Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
It looks like tomorrow or Saturday we will be getting the Senna content.

I'll edit this post if something happens within the next 1/2 hour happens.

Edit: It definitely looks like Friday, hence "by the end of the week" usually references Friday.
Don't take my word on it.

Last edited:
I'm glad we're getting the content, regardless of what it is. If there are more cars that haven't been announced, then that's awesome. If not, then we still have three awesome vehicles to throw around the track!

There's no way PD are pulling 20 hour shifts just to get a car or three modeled. In fact, it's clear the content is already made, because it's been demo'd to the Brazilian press.

I wouldn't think to put big feature updates with the Senna Tribute update, so maybe they're working up to a bigger update in the near future (once the Senna content has been digested).

Still, it'd be amazing to celebrate Senna's legacy and amend GT's recent legacy in one fell swoop. However partial.

There's no way PD are pulling 20 hour shifts just to get a car or three modeled. In fact, it's clear the content is already made, because it's been demo'd to the Brazilian press.

I wouldn't think to put big feature updates with the Senna Tribute update, so maybe they're working up to a bigger update in the near future (once the Senna content has been digested).

Still, it'd be amazing to celebrate Senna's legacy and amend GT's recent legacy in one fell swoop. However partial.
I have read somewhere that the Senna Tribute update is a 4 part update whatever that means

So today is 29 and we are still waiting for a content promised for 27.... :banghead:
Licensing issues got in the way of that.

Now, this might be completely off-topic and possibly this is maybe well known, but I have been hunting for some "working hours". It seems that if you work in the website maintenance area, you finish work at 7:15 PM Japanese time. If you are a assistant to the Graphics Designer, you work Monday to Friday, 5 hours a day. Found this rather interesting and if they have been pulling 20 hour shifts, they must have some dedicated employees (higher pay as a incentive perhaps?)

Is it confirmed as an update 1.08? or just a ninja update will unlock all the stuff?
Since there are no models of the cars or tracks in the game, I'm pretty sure that a hotfix won't do it. It's most likely 1.08. Though it shouldn't even matter because either way, you're going to be waiting as long as your Internet connection takes.

Since there are no models of the cars or tracks in the game, I'm pretty sure that a hotfix won't do it. It's most likely 1.08. Though it shouldn't even matter because either way, you're going to be waiting as long as your Internet connection takes.
wtf... seriously? 1.07 was almost 1 GB and still didnt have any senna content? We have to expect another massive size update coming then?

My PS3 is only 40GB, i'm almost out of space :banghead:

Oh, got it. So, should we expect for a server maintenance notice? :confused:

i've seen nothing saying the 30th all i've seen is "This Week"

The media have reported dates between the 27th and 30th. "This week" more or less ends on the 30th, although a weekend update isn't out of the question. I said the 30th for simplicity's sake, but obviously there's the chance it could slip to next week or be staggered across regions.

oh, got it. So, should we expect for a server maintenance notice? :confused:
At this point, I don't even know. I have a feeling that we won't be getting it this month and it might be delayed until next Monday or Tuesday.
PD could prove me wrong however as I am literally guessing.
I would be thinking that they would post a maintenance notice, unless the 1.07 patch modified the servers to adapt to the Senna content. We should be getting it soon, but I have that feeling that it will be delayed longer or at its worst, not have it at all.

The media have reported dates between the 27th and 30th. "This week" more or less ends on the 30th, although a weekend update isn't out of the question. I said the 30th for simplicity's sake, but obviously there's the chance it could slip to next week or be staggered across regions.
I would rather it be staggered across regions than completely delayed until June.

At this point, I don't even know. I have a feeling that we won't be getting it this month and it might be delayed until next Monday or Tuesday.
PD could prove me wrong however as I am literally guessing.
I would be thinking that they would post a maintenance notice, unless the 1.07 patch modified the servers to adapt to the Senna content. We should be getting it soon, but I have that feeling that it will be delayed longer or at its worst, not have it at all.
True, I'm starting to get worried about it.

Back