Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
as soon as i reboot the modem, i restart my PS3, stard GT6 and voila, update details pop up with VGT thing. i wonder why it only downloaded half of the update...?

as soon as i reboot the modem, i restart my PS3, stard GT6 and voila, update details pop up with VGT thing. i wonder why it only downloaded half of the update...?
Curious. Not sure, but glad you are dialed in now!

So just to be clear, we are not allowed to criticize anything in this game, we have to accept the scraps PD scrapes on to the floor for us, and we have to edit in the work ourselves that they didn't feel like doing their selves.

Got it 👍

Take the "complaints" to the Kaz section or details of the V1.08 section. I personally don't care if you are happy or not, but this is not the correct thread to continually moan. And the lengths people go to criticize and pick PD apart is ridiculous, why can people just concede they aren't happy unless something is perfect in their eyes..

As for the "worst idea" - very doubtful, very doubtful.

Monza layout is nearly completely different and Brands is massively changed as far as configuration. If you're upset about the buildings, stop looking at them and drive faster! The game is focusing on the driving physics - not the scenery. As for the sounds, the best in the game are with these two new cars. End of story.

Sorry, to you it might not matter, but then I'm guessing from your location you've never been to either of the circuits in question. I'm fairly familiar with Brands Hatch, and the combination of old track/current looks will stand out a mile. Ultimately, does it matter? Not really, but it's a weak effort. Not that different to just applying the Lotus physics model to the FGT, and not bothering to make a 3D model of it.

Curious. Not sure, but glad you are dialed in now!

Take the "complaints" to the Kaz section or details of the V1.08 section. I personally don't care if you are happy or not, but this is not the correct thread to continually moan.

As for the "worst idea" - very doubtful, very doubtful.
Once again someone trying to divert negative comments away to one thread. So much for a free and open forum.

This thread is for the Senna content, we are on topic. Deal with it.

Quite. The lengths people go to defend PD is ridiculous. Why can't people just concede their effort with the tracks is poor, whether they personally care or not?

Because in the opinions of many people their efforts weren't poor. Not everyone gives a toss about whether the buildings are era correct. You do, but many people don't. I'm not going out of my way to defend PD, I just happen to be pleased with the content. It's the most fun I've had playing GT since GT4.

So just to be clear, we are not allowed to criticize anything in this game, we have to accept the scraps PD scrapes on to the floor for us, and we have to edit in the work ourselves that they didn't feel like doing their selves.

Got it 👍
Once again someone trying to divert negative comments away to one thread. So much for a free and open forum.

No, trying to direct you to the appropriate place that your complaints might be read me addressed, rather than a thread that the majority of the participants don't share your issues and seem to be content with the content. See, despite what you think I am trying to help you be happy 👍

Sorry, to you it might not matter, but then I'm guessing from your location you've never been to either of the circuits in question. I'm fairly familiar with Brands Hatch, and the combination of old track/current looks will stand out a mile. Ultimately, does it matter? Not really, but it's a weak effort. Not that different to just applying the Lotus physics model to the FGT, and not bothering to make a 3D model of it.

Correct, I've only seen them on the "telly" - but driving around the circuit (the paved part with kerbs) seems to be pretty accurate from the footage I've seen. Sure there might not be a gravel trap exactly in the same spot, which is ok as I don't frequent them (or try to) - but the direction the road goes seems just right. No?

Because in the opinions of many people their efforts weren't poor. Not everyone gives a toss about whether the buildings are era correct. You do, but many people don't. I'm not going out of my way to defend PD, I just happen to be thoroughly pleased with all of the content. It's the most fun I've had playing GT since GT4.
I said it doesn't matter whether you care or not but to create an 80's racetrack and only do half the job is poor.

No, trying to direct you to the appropriate place that your complaints might be read me addressed, rather than a thread that the majority of the participants don't share your issues and seem to be content with the content. See, despite what you think I am trying to help you be happy 👍

What makes you think we want our opinions (Not complaints) addressed? This is a thread for the Senna content and we're giving our thoughts and opinions, just like you. Do you see me telling you to take your praise to the epic praising thread? No.

this is not the correct thread

My apologies for discussing the Senna content in the Senna content thread. I guess all threads on GTP should be positive with the exception of that one single thread.

Meanwhile, I'll go and take a costly photoshop course and purchase an expensive editing program to fulfill the needs that PD couldn't.

nrburgringnordschleifsnsiy.jpg

brandshatchindycircui32usr.jpg

But this isn't a free and open forum. This site is run the same way as several Tea Party sites in the States.

