Release date ;)

• Thread starter MrAdam89
  • 234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope... it's a trailer...
A demo is a software with limited features you can use to get you a taste of the final product and push you to buy it...
A Trailer is simply a trailer...
So what is a gameplay trailer ? not a gameplay ? cause it s a video ?
A demo can be a video too, not specially with your software
Make non sense to have the livery editor on the demo, most time, the GTS pod is with a wheel, it isnt easy to Edit, zoom or else with a wheel

We've had no functional demonstration of the livery editor's power: all we've seen is a small pre-recorded clip of one of the already-existing liveries be recreated.

If anything, the news of pre-order items for the editor makes me think it won't be as versatile as the ones found in either Forza or the latest NFS. I hope I'm wrong.

If it's March 31st, then my wallet's gonna be a-hurtin' between this and Mass Effect Andromeda... :scared:

Demo is not a term who design to only video games
Your link is for the demo you talk, and i m with you, the demo software, or the demo you want to interact with, the ''playable demo''
But there are all kind of demo to promote something
Like trailer, there are all kind of trailer, doesnt mean it s showing the game

It's quite straight forward. He was talking about working code, a functional demo that actually runs on the hardware and shows that the feature is functioning in some form. A trailer is just a video, it proves nothing, the shots of the livery editor could've just been done in a video editor for all you know, it doesn't prove the feature actually exists as running, functional code.

There is close to no way this is the official release date. Given the latest string of news, we will be lucky if we play the game this year. Either a demo or a "this feature will be made available in future upgrade" route appears like their only escape road...

I think it should be "This feature will be available in a future game" route

It's quite straight forward. He was talking about working code, a functional demo that actually runs on the hardware and shows that the feature is functioning in some form. A trailer is just a video, it proves nothing, the shots of the livery editor could've just been done in a video editor for all you know, it doesn't prove the feature actually exists as running, functional code.
exactly...
in informatic world a demo was always be a interactive limited part of a program/game the software house gives you for free to show you how it works sp you can decide if you buy it or not the complete retail version...

A video showing a game/program is just a trailer/teaser in informatic terms...

Do if it is a video i call it trailer and not demo... ;)

I mean, I'm sure I don't have to make a list of everything seen in trailers that either didn't happen at all, was completely different to the trailer or came much later? Good, because I've not got three days to spare.

I mean, I'm sure I don't have to make a list of everything seen in trailers that either didn't happen at all, was completely different to the trailer or came much later? Good, because I've not got three days to spare.
But was the stuff in those trailers 99% similar to the final game?

exactly...
in informatic world a demo was always be a interactive limited part of a program/game the software house gives you for free to show you how it works sp you can decide if you buy it or not the complete retail version...

A video showing a game/program is just a trailer/teaser in informatic terms...

Do if it is a video i call it trailer and not demo... ;)
In informatic like you said, it simply call Trial

Adding some super useful information to this thread.. when I look it up on Amazon USA it says Release date is Dec 29th 2017.

I am still betting on 2018.

It's interesting how another game like FFVII Remake is set at 31st Dec, and yet GTSport is earmarked for 31st March.
But while that's curious, I doubt there's any legitimacy in the date.

Still, never say never.

It's interesting how another game like FFVII Remake is set at 31st Dec, and yet GTSport is earmarked for 31st March.
But while that's curious, I doubt there's any legitimacy in the date.

Still, never say never.
...and never say, "Soon".

Adding some super useful information to this thread.. when I look it up on Amazon USA it says Release date is Dec 29th 2017.

I am still betting on 2018.
That is a placeholder date. Any video game release date after Christmas and before January is always 100% placeholder.

March : Horizon Zero Dawn (Sony first party game), Mass Effect.
And a new console available from a relative unknown company with an indie launch game...
Even if Gtsport were ready for March, this month is too busy.
A Switch and Zelda : about 400e here in France. Sony discounts its games quickly (UC4), Nintendo almost never.

I'm not saying GT Sport will launch in March. Just that I'm bedding that we will get a future release date from PD on March 26. So the launch could be July or August, even September:). I'm guessing, just like the rest of you guys. I don't think that we will have to wait to 2018. We will all be much wiser when we hear anything from PD. :cheers:

I just want new info of the stuff we've always wondered about and a livery editor showcase. The release date will drop soon after, I'm sure. Buckle up for new information in April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back