot Wheels expansion, because if this glitch works consistently I'm definitely gonna get the last couple of stars in a private session as well.

I love the Rip Rod. I wish it was a production vehicle that I could buy. I would have so much fun with it, out on the ocean beaches and up in the mountains on the fire and forestry roads.

Can anyone help out with some online-only achievements? I need Road Buddy (10 events in co-op campaign), Chillin' With Friends (20 online races on Blizzard Mountain), and Ice to See You (5 co-op races on Blizzard Mountain).

I've already done 2 co-op events for Road Buddy and 3 online races for Chillin' With Friends, and I don't know if co-op races count towards Chillin' With Friends. If I start 8 one-lap races of the Snow Park Circuit that should get Ice To See You and Road Buddy complete, and then I can check if Chillin' With Friends has made any progress (and if it has then we can do 11 more races just to complete it, plus however many races anyone might need to get any achievements of their own).

Can anyone help out with some online-only achievements? I need Road Buddy (10 events in co-op campaign), Chillin' With Friends (20 online races on Blizzard Mountain), and Ice to See You (5 co-op races on Blizzard Mountain).

I've already done 2 co-op events for Road Buddy and 3 online races for Chillin' With Friends, and I don't know if co-op races count towards Chillin' With Friends. If I start 8 one-lap races of the Snow Park Circuit that should get Ice To See You and Road Buddy complete, and then I can check if Chillin' With Friends has made any progress (and if it has then we can do 11 more races just to complete it, plus however many races anyone might need to get any achievements of their own).

I've had achievement tracker on while getting these and co-op events do not count towards Chillin' With Friends unfortunately. Races need to be done in Online Adventure or Online Freeroam to get it.

If I have time, I can help you with these this weekend.

I've had achievement tracker on while getting these and co-op events do not count towards Chillin' With Friends unfortunately. Races need to be done in Online Adventure or Online Freeroam to get it.

If I have time, I can help you with these this weekend.

I'm not sure when I'll be moving up to university, but I'll let you know if and when I'm free this weekend.

Is anyone willing to help a fella out?

Been trying to complete the last Forzathon challenge and I've only managed to do one co-op race. Already been through countless co-op lobbies where practically everyone is just driving around doing nothing.

If anyone is willing to help me do those last 2 races, my GT is: Legusta001

Is anyone willing to help a fella out?

Been trying to complete the last Forzathon challenge and I've only managed to do one co-op race. Already been through countless co-op lobbies where practically everyone is just driving around doing nothing.

If anyone is willing to help me do those last 2 races, my GT is: Legusta001

I'll send you an invite in a few moments.

I obtained my 2012 Cooper JCW HE. Came into a session on the second event which was convenient. Used a Countryman tuned up to S1. (I think).

So today marks one year since the worldwide release of Forza Horizon 3, on September 27, 2016. I just wanted to compliment on what a truly glorious game T10 and PG created. From the introduction of snow from Blizzard Mountain, to the insanity that revived my love for Hot Wheels, to the Hoonigans, to building custom cars, and everything in between. From blazing across the Outback, drifting through Surfers Paradise, cruising around Byron Bay, or jumping through the fields of Yarra Valley, it's all such an amazing experience. I've still played the game every day since launch (minus a vacation), and I don't plan on leaving Australia anytime soon :). I hope you all appreciate this game like I do, because I believe this will go down as one of the best driving games ever conceived!

And here's my Photocomp winning picture of the '17 Raptor just because: :gtpflag:
GetPhoto.ashx

So back in July, after I thought I'd done pretty much all there was to do and only logged in on weekends to do Forzathons, my save got eaten by the PC version's cloud saving feature. No big deal, I was finished with it anyway so I moved on.

A couple of days ago I decided to pick it up again, and so far I've played it for about 4 hours with it crashing after two hours both times. I've only done enough racing to get it to let me drive around on my own, so I've just been cruising around, re-discovering the map - I think I'm on 380ish roads driven now. The funny thing is, the very first wheelspin I got that had a Horizon Edition as a possible reward, I got it! I remember it being the one HE I really wanted the first time I played but I never got it, the Viper ACR-X, because it was probably the fastest one with the cash boost. So now I've decided to not buy any cars and save for the expensive ones off the bat, I've already got 1.1M but that's obviously been helped a lot by finding XP boards and having the VIP pass so all wheelspin rewards are doubled. In fact all I've spent money on so far is modifications for the Viper to make it more offroadable (as I'm using it to discover roads) while keeping it under the X class limit, so it did drop a few points - I haven't tried juggling parts to get it closer to the stock 998 so I'm at 990 now with AWD, dirt tyres and suspension.

I will miss my Forzathon cars, though, especially the 959...

Well, I got to the point where you unlock Forza Online and it seems the game remembered me - it re-rewarded me for all the Forzathon stuff I did, so I got my 959 back, and after sitting through maybe 50 wheelspins and selling my 'spare' 918 Spyder again I now have about 5 million credits. So the new save off to a good start.

Another funny thing, the game is very keen for me to have the barn find cars again; instead of being revealed one at a time it's giving me three at once. Just last night I got the AMC Pacer, R32 GT-R, KPGC110 GT-R, Porsche 356 and the Dino. I guess it's related to my old lost save but I'm not sure exactly how, unless it's level-related as I'm into the 80s now despite not even having fast travel unlocked yet.

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems loading images to their Forza gallery. Photos from both Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7 are not loading even though they say they are.

133mb update? Anything interesting?
This is all I can find:

"October 6th, 2017

For those of you who were affected by the white festival selection screen, this has now been fixed.

• Fixed rare issue where some players were getting stuck on a screen asking the player to select a new festival.
• Fixed blank “Custom Restrictions” flyer in Car Restriction select"

It's been a while since I posted an update to "The Horizon Project", so here's a big one.

This is a complete terrain map of Horizon's Australia.

Using the in-game map as reference, I mapped out all of the major waterways, beaches, urban buildup, trees and forestry. Up until today most of this was hollowed-out line art, which doesn't make for a good Instagram picture.

The work shown here could be a full project on its own but as it stands this is simply the background to the annotated map I have been assembling over the past few months.

This is the last key illustrative part of the project, all that remains are some graphic details and layout work.

Back