Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
I don't think PD had access to the environment information such as building or trees.

You think someone can go back to the 80s and scanthe track?

I do agree that PD could do a better job but how do you expect PD to get the information about tree positions and correct building lengths?

It would be rather difficult.
Nobody would expect a perfect representation but they haven't even tried, unlike other companies.

Nobody would expect a perfect representation but they haven't even tried, unlike other companies.

The PD Employee topic comes in mind.

They're working on GT7 and GT6 with only about 100 employees.

Recreating the whole tracks would not make it in time on May 2014 so they just left it as it is.

It's the last that I'll mention it. The cars are nice, I'm ok with the sounds even if they are RB junior sounds, at least they are far better than any of the other sounds in game, I liked the tribute videos, but the tracks were a poor effort regardlessly.

Trying to squash the criticism is only going to encourage PD to continue failing to reach the standards that other companies achieve with much less to work with. Without the criticism, we will only get more half hearted content in the future.

Like I said earlier...they would have to make brand new 80's circuits.

Do they have the time?

prehaps. but PD must be in a very bad place indeed if they have less capacity than someone who mods games as a hobby.

Many of the biggest racing simulators are community developments that have most of their content made by enthusiastic programmers rather than employees, that's a fact. More people equals more content, more detail etc. PD can't compete with community-made games in that respect.

Many of the biggest racing simulators are community developments that have most of their content made by enthusiastic programmers rather than employees, that's a fact. More people equals more content, more detail etc. PD can't compete with community-made games in that respect.
No. F1 2013, Shift2, Project CARS. Just three examples of games doing a far better job with classic tracks than PD. PD are better funded than all 3 and better staffed than at least 1.

Guys I can't get a silver on brands hatch, it's driving me mad, how did you do it?

I don't know anything specific but I lost a lot of time on the big right handers in the 2nd half of the circuit, you basically have to be brave and trust the downforce for those corners, the understeer eases up considerably at speed.

They just re-used the RBs samples :lol: The Lotus at times sounds like a Subaru - it even have the same RBs pop when you lift off the throttle :lol:

They couldn't even record ONE car.

"Completely remodeled tracks" are simply the same tracks with slightly different corners - cheap, poor, lazy job.

I also like how the Lotus comes in with 2.5 front and 1.5 back camber - which STILL makes it slower in GT6. :ouch:

Mitsubishi - another vacuum and the video wasn't even subbed.

Seriously PD ?

👎

They just re-used the RBs samples :lol: The Lotus at times sounds like a Subaru - it even have the same RBs pop when you lift off the throttle :lol:

"Completely remodeled tracks" are simply the same tracks with slightly different corners - cheap, poor, lazy job.

I also like how the Lotus comes in with 2.5 front and 1.5 back camber - which STILL makes it slower in GT6. :ouch:

Seriously PD ?

👎
This is the best PD has done in 4 years, and all you can do is thumbs down?

I found that, for the F3, the low speed understeer was immense, and that it has way, way too much downforce compared to it's power output. For the one that I won I'll probably start by shedding most of that downforce.

Sorry to hear that, though nobody is claiming that this is some kind of giant game-rejuvanating miracle. You can't consider each addition PD make in terms of whether it has transformed the game into something great or not, you just have to ask yourself if you're having fun at that given moment.

F3 cars always used to have had a reputation for having a lot more grip than power. I don't know if that's changed now though.

Seriously PD ?

👎

No acknowledgement at all of the quality of the menus, the linking of each event to Senna's life and career, the adjustable parts available to the Lotus 97T, the terrific render of the 97T, the quality of the sound of the F3 car etc. etc.

This is why I think some of you don't want PD to be doing well at all, but instead are here to highlight and exaggerate it's flaws.

Lets just put anything alongside tracks then since it doesn't matter. No, it's about immersion, I can't feel like i'm in the 80's when the track surroundings are modern. It's just lazy. Brands is not massively changed, two corners from what I saw. As I said they didn't even put the old gravel trap in at T2.

As for sounds people are exaggerating IMO. They're not bad but they're not amazing either.
People on GTplanet exaggerating about sounds?
Nah, surely not. :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back