But returning to the topic. As mine is currently downloading I won't get a chance to play until evening, nevertheless not bothering to change any of the surroundings is a rather weak effort on the part of PD. But I'm not suprised.

I think the wider question is what on earth was in the 1.07 and 1.08 updates considering they were more than a 3rd of the size of the whole origional game if you got it from the PS store?

Since only the track layout files are different and only 4-5 cars were in them there must be a hell of a lot more content hidden in the patches.

I said it doesn't matter whether you care or not but to create an 80's racetrack and only do half the job is poor.

I think the layout of the course is considerably more important than the surrounding scenery, so I wouldn't say half the job. I do accept that they could have done more with the scenery for people who are interested in it, but like I said having the actual course nailed down is surely more important for a driving/racing game.

I don't think PD had access to the environment information such as building or trees.

You think someone can go back to the 80s and scanthe track?

I do agree that PD could do a better job but how do you expect PD to get the information about tree positions and correct building lengths?

It would be rather difficult.

My apologies for discussing the Senna content in the Senna content thread. I guess all threads on GTP should be positive with the exception of that one single thread.

Meanwhile, I'll go and take a costly photoshop course and purchase an expensive editing program to fulfill the needs that PD couldn't.

I have a photoshop copy that I'll send you for free, I learned without a course - I just watched YouTube. Again, I am sorry that you are unhappy with the job that PD did - and again you should make sure to take those concerns/comments and put a thread up in the Kaz questions section and maybe it'll be addressed by him.

Nice pictures VSpectra, look pretty good to me!

But this isn't a free and open forum. This site is run the same way as several Tea Party sites in the States.

But returning to the topic. As mine is currently downloading I won't get a chance to play until evening, nevertheless not bothering to change any of the surroundings is a rather weak effort on the part of PD. But I'm not suprised.

I think the wider question is what on earth was in the 1.07 and 1.08 updates considering they were more than a 3rd of the size of the whole origional game if you got it from the PS store?

Since only the track layout files are different and only 4-5 cars were in them there must be a hell of a lot more content hidden in the patches.

Two HD videos of a combined length of about twenty five minutes and some Vision Gran Turismo Mitsubishi images, among other things. People don't think about the subtler things, it's a lot more than car and track models.

Two HD videos of a combined length of about twenty five minutes and some Vision Gran Turismo Mitsubishi images, among other things. People don't think about the subtler things, it's a lot more than car and track models.

fair point. i really should abandon all hope in PD lol

I think the layout of the course is considerably more important than the surrounding scenery, so I wouldn't say half the job. I do accept that they could have done more with the scenery for people who are interested in it, but like I said having the actual course nailed down is surely more important for a driving/racing game.
I never said it wasn't but the fact is the scenery is half the job of creating a track, you basically just said that yourself. Whether you determine it more or less important than the track is irrelevant, to put no effort into the scenery is half the job.

fair point. i really should abandon all hope in PD lol

There could well be some more goodies. A Youtube-liveried Nissan GT-R GT3 was added to the game files in the previous update, and will most likely be unlocked on the 2nd for the final GT Academy event, for instance.

I never said it wasn't but the fact is the scenery is half the job of creating a track, you basically just said that yourself. Whether you determine it more or less important than the track is irrelevant, to put no effort into the scenery is half the job.

Fair enough.

As I said previously however, I don't really measure the quality of the game by looking at the quantity and quality of the work PD have done, I measure it by seeing if I'm enjoying myself playing it.

I don't think PD had access to the environment information such as building or trees.

You think someone can go back to the 80s and scanthe track?

I do agree that PD could do a better job but how do you expect PD to get the information about tree positions and correct building lengths?

It would be rather difficult.

I don't think people were expecting time travel. All the content anyone could ever need is on youtube. People seem to be able to do a decent job of recreating old tracks in their bedrooms for PC sims. Odd that a major company didn't bother.

I don't think people were expecting time travel. All the content anyone could ever need is on youtube. People seem to be able to do a decent job of recreating old tracks in their bedrooms for PC sims. Odd that a major company didn't bother.

Possibly they have more time and space to do it.

It's the last that I'll mention it. The cars are nice, I'm ok with the sounds even if they are RB junior sounds, at least they are far better than any of the other sounds in game, I liked the tribute videos, but the tracks were a poor effort regardlessly.

Trying to squash the criticism is only going to encourage PD to continue failing to reach the standards that other companies achieve with much less to work with. Without the criticism, we will only get more half hearted content in the future. PD have come to a time where they need a big shake up to sort themselves out, more than they have before.

Back