05.12.10 - Maserati Granturismo S at SSR7
06.12.10 - Maserati Granturismo S at Madrid
10.12.10 - Ferrari 330 P4 at Tokyo
13.12.10 - Alfa Romeo 8C at Monza
15.12.10 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 at Nurburgring
18.12.10 - Christmas Special Part 1 - Fiat 500 Abarth Spec
19.12.10 - Christmas Special Part 2 - BMW M3 GTS
20.12.10 - Christmas Special Part 3 - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
21.12.10 - Christmas Surprise - Christmas Car Giveaway!
24.12.10 - Christmas Car Giveaway - Winners Announced!
30.12.10 - The Top Gear Update - Jaguar XKR
03.01.11 - Lamborghini Murciélago SV at Mt. Aso
07.01.11 - Fiat 500 Bambino at Chamonix
10.01.11 - Vorsprung durch Technik - Audi R8 Advert
13.01.11 - Mercedes McLaren SLR 722 at Toscana
19.01.11 - Like the Wind - Audi R10 TDi Stealth at Indianapolis
24.01.11 - Super GT at Suzuka
01.02.11 - Lancer Evolution X at Eiger Tunnel
05.02.11 - Ferrari Enzo in Studio
12.02.11 - BMW M5 at Nurburgring
18.02.11 - Quantum of Solace Teaser
25.02.11 - 599 GTB Remix
07.03.11 - Chevrolet Camaro SS at Grand Valley
21.03.11 - Aston Martin DBR9 Photoshop
20.04.11 - Nissan GT-R at Nurburgring GP (Tournament Qualifier)
03.05.11 - Lotus Esprit at Circuit de La Sarthe (Tournament Round 1)
23.05.11 - McLaren F1 at Nurburgring GP (Tournament Round 2) + Photoshop Weather Experiment
27.05.11 - GT by Citroën at Toscana (Tournament Round 3)
31.05.11 - Alfa Romeo 8C at San Galgano Abbey
15.07.11 - Lexus LFA at Nurburgring
14.09.11 - Quantum of Solace
21.09.11 - Audi TT at High Speed Ring (Tournament Round 1)
27.09.11 - Lotus Elise at Mt. Aso (Tournament Qualifier) + Lexus IS Touring Car at Suzuka
15.11.11 - Corvette RM at Indy (Tournament Round 2) + Caterham at Tokyo Bay (Tournament Semi-Final)

Last edited:
My, it's certainly been a while. seems like only yesterday I, along with a a few of the other photomode vets around here were wide eyed with the possibilities of a photo-taking mode in the then-new Gran Turismo 4, and (after a long period of procrastination for me) creating galleries to showcase our finest work. But that was five years ago, and now we find ourselves in much the same position as before, with a shiny new Gran Turismo and a whole host of new possibilities to explore!

And so here we are! This time around the tools are more sophisticated, the game output is far cleaner (I won't miss the hours spent with the smudge brush cleaning up shoddy GT4 textures! …. except maybe on the standard cars <.<) and the community is that much larger.

I'll be using my gallery to post up my best work, hopefully regularly (although I make no guarantees!). Up above you'll find links to each update, road and track referring to single and multi-car shoots, and once I think of a good name a photo-travel section will be added (suggestions?). I've also added a few links for your perusal, namely my original GT4 gallery, my deviantART page (I really ought to put more stuff on dA…) and my Flickr page. So make yourself comfortable and enjoy! Do leave a comment, and any *constructive* criticism is welcome!

In the near future I hope to add an 'affiliates' section for a few of my favourite galleries on the 'Planet, but consider that under construction, for now. At least until I decide which galleries are my favourite!

Now to get the ball rolling, a quick photoshoot of my gorgeous dark bronze Maserati Granturismo S, cruising around in a one-make race at the picture-perfect SSR7. I have more photos of the same car tearing around the Madrid street circuit which you can expect in the next couple of days, so watch this space!

Maserati Granturismo S @ SSR7

Click for full size.

Good to see that good-ole' Rev is back! I think we have just about everyone back now, except Bram, but he doesn't have a PS3 and GT5 yet, but he is still here.

Anyway, the Maserati is looking very nice. Everyone loves the miles of tunnels at SSR7 and the sweet lighting and reflections it puts on the cars. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future. Your GT4 photoshop work was "Revolutionary", so I am hoping to see more from Revolution Studios!

Good to see that good-ole' Rev is back! I think we have just about everyone back now, except Bram, but he doesn't have a PS3 and GT5 yet, but he is still here.

Anyway, the Maserati is looking very nice. Everyone loves the miles of tunnels at SSR7 and the sweet lighting and reflections it puts on the cars. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in the future. Your GT4 photoshop work was "Revolutionary", so I am hoping to see more from Revolution Studios!
It is like a class reunion. :)

Don't forget 725, we've still gotta trick, er, convince him.

I've avoided SSR7 for as long as I can since I was worried about saturation of images around these parts, but so many of you guys have produced such awesome shots there that I need to get on that. These ones Rev are superb; realistic and still full of all the right levels of colour. It's nice to have perfect, crisp blurs provided for us now too, huh? Dunno which I like more, #2 or #3. Can't wait to see more.

