Sebastian Vettel Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Sarcasm][FakeRage]I'm going to send PolyPhony Digital hatemail until they open up the Vettle/X events! *RAWR! KEYBOARD SMASH! PUNCHES MONTOR!*[/Sarcasm][/FakeRage]

In all seriousness, there's still just under 12 hours until the 2nd for me. I'm not complaining, I still got things I can do. Perhaps there's a hiccup in today's supposed update that was discovered and is currently being fixed until further notice.

I just can't see why most of you just to conclusion that they're slow or are bad for not opening the event at EXACTLY when the calender turned over to 2014. If it was still unopened by this time tomorrow, then we should have some flags raised.

It just might be me, but I usually don't wait until a day later for something promised a day earlier. I would be failing school if that were the case. :lol:

Who said we were whining, we're being constructive. :sly:

After all this I do wonder if what we get today will even take up more than half an hour of my time to get done. I swear all this waiting and I bet there is no more than an hour of additional gameplay in this!

Now just for point of arguments sake. It is stated.
2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM

So in 7 hours time when it's 2/1/14 3am GMT it will be 2/1/14 12pm JST.

In saying that they've got some hours at work this morning to make sure they're all ready to go (assuming we're getting more than just these redbull events and a few seasonals opened up) Would it not have been simpler on their part to simply state on the events that they would be open on the second, considering more than three quarters of the world will already be 2/1/14 by the time it is released?

As I said, I think they've genuinely got dates mixed up. They still think it's GT5, so they aren't the best at counting.

I really, truly think, nobody should post until after that date. This has probably attracted mod attention in a negative fashion. If not that's a surprise. Everyone just calm down, play some GT6, and if after 3GMT on 1/2/14. Then it would be remotely reasonable to go to war. I understand tensions are high, but this is not the way to go about it...

@Mirage357 That would have been more convenient or easier to understand than just the 1st of January. Funny how we have to kind of decipher it to see when it's available. :dopey:

[Sarcasm][FakeRage]I'm going to send PolyPhony Digital hatemail until they open up the Vettle/X events! *RAWR! KEYBOARD SMASH! PUNCHES MONTOR!*[/Sarcasm][/FakeRage]

In all seriousness, there's still just under 12 hours until the 2nd for me. I'm not complaining, I still got things I can do. Perhaps there's a hiccup in today's supposed update that was discovered and is currently being fixed until further notice.

I just can't see why most of you just to conclusion that they're slow or are bad for not opening the event at EXACTLY when the calender turned over to 2014. If it was still unopened by this time tomorrow, then we should have some flags raised.
I can agree with the last bit.

frabz-You-Sir-Deserve-a-punch-in-Le-Face-3e62fb.jpg
Wrong use of that meme. Ten points from Gryffindor.

I will look later tonight, if not,then tomorrow or Friday. Not end of world, got plenty more in the game to do.

:gtpflag:

In my honest opinion, it was PD's fault that they said it would be there on the 1st, especially since it's the 2nd in Australia by now. They should've just said the 2nd so that we don't get our hopes up.

@Mirage357 That would have been more convenient or easier to understand than just the 1st of January. Funny how we have to kind of decipher it to see when it's available. :dopey:

That's exactly my point, waiting is not unreasonable, but I don't turn on my PS3 to play cluedo. I turn it on because they game on first look states 1st Jan for one thing then 2nd Jan for another when infact its 2nd Jan for the lot but they expect us to read the fine print which makes a situation like this what it is now. I think it would be much simpler if the game was coded to show you a more precise time of unlocking. Its actually not hard to code in recognition of a systems time frame to allow for this. Many other games/websites/phones/tablets and much more have this coding written in. It would take a good coder a verysmall amount of time to write this up and implement it into GT6.

In my honest opinion, it was PD's fault that they said it would be there on the 1st, especially since it's the 2nd in Australia by now. They should've just said the 2nd so that we don't get our hopes up.
In reality, something is planned to be done well in advance or a date isn't comited, and even then it has to be super safe prior to a street date (digital or otherwise).

So its fair to be disappointed if pd set the expectation.

But what pd should have known was nothing "works" when returning from a long holiday... So to commit to the 1st would have meant everything is ready well before the holiday.

The other consideration could be trying to squeeze an update or larger content package into this update... This would make the x challenges a much lower priority as over delivery is always forgivin. But again, that would mean all is ready to go prior to the holidays... But if that was really the case they would have released it in time for the holidays as that's the best time for any update (but the worst time for an update to fail).

So in essence, I have no clue what they are doing.

Edit; but bare in mind, for any "new" thing that works, a handful of new issues tend to emerge and this is a wrench is the works of future plans... Just look at the bug thread for all the issues still being discovered, some aren't easy fixes... This is the leading pain of/in the game industry.

When I called PS when my preordered GT6 game wasn't available she said that it goes off of pacific time? Which isn't true because I called at 1:00 a.m on Dec 6 to tell them I had no download available for GT6 and when I hung up 1 minute later it appeared. So who knows it comes when it comes. It just sucks because most people have off from work today and have the time to play.

Or there's a guy at PD, sleeping, dreaming about how his work day will consist of entering PD, hitting "upload" for a few x1 challenges, and seasonals, and a potential update, sharing a drink with Kaz, then going back to his computer to model a Nissan.

That seems likely, even the last bit :P

Well it should, at least if you can read and think.
I had a serious question about the release timetable in Japan. You just gave me a link on how to logically analyze an argument. :grumpy:

Apologies if I get a yellow card for this, I'm sure some people log in just to moan and stamp their feet.

http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/500x/44487786.jpg

But anyway, good night (off to bed, didn't sleep last night :P). They come when they come. It's not like the world is going to end when the year has only started.

Sebastian Vettel Events are free and you complain because they will be available after January 1st ?

Nonsense!

I had a serious question about the release timetable in Japan. You just gave me a link on how to logically analyze an argument. :grumpy:
I apologize. I shouldn't have said that. With so much unjustified whining i thought your question was rhetorical and used as a complement to your previous sentence. So i saw it as an argument, hence my answer.

It should be an intereesting info knowing if they really have the updates in Japan already or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back