Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
They shouldnt, that's why I'm posting here :P
I think you might need to check to see if your VIP pack is installed. I logged on to play FH3 one day and the same thing happened to me and it turned out that my VIP pack was for some reason no longer installed.

I think you might need to check to see if your VIP pack is installed. I logged on to play FH3 one day and the same thing happened to me and it turned out that my VIP pack was for some reason no longer installed.
Yup, that was it. Thanks man. I recently picked up a Slim and transferred over my files, and didn't realize I had to do that.

I can't wait to hear how the ATS-V is meant to sound in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong but won't it be the first proper modern (2010s and up) American V6 in the game? Right now I've just been using the 2016 NSX sounds for it since I assume they're decent enough.

I understand that folks generally are enjoying Horizon 3 and don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but if you want a good taste of how car audio has been recreated well, check out ALL previous FM and Horizon games, including FM2 and 4 on the X360. 👍

Has anyone seen the Drivatars blatantly cheating in a race event? Was doing one of the Outback races in a stock Aventador, where i took the lead about 80% through (or so I thought), only to see a GT-R and 488 cut a huge portion of the track (and at least 5 checkpoints) to steal the win.

I'm pretty sure it's required. I've already written them off for this reason. It does, however, annoy me that the Silvia S14 reward is tied to an online event. The first time around it was awarded for completing a singleplayer drift challenge, but I didn't own the game at the time.

Far less likely? This has never happened to me before.

That's what I don't like about these 'challenges' Ift excludes players who don't have Gold and I ain't subscribing for the sake of a car or two. Well, just wait until Forza 7 comes out in the fall. It will no doubt be there.

Anyone else noticed that the Civic seems to do this a lot more than any other car?
dyuOu6n.jpg

It's pretty damn fun.

Has anyone seen the Drivatars blatantly cheating in a race event? Was doing one of the Outback races in a stock Aventador, where i took the lead about 80% through (or so I thought), only to see a GT-R and 488 cut a huge portion of the track (and at least 5 checkpoints) to steal the win.
yep, happened to me last night on my championship races

Anyone else noticed that the Civic seems to do this a lot more than any other car?
dyuOu6n.jpg

It's pretty damn fun.

The new VXR Corsa is also capable of doing it as well from when I was doing a shakedown with the new cars.

It felt like there might be a little more grip on turn in when I drove the Corsa. I was finding it harder to unstick than some cars the last time I played. It would be a good move if it wasn't just a placebo effect.

Crossposting from the DLC thread:

Recorded a video of the 599XX and Lola for those who want to hear the sounds. The 599XX simply uses the LaFerrari FXXK sounds, but the Lola's are unique.

I crunched the video quality just to upload it quicker, but I've made sure the audio is pretty much fully untouched.

EDIT: The Lola clip freezes for a few seconds at 1:39 but it comes back soon enough.

Is there anyway to download vinyl groups from others like Horizon 1?

What about other search options like searching by top ranked in terms of designs?

Is there anyway to download vinyl groups from others like Horizon 1?

What about other search options like searching by top ranked in terms of designs?

Yes there is, but the interface is pretty clunky. I believe you can still search designs with key words as well.

Yes there is, but the interface is pretty clunky. I believe you can still search designs with key words as well.

Mind telling how to search for vinyl groups then?

In terms of designs, I just really like searching by best so i don't have to weed through garbage.

Thanks! Anything for more specific search options?

I believe this is how I did it (sorry I'm at work and can't verify), from the guide:

• To really personalize your car's appearance, you'll want to search for custom decals. Press the View/Back button to Search.
Forza-6-Vinyl-Search.jpg

Using the Vinyl Search menu
The Vinyl Search menu has four meaningful criteria to help you find designs. You can ignore the Max Layers field as it's basically useless.

• Keyword 1 and 2 allow users to browse designs by category. Set Keyword 1 to see all of the designs within that category. Set Keyword 2 as well to narrow the design results.
  • Creator is a great way to find designs that friends and people you know have shared. Search for EastX to find all of my designs - be sure to hit the X button and Follow Creator as well!
  • Description lets you search for specific keywords that appear in a vinyl's description. For instance, you can search for all designs with Mario or Zelda in their descriptions. This is the best way to find just the right decal when you already have something in mind.

Did anyone else notice that they raised the price for a wheelspin to 70k credits now? Before it was 50k credits to buy a wheelspin.

You can either win the Horizon Edition one with wheelspins or win the regular one by doing enough streetraces and head-to-heads to unlock the midnight races where it's one of 4 prize cars (I think it's the 2nd one, first one is the FD3S RX7, the others are the Buick GNX and the Murcielago LP640)

Back