Senna content coming soon?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by strela, Mar 25, 2014.

1. eSZee

eSZee

It's a suit with mclaren on it, not a mclaren suit.

2. bigspleen

bigspleen (Banned)

Soon in PD times is maybe 2015 or never.

neilinoz, aSaNG and OdeFinn like this.
  3. 86Debris86

86Debris86

Edit: :boggled: :confused: I have no idea why or how I quoted this or even how this post exists. I blame my phone and my dodgy internet. Please disregard.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    blackjack likes this.
  4. blackjack

blackjack

I sure would like to hear Kaz tell us his definition of "soon".

Davoxx likes this.
  5. 86Debris86

86Debris86

Me too.

(Seriously though. How the hell did I quote that other guys post above??? I saw you "liked" it and that was the first time I saw it! Weird.)

6. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

If GT6 has bugs, in only seems right that GTP follows suit.

7. Wrenchead

Wrenchead

Rumors say sony is going to be mclarens title sponsor in 2014 maybe some classic or modern mclaren f1 cars for gt6

[​IMG]

ProjectF and Tenacious D like this.
  8. Samus

Samus

9. 86Debris86

86Debris86

@Samus - Glorious. Well played, sir.

10. gambleboyen

gambleboyen

Hasn't Bernie Eccelstone and his cronies got current/recent F1 licences by the balls?

Dave Beerman likes this.
  11. Flaren89

Flaren89

Well, SimRaceWay (SRW) a couple of months ago released the Lotus 88B... So maybe FIA have thrown away their F1 licences for games (or just some of them) other than Codemaster's F1 brand, which is missing aged McLarens right because SRW got the exclusive untill last year.
    And maybe this is the reason why FM5 got Lotus E21, McLaren M23 & Ferrari 312 T2... And now, looking at the 1.01 intro which ends with Senna getting into a Lotus 9xT makes sense.

Tenacious D and Dave Beerman like this.
  12. Flaren89

Flaren89

Tomorrow will be the 20th anniversary, let's see...

13. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Tomorrow is the 1st of April, Senna died on the first of May.

Dave Beerman and 86Debris86 like this.
  14. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

15. Flaren89

Flaren89

Oh God, why am I 1 month foward? -.- Sorry...
    Why this?

JoshB1984 and 86Debris86 like this.
  16. Makes sense, Kaz will prob get the license just so he can say "see, i told you the sounds were too real", Instead of improving sounds just add cars that sound like hoovers

Rafael F likes this.
  17. Squanto

Squanto Premium

This one just popped in my mind again ...

just thought i should share it here ....

18. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida

I have a bit of a different theory: I think we'll get more than just Senna's Lotus 98T. I'll elaborate.

Goodwood Festival has a statue in real-life, and it contains some models Lotus has used in F-1. From a classic Jim Clark car to a modern-era post-Genii Capital Lotus Renault. See pic below:

[​IMG]

You can also see a Lotus from around the same era as the 98T, as well as Senna's 1987 yellow Lotus.

Now, if you go to the Goodwood Festival of Speed in-game, and go to Photo Mode on the track, you can find spots where you can clearly point your camera to the statue and check it with great detail, and one thing bothers me. The car models on the statue are very, VERY detailed, especially considering the objects around the statue. Too detailed for something you can barely see. Even the light reflections work almost the same way as it does on a playable car. It's almost as if they just shrunk models of the cars yet to be in-game, but have completed them already. And you can read some of the drivers' names too (I remember reading Jim Clark's). Also, guess which car was omitted from the statue in-game? The modern car, the one PD was less likely to have licensed. See in-game pics below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Who used #12 Lotus 99T (the yellow one)? Senna.

I might be wild guessing here, but I think I'm on to something.

richidoo, Tenacious D and ProjectF like this.
  19. ColouredBadger

ColouredBadger (Banned)

I think you're mistaking 100% accuracy of the location with possible future content. They've just made the statue the same as it is in real life because of the 'simulation' they try to uphold on everything in the game. It's also why the tents on Goodwood have car names like Dacia clearly visible. It doesn't mean they're coming to Gran Turismo, just that they are recreating the real world location as accurately as possible. :) In my views.

20. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Too right. IIRC this same speculation was beat to death when Goodwood was announced as well.

21. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida

I agree with you, but what throws me off is how different the cars on the statue look and feel when compared to their surroundings. And it doesn't match Goodwood's statue 100%, as the 2011 (I think) Lotus F1 car isn't there.

richidoo, Tenacious D and Rafael F like this.
  22. ColouredBadger

ColouredBadger (Banned)

I may be mistaken but I think Turn10 and Forza own the rights to that particular Lotus F1 car, if not the 2011 it's the 2012 so Gran Turismo may have had to have swapped it for a different car which isn't owned? I dunno. It's a fair point you have made but I feel it is nothing more than a visual thing in the game. For now at least.
    We shall have to wait and see what happens with the Senna content, we might all be surprised.

I still feel that Imola needs to be in the DLC (even though he died there) as it is a poignant track from his career... I think Interlagos and Imola would be a good track pack, especially if it was surrounding Senna's career DLC. Plus Imola is awesome track.

23. NFSCARBON1

NFSCARBON1

That's a good point. If the car was only modelled as part of the statue, surely it wouldn't come under the F1 licensing regulations?
    Hopefully the cars have been properly modelled and are awaiting inclusion, but I sadly doubt it

24. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

How many times are people planning to post this up? Maybe in China when the sponsor is claimed to be revealed it will be true but there is no evidence supporting other than a rumor back in December that didn't ring true (yet)

25. Harsk100

Harsk100

Senna's content will not be coming UNTIL May 2014 to commemorate his 20 years of passing.

26. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida

I wonder if us brazilians will get any content for free, or in advance, since our GT6 edition has his signature on the cover and the logo celebrating 20 years of his passing. I can't wait.

27. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

Why would you think you should get something that the rest of us that paid full price for the game shouldn't?

JKal, TokoTurismo, neilinoz and 4 others like this.
  28. wprpalmeida

wprpalmeida

because it was advertised so.

29. MatheusBond

MatheusBond

HUEHUE, why would you think that? It's just the cover for the LA version. I want to believe you, though.

yabiggoose likes this.
  30. MatheusBond

MatheusBond

It wasn't, at all, at any point.