Also nice to see the organized first post returning :). I've been thinking of an "affiliates" section as well, though like you said, it'll need to wait a bit! Glad to have you back around!

Sejtur - Thanks Sej, I'm itching to get back into photomode!
Bram Turismo - It is good to be back. I've missed the heyday of GT Photomode. :)
440 Charger - Aaah yes, SSR7 is truly a photomode dream! Especially with the new camera panning modes. The trick in the future will be coming up with really unique stuff from SSR7!
TVR&FF - It is indeed! Thanks for the add on Flickr btw!
Slip - Aha, I have noticed how popular SSR7 is... for good reason though, it's brilliant for photos. I figured I'd get my SSR7 shoot out of the way so that I can move on to finding other excellent locations. And my god yes, the panning options ingame are a godsend. D'you think PD kept an eye on the old Photomode forums and noticed how many of us applied faux-panning zoom blurs to our photos? We can only wonder I suppose!

Speaking of interesting locations, I've got an update for you all! I'm driving the same car, but as the Granturismo is just so gorgeous, I don't think you'll mind. The first shot is my entry for this week's 2.0 Competition, and on it I've tried a few new techniques, notably motion blurs for all the (completely stationary) reflections on the car, and a subtle glow/noise filter to pop the highlights and add to the vintage feel created by the old-school colour cast. Being strictly an experiment as yet, the rest of the photos in the shoot haven't got this.
So enjoy, and leave a comment!

Maserati Granturismo S @ Madrid

Click for full size.

Last edited:
I voted for you! The second set of pics are gorgeous. And I liked the way you photoshop them that they look like scans right out of a magazine. Great job!

I agree with the above posters; these images look near-real! Any of those images could easily come from a magazine. Love it! 👍

Agree with everyone Rev, they are some of the most realistic shots I've seen yet! Great work and really glad you have GT5 as well!

Thanks guys!
Bram - Any chance of seeing you join us in GT5 Photomode? Rumour has it you haven't got a PS3 yet :(
RetroGiant - Hmmm, you used to be Garnettrules21, yes? I didn't recognise your username but I figured as you have a GT4 gallery that you must have had a namechange somewhere between GT4 and GT5 :P Good to see you back too!
FaLLeNAn9eL - Hiya Fallen! Long time no see! Thanks for the comment :)

Bram - Any chance of seeing you join us in GT5 Photomode? Rumour has it you haven't got a PS3 yet :(

Those rumours are correct. My plan was to buy a PS3 & GT5 bundle for Christmas. But as of lately an issue has come up which made it unsure for me whether that PS3 will be bought at all I'm afraid. I'm dying to join all of you guys again, but I might not be able to. Doesn't mean I won't be following all the great stuff you guys post in here though! 👍

Absolutely awesome. The first photo is currently in my top 3 photos from this game so far! I love the blurring of the reflections and the colour cast is perfection. That car really is a beast, too. I love it!

RetroGiant - Hmmm, you used to be Garnettrules21, yes? I didn't recognise your username but I figured as you have a GT4 gallery that you must have had a namechange somewhere between GT4 and GT5 :P Good to see you back too!
)
Yep thats me man. I figured new game, new name change. I had garnettrules21 since I was in high-school lol (I'm 27 now).

Anywho, can't wait to see some new shots man. Your gallery really inspires me!

Now here's another gallery to follow closely...

That Maserati looks superb. Excellent work.

Good to see you're back, Rev!
Amazing photos as always - you put us all to shame.
I might consider getting back into it if I have the right motIvation... Hehe.

sejtur - Haha, photos from GT5 are almost unbelievably realistic sometimes! I'm really loving the new photomode.
Bram - Aww, that's a shame! Well hopefully you can join us all soon! In the meantime I'll do my best to keep delivering eye candy for you!
Moglet - Thank you! The reflection-blurring was experimental (and fairly rough, if I'm honest!) but I think it came out rather well. I think I mentioned in your gallery, but I must say that your GT-R portrait is one of my favourite shots I've seen from GT5 as yet!
Nicknamealguem - Thanks for the comment! Now... did you previously come here by a different name? You seem familiar but I can't pick the name, unfortunately!
RetroGiant - Aww, thanks! Something new coming up right now in fact :)
DiabolicalMask - Thanks for stopping by, its good to see you back in GT5!
grillface - Haha, thanks for visiting :)

And now to the update! Just a single photo this time, but I'm sure you'll all agree that quality trumps quantity any day.

A sexy little number from 1967, cruising round the streets of Tokyo...

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car @ Tokyo R246

Click for full size.

Phenomenal gallery :eek: Your index page is fantastic, but the quality of some of your shots is outstanding! The Maserati GT shots at Madrid are amazingly realistic 👍

What a Showroom!
Absolutly and by far the best what if seen so far from any racing game!

Could you tell me what Program you use for editing?

Touring Mars - Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you're enjoying my gallery, thanks for the comment :)
EmptySoul - Thanks! I see you've just started a gallery of your own. :) All my work is done in plain ol' Photoshop CS5.

